List Mgmt. 2015 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - 2016 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember Terlich being a crowd favourite in 2013 because he'd take it on and try to get the ball away from our defence with Garland. As melbourne supporters back then that's all we had asides from Howe taking marks and Jones trying his heard out.

Don't ask me why, but I read this and instantly visualised this:

image.jpeg

So sick of the Terlich bashing, to be honest. Came third in our B&F in 2013 and was one of our only decent performers. Puts in a ton of hard work, makes some mistakes but that's why he isn't playing AFL. Excluding dressing up as Rolf, what's he done to generate this level of hate? Its just unpleasant, IMO. Stop sticking the boot into a guy because he wants to see out his contract.

I think it's just that his 2015 was poor. Really, really poor. As much as we rip on McKenzie, Riley, Bail etc they all outperformed him this year and were delisted, yet Terlich is still contracted for another year (admittedly our fault).

He's in his prime (25), injury-free, but still couldn't crack into our senior side for even one match despite us suffering from injuries and rotating young players through. Even Mitch White was elevated off the rookie list and selected against GWS instead of him at half-back.

Unlike McKenzie it's not like he was even performing well at VFL level but would never convert it to AFL standard, most of his reports from Casey were of him being pretty mediocre.

Terlich's already reached his ceiling, and ceiling is already lower than many first year players that are only just beginning their careers.

He isn't a list clogger, he is THE list clogger.

Is vandenBerg being promoted?

He's still on the rookie list on the website, whereas Harmes has been added to the senior list.

Also, in Misson's training update video, he said we had one pick in the rookie draft.
Yep vanders is getting upgraded.. only have 1 pick in rookie draft because we have committed the other to Viv..

Both he and Harmes are definite upgrades to the senior list so I've updated accordingly.
Does anyone know then why we only have one rookie spot? Aren't you allowed four?

Does anyone know then why we only have one rookie spot? Aren't you allowed four?
It's in the OP mate. Michie (delisted from senior list) will be rookied and I've factored that in so we only have 1 other rookie pick.

It's possible Michie may get rookied by someone else before us (I haven't seen the rookie draft order) but for the moment I've put him there.

2016 Rookies: King (2nd yr), White (2nd yr), Michie (1st yr), other rookie pick (1st yr)

VdB is listed as a rookie on the MFC website still but I think that needs updating.

It's in the OP mate. Michie (delisted from senior list) will be rookied and I've factored that in so we only have 1 other rookie pick.

It's possible Michie may get rookied by someone else before us (I haven't seen the rookie draft order) but for the moment I've put him there.

2016 Rookies: King (2nd yr), White (2nd yr), Michie (1st yr), other rookie pick (1st yr)

VdB is listed as a rookie on the MFC website still but I think that needs updating.
Harmes and vDB's upgrades confirmed here -> http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-11-25/melbournes-2016-primary-list-filled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still clinging on to faint hope that we could now delist Terlich & pay him out to take another DFA (e.g. Adcock) - is that the case? Or could we promote another rookie to Terlich's spot and take 2 in the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back