2015 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Think we should have a thread dedicated to news articles, audio clips, etc. for the season.

Here are a couple of articles I stumbled on today. First one on Lachie Neale and the 2nd is on Fyfe.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...dermott-brereton/story-fni5ezi5-1227306782403

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-13/unstoppable-fyfe-following-path-of-modern-greats/6389320

They are gushing! Cant wait to read the accolades when and if Fremantle actually win the thing

Haha - Managed to squeeze in Natanui and forget about Priddis. Good to see nothing changes in the media :)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-17/player-ratings-round-three-the-hot-and-the-not

WEST COAST v FREMANTLE

Rd29.jpg

HOT: Eagles forward Josh Kennedy was the top-scoring player of round two. He sits at a career-high 48th overall, fourth among all key forwards. Fremantle star Nat Fyfe had a career-high 30.9 points in round two. 36 disposals and 25 contested possessions were also career-highs.
NOT: Eagles ruckman Nic Naitanui averages just 3.1 hit-outs to advantage against Fremantle. He averages 5.7 against all other clubs. Dockers forward Chris Mayne has kicked just 14 goals in his last 25 games. He kicked 76 goals from 47 games in 2012 and 2013.

Haha - Managed to squeeze in Natanui and forget about Priddis. Good to see nothing changes in the media :)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-17/player-ratings-round-three-the-hot-and-the-not

WEST COAST v FREMANTLE

Rd29.jpg

HOT: Eagles forward Josh Kennedy was the top-scoring player of round two. He sits at a career-high 48th overall, fourth among all key forwards. Fremantle star Nat Fyfe had a career-high 30.9 points in round two. 36 disposals and 25 contested possessions were also career-highs.
NOT: Eagles ruckman Nic Naitanui averages just 3.1 hit-outs to advantage against Fremantle. He averages 5.7 against all other clubs. Dockers forward Chris Mayne has kicked just 14 goals in his last 25 games. He kicked 76 goals from 47 games in 2012 and 2013.
I wonder what Sandi's stats are for hit-outs to advantage. Because Natanui's numbers look really low

Anyone else notice the former Hawthorn greats putting all the attention on the Dockers and deflecting the spotlight from the wees and poos? They've turned it up a notch after round one when everybody had the w&ps written on the cup already.

Propaganda.

Anyone else notice the former Hawthorn greats putting all the attention on the Dockers and deflecting the spotlight from the wees and poos? They've turned it up a notch after round one when everybody had the w&ps written on the cup already.

Propaganda.

It definitely occurred to me but then again, Derm's always been a Dave Mundy admirer.
Being the cynic I am though, there's a strategy at play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was watching "Footy Fix" or whatever the show after the Friday night footy in WA is called. The panel had mark Duffield from the west and Peter bell and two other blokes whose names I can't remember. Anyway, when discussing Fyfe, the younger of the panelists said he had spoken to Fyfe who told him; "I just don't think anyone can tackle me". The panelist then said that Fyfe would probably hate him repeating that. Regardless, if it's true, it goes to show the kind of confidence Fyfe is playing with now.

It's common knowledge but I love to be reminded of who the Eagles picked instead of Fyfe and then what they ended up with.

Ouch!
I like how all the articles for the derby comment on how the Sandi/Natanui matchup is going to be a thing of beauty. They're right. It is going to be beautiful watching Sandi absolutely towel-up Notacluey & dominate the ruck.

Last edited:
I like how all the articles for the derby comment on how the Sandi/Natanui matchup is going to be a thing of beauty. They're right. It is going to be beautiful watching Sandi absolutely towel-up Natanui & dominate the ruck.
It's Naitanui! Sorry it just drives me nuts seeing it spelt wrong :)

It's common knowledge but I love to be reminded of who the Eagles picked instead of Fyfe and then what they ended up with.

Ouch!

I prefer to remember the stars they selected after the Fyfe pick. Remember Gerrick Weedon and Koby Stevens and the 10 or so quality games they played between them? Didn't think so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back