2015 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anybody with the AFL live pass checked that you are having unauthorised payments coming out of you credit card for $4.99 a week or $14.99 through Telstra for the NFL pass. It originally comes up as a dummy $1 charge to a CO called SDM Aust and when verified it,s listed as a charge to the NFL.
I've checked on line and there is tons of complaints about this. I have never watched an NFL game and definitely did not sign up for this service.I've been trying for days to cancel the payment ,its impossible with no contact numbers.In the end I've had to on the banks advice cancel my credit card which has its own list of problems. Check your statements ,its a telstra ,NFL scam.

Has anybody with the AFL live pass checked that you are having unauthorised payments coming out of you credit card for $4.99 a week or $14.99 through Telstra for the NFL pass. It originally comes up as a dummy $1 charge to a CO called SDM Aust and when verified it,s listed as a charge to the NFL.
I've checked on line and there is tons of complaints about this. I have never watched an NFL game and definitely did not sign up for this service.I've been trying for days to cancel the payment ,its impossible with no contact numbers.In the end I've had to on the banks advice cancel my credit card which has its own list of problems. Check your statements ,its a telstra ,NFL scam.
If you keep pushing Telstra, they will refund. If they have no evidence of an authorised charge from you, then they will refund it. I know of similar things happening and threats of telecommunications ombudsman work wonders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you keep pushing Telstra, they will refund. If they have no evidence of an authorised charge from you, then they will refund it. I know of similar things happening and threats of telecommunications ombudsman work wonders.

the TIO solves everything because the telcos get fined if it goes on for too long. always involve them if you can.

What's the bet if he'd come from the Budgies in identical circumstances the headline would have read:

"New Cat Menegola to build on defensive lessons learnt"

Looks like we are losing a recruiter. Interesting article about the lack of WA talent in this year's draft and possibly next years as well, maybe we need some sort of academy where we can get first pick of the local talent at a reduced price :rolleyes:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-26/wa-appoints-new-talent-manager-after-draft-drought

FREMANTLE recruiter Adam Jones has been pegged as a vital part of rebuilding Western Australia's under-18 system, having been appointed the state's talent manager.

Jones, who has worked in recruiting for the past eight years and has been the Dockers' state recruiting manager since 2012, will take on the role after the recent departure of Raff Guadagnino.

The 31-year-old will lead the WAFC's talent portfolio alongside schools competitions manager Clayton Anderson, who will take on the role as the talent programs coordinator.

The restructure follows a poor night for the state at Tuesday night's NAB AFL Draft, with just three under-18 players – Callum Ah Chee, Josh Schoenfeld and Declan Mountford – joining clubs.

Yestin Eades, who relocated to North Ballarat this year from Perth was also taken, alongside four mature-aged players.

A number of WA prospects, including Kade Stewart and Jordan Snadden, are possible recruits at Friday's NAB AFL Rookie and Pre-Season Drafts.
Jones played 14 WAFL games with Subiaco and has also been a member of the football commission's talent pathway advisory committee for the past three years as the state plans to better develop its young prospects.

"I have played and been involved in the elite football industry for over 10 years now and this is a great opportunity not only for me and my career but also to help make a difference to football in WA," Jones said.

Former AFL players Ash McGrath and Mark McGough, along with WAFL premiership player Darren Rumble, have been appointed as coaches with the West Australian under-18 side.

Next year's crop of WA talent includes likely early choice Sam Petrevski-Seton and key defender Josh Rotham, but recruiters were concerned at the lack of success from the state's under-16 side at this year's championships.

I hadn't realised that Menegola had missed 10 games this year, thats a bloody decent effort to barely miss out on a sandover medal.
Shows what difference the team instructions can make on a player. Going from being a pure defensive tagger to hunting the ball as an inside mid. I wonder how many other of our players are under these kind of instructions. Would go some way toward explaining why Suban for example gets such low numbers yet seems to get in the votes from the coaches.

Heard Robert Walls on SEN recently commenting that his mate RTB is one under pressure in 2016. Searched around for a little more detail and didn't see this piece back then. He doesn't pull punches with those he perceives to be the bottom six. Interesting analysis on Barlow and Mzungu given they seemed to be out of favour at times in 2015.

Ross Lyon has problems. He has to make changes to his Dockers list and playing style.

Fremantle's grunt could never be questioned, but their depth of quality falls away significantly. Their last six players get exposed on the big stage and they aren't good enough for this team to win a premiership.

For all his huff and puff Hayden Ballantyne doesn't blow enough houses down. He is too inconsistent to be relied upon. He can't take a turn in the midfield, he can be selfish, he wastes too much time and energy creating spotfires, and as we saw in the first quarter on Friday night, because of his bad boy reputation the umpires won't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Michael Barlow's time is up. He has become crab-like, stopping the forward momentum of his team. His lack of pace sees him repeatedly side-step and backpedal because for him it's the safe option. His kicking lacks sharpness and penetration, highlighted when he squandered two goal kicking opportunities in Friday night's final quarter.

Chris Mayne simply doesn't do enough as a permanent forward. Averaging just over a goal a game for the minor premiership team represents a poor return. Next year it's time for Alex Pearce and Matt Taberner to be given opportunities there.

Zac Dawson has been given a golden run under Lyon at both St Kilda and Fremantle, but his time is up. The big full back continually lets his team down with undisciplined free kicks and reports. And in today's game you can't have a player that you actually don't want to touch the ball for fear he will muck up with it. Sadly, that's the case with Zac.

It's tough, but Tendai Mzungu and Matt de Boer need to be replaced. They give their all but their fumbles and lack of finish are costly. The clean hands and precise kicking skills of the Hawks exposed their weaknesses. If they are kept, the temptation will be to play them, and that will stifle the creative development of this team.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...wont-win-the-premiership-20150927-gjvz2s.html

Man, describing Barlow as "crab-like" is so harsh. He wasn't great this year but damn, there were far worse out there IMO.

Then again, I am blinded by Barlow-love and probably get overly defensive of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back