2015 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with most of what Walls said. We do need to change things up.

Its happening with the training concentrating on skills and less on running. Change of coaches with a Hawks influence. You can hear the Hawks boys telling the players thats how Hawthorn do it. Drafting Bennell and Yarran must change up our attack. Yarran at 26 and lightening quick has not been picked up to play for Peel. I think Weller will play day one. He would not sign a contract extension to play at Peel. The pace in the squad has been improved along with the run. The change in the interchange rules will mean we play more runners. Weller definitely and Blakely and Langdon on the cusp.

Its happening with the training concentrating on skills and less on running. Change of coaches with a Hawks influence. You can hear the Hawks boys telling the players thats how Hawthorn do it. Drafting Bennell and Yarran must change up our attack. Yarran at 26 and lightening quick has not been picked up to play for Peel. I think Weller will play day one. He would not sign a contract extension to play at Peel. The pace in the squad has been improved along with the run. The change in the interchange rules will mean we play more runners. Weller definitely and Blakely and Langdon on the cusp.
Your words to God's (Ross's) ears!

Man, describing Barlow as "crab-like" is so harsh. He wasn't great this year but damn, there were far worse out there IMO.

Then again, I am blinded by Barlow-love and probably get overly defensive of him.

Very harsh to call him crab like, a poorer season for sure and his lack of time in the midfield did seem to lessen his value. But, he has put in some outstanding performances in the midfield and I can't see a reason why he couldn't again. Has that rare ability to just get the pill time and time again.

Very harsh to call him crab like, a poorer season for sure and his lack of time in the midfield did seem to lessen his value. But, he has put in some outstanding performances in the midfield and I can't see a reason why he couldn't again. Has that rare ability to just get the pill time and time again.
The only thing I disagreed with was his Barlow comments.

Question is who will come out of team for both yarran and bennel?

Im thinking Spud DeBoer and maybe Suban.

I would get rid of Tabener and put Griff in his spot. Message to Tabs improve.

Elvis has moved buildings. He'd be quite the mentor.

Sorry McPharlin. While your with those dirty filthy bastards you're dead to me. Hope to see you at a decent club again soon.

haha understand the feeling, but don't worry, as I don't barrack for either Freo team I can continue the love for McPharlin!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross Lyon on 3aw's Sports Today Thursday Dec 3rd.

Toggle to approx. 15m30s to 24m20s

Nothing too in depth. Topics covered Alastair Clarkson's coaching, Yarran and Bennell, Fremantle captain.

Barlow was either injured or his lack of pace has become an issue in the 2nd half of the season. i hope it was an injury.

He did appear to be struggling towards the end of the year. Good sign that he is having his first injury free preseason and finished third in the 3k. Imagine Bennell and Barlow back to his best in the midfield from round one.

He did appear to be struggling towards the end of the year. Good sign that he is having his first injury free preseason and finished third in the 3k. Imagine Bennell and Barlow back to his best in the midfield from round one.

He actually played his best game for the year in the last round when played in the midfield but went back to the high half forward position for the finals where he struggled again.

As we strive to achieve more pace through our midfield we can clearly only play so many big bodied mids and Barlow is behind the others. And now Bennell would be first choice as a high half forward. It seems he's fully aware that his spot in the side is in jeopardy as he's come back in cracking condition so he's putting the pressure on to keep his spot.

He actually played his best game for the year in the last round when played in the midfield but went back to the high half forward position for the finals where he struggled again.

As we strive to achieve more pace through our midfield we can clearly only play so many big bodied mids and Barlow is behind the others. And now Bennell would be first choice as a high half forward. It seems he's fully aware that his spot in the side is in jeopardy as he's come back in cracking condition so he's putting the pressure on to keep his spot.

It has been said many times by me and others - Barlow should be played as an inside mid freeing Fyfe and Mundy to use the skills that they have that make them so much more than inside mids. It seems so blindingly obvious.

I'm kind of over Crozier, To me it seems like he thinks he is wayyyy belter than he is.

"It's well documented I came in fairly skinny and a little pasty kid from Victoria," Crozier said
Well documented?? Well documented!! haha, you're a part timer at best mate. Your career has not been well documented because at this stage, your career has been very average.

He always misses tackles, goes missing in big games, preferring to play with his salad than keep his eye on the ball, or his man.

To me, his career has been 1 big mark in the TAC cup and a VERY VERY polished instagram account, nothing more.

I hope I'm wrong

He's 21yr old and has only played 34 games, almost half of those being as the sub.

And on the 'goes missing in big games' like when he kicked the goal in our 2nd game against Richmond. Set shot on the 50m line to put us back in front.

Perhaps you should redirect your anger at some of our experienced players who go missing and make mistakes rather than lambasting a kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back