2015 MLB Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Mets fan here, home of arguably the best young pitching roster in the entire league, and possibly the worst infield in the league. No noted 1B and no noted SS. Disaster. IMO we should trade some pieces for Tulo and have a real go at it.

Nats get Scherzer for 7 year $210m deal. Makes a strong rotation even stronger although rumours starting that they may trade zimmerman.

NL East is going to be a cakewalk for them this year
Cant see them keeping Zimmerman, already come out and stated that he wont take home town discount.
Nationals looks real good

Scherzer, Strassburg, Zimmerman, Fister, Gonzales is a helluva rotation.

Rumours of shopping Strassburg as well, but you'd think it'd be Zimmerman or Fister to get traded.

Cubs aquired Dexter Fowler for Valbuena and Straily today, whilst Rangers acquired Gallardo for prospects

God its sucks seeing Nats make moves like that but we (Mets) wont pull the trigger on a decent SS. Would love Alderson to give it a real shot this year

Ernie Banks, Mr Cub, has passed away aged 83. Played all 19 seasons with the Cubs as a SS/1B, MVP in 58/59 and overall hit .274 with 512 home runs.

From all reports a genuinely great guy off the field as well as a star on it, famous for the "It's a beautiful day for a ballgame, lets play two" line.

Is it Alderson or the Wilpons?
Assume its a combination of both, would love the Wilpons to pull out the wallet but Alderson also seems to be hesitant to deal any of the young pitching pieces. I get that deGrom and Harvey are untouchable, but our prospect Noah Syndergaard is really highly sought after, I would love us to take advantage of that.

As of now, we dont even have an opening day SS! Its madness.

Assume its a combination of both, would love the Wilpons to pull out the wallet but Alderson also seems to be hesitant to deal any of the young pitching pieces. I get that deGrom and Harvey are untouchable, but our prospect Noah Syndergaard is really highly sought after, I would love us to take advantage of that.

It'll be interesting whether the cubs and mets ever come together on a trade. Given the cubs have
- Castro at SS
- Baez playing second, a natural SS also
- Addison Russell will be SS in AAA and is a top 5-10 prospect in all of baseball
- Kris Bryant coming up to 3rd base, likely blocking a player (although he may eventually move to outfield)
- Alcantera plays second/short as well as CF

There's a glut of players there, but not a heap of high end pitching in the system. I'm happy to sit on that glut for another year but I think next offseason it'll probably come to a head over whether or not plyers get shifted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything seems to be pointing to being competitive when the new stadium opens up. I like the young guys they have acquired in trades especially Tyrell Jenkins.

yeah that is their plan but doesnt make for good watching this season. will be good to see young kids when they are being brought through but be lucky to be over .500 this year.

What date does the season begin. My young bloke played BB this season and loves it. We have fox so I guess its broadcast here. When does the season begin?

cheers mate. Our kids u12s scraped into the final 4 by %. we thought we had no chance and got a call Tuesday to get to training! So AFL training has been cancelled for at least another week! haha

Any idea when some games will be on fox?

cheers mate. Our kids u12s scraped into the final 4 by %. we thought we had no chance and got a call Tuesday to get to training! So AFL training has been cancelled for at least another week! haha

Any idea when some games will be on fox?
Our opening game is start April and ESPN always have opening day so around then. Not 100% sure on the date

thanks mate. While I have someone here that knows something, WTF does all this mean? Batting I can work out...

Pitching:- M Sloane 2ip, 6h, 4k, 2er - L Ahearn .1ip, 1h, 0k, 1er - C Back 1.2ip, 2h, 2k

thanks mate. While I have someone here that knows something, WTF does all this mean? Batting I can work out...

Pitching:- M Sloane 2ip, 6h, 4k, 2er - L Ahearn .1ip, 1h, 0k, 1er - C Back 1.2ip, 2h, 2k
2 innings pitched, 6 hits, 4 strikes and 2 errors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back