2015 Monaco Grand Prix - FIA Formula One World Championship: Round Six

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's my summary of the Monaco Grand Prix - (thanks James Allen)

Screen-Shot-2015-05-24-at-15.31.52-e1432478400207.png

Anyone else lose it when Kimi was on the radio after RIC bumped him, going off his nut about it but then to finish off with "Its just not....very nice"

ahahahaha

I've looked at it quite a few times and can't really work out if it's a racing incident or penalty-worthy.

Ricciardo certainly isn't in a passing position, but he does have the inside line and it is Monaco where passing is almost impossible; probably worthy of a 5 second penalty. Raikkonen probably should have positioned his car better to block the move though.

I've looked at it quite a few times and can't really work out if it's a racing incident or penalty-worthy.

Ricciardo certainly isn't in a passing position, but he does have the inside line and it is Monaco where passing is almost impossible; probably worthy of a 5 second penalty. Raikkonen probably should have positioned his car better to block the move though.

It's definitely right on the line. One one hand as you say Ricciardo isn't really along side but on the other hand Raikkonen did squeeze him against the wall.

I don't think you could be overly critical of either letting it go or giving a 5 sec penalty for it.

One thing F1 has actually got right is the 5 second penalties though. They're a brilliant addition.

Let them race, this constant debate over penalty or not is a bloody joke.
In every sport fans want to know what is within the rules, and what is against the rules. Alonso gets penalised, Ricciardo doesn't and all that happens is that fans become more confused about the rules.

The question is bigger than just this incident, but this one highlights the issue perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

Formula 1 is an open wheeler category and contact between cars is usually frowned upon.

In every sport fans want to know what is within the rules, and what is against the rules. Alonso gets penalised, Ricciardo doesn't and all that happens is that fans become more confused about the rules.

The question is bigger than just this incident, but this one highlights the issue perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

Formula 1 is an open wheeler category and contact between cars is usually frowned upon.
I certainly thought 'Alonso will cop a penalty' as soon as that incident happened. Hulk was giving him plenty of space but he just lost the rear and put Hulk into the wall. Pretty clear cut to me (and sad, I like NH). Ricciardo was a bit forceful but wasn't given any room. I think that's probably fair enough to let go.

I didn't think they were massively inconsistent, although had Ricciardo gotten a penalty I'd probably say fair enough too. It was right at the edge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else lose it when Kimi was on the radio after RIC bumped him, going off his nut about it but then to finish off with "Its just not....very nice"

ahahahaha

The FIA should release a highlights CD at the end of each year of Kimi's complaining over the radio over that season.
Some of it is just so funny.Earlier he was going off over backmarkers.

The FIA should release a highlights CD at the end of each year of Kimi's complaining over the radio over that season.
Some of it is just so funny.Earlier he was going off over backmarkers.

I wonder if Rosberg will pull a Schumacher and give Lewis back a win later in the year.
Rosberg had no control over Hamilton's woes, and wasn't in a position to do it during the race, so I'd say absolutely no chance.

Verstappen impact is an incredible example of the improvements made in safety technology made over the last 20 years when comparing it to Mika Hakkinen in Adelaide 1995. Hakkinen almost died that day, compared to Max walking away only suffering soreness.

Verstappen impact is an incredible example of the improvements made in safety technology made over the last 20 years when comparing it to Mika Hakkinen in Adelaide 1995. Hakkinen almost died that day, compared to Max walking away only suffering soreness.

Was Mika not going somewhat faster though?

Was Mika not going somewhat faster though?

Possibly, he was doing 285kh/h when he hit Grosjean, would of taken off some speed sliding towards the barrier but not sure what his impact speed was, nor do I know how fast Hakkenin hit the barrier. All I know is I'd much rather hit the wall with a HANS device and a tecpro barrier rather than the tyre wall in Adelaide without something stopping my head smashing into the steering wheel.

The kids foot is in the hole the Toro Rosso made.
image.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back