2015 NASCAR Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The #44 to be driven by Travis Kvapil in this weekends SC race at Atlanta has had to withdraw for one of the more unusual reasons - the car got stolen o_O

The transporter was parked outside a hotel overnight and got stolen.

They need a guard dog

Jimmie Johnson won the Folds of Honour QuikTrip 500. Kevin Harvick was second, Dale Earnhardt Jnr finished third, Joey Logano was fourth with Matt Kenseth rounding out the top five.

Overall it's Logano in front from Johnson, Harvick and Earnhardt Jnr with Martin Truex Jnr in fifth place.

The next race is the Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Sunday (Monday morning Australian time).

Jeff has real bad luck when I comes to hitting walls without SAFER barriers. Las Vegas 2008 (I think), Richmond 2011 and now Atlanta 2015

Jeff has real bad luck when I comes to hitting walls without SAFER barriers. Las Vegas 2008 (I think), Richmond 2011 and now Atlanta 2015

I remember the Vegas one, not the Richmond one though. Pretty sure he had a big hit at The Glen a few years ago too.

Doesn't look as severe but would hurt like a bitch. I watched an interview with driver a while back who said those side on hits to concrete felt like a full body slap, and you would be stinging all over.

Kevin Harvick won the Kobalt 400, Martin Truex Jr was second, Ryan Newman finish third while Dale Earnhardt Jnr and Denny Hamlin rounded out the top five respectively. Only one car retired which was the car driven by Alex Bowman.

Overall Harvick leads from Earndardt Jnr, Joey Logano is in third place with Truex Jr and AJ Allmendinger in fourth and fifth position.

The next race is the campingworld.com 500 at Pheonix International Raceway on Sunday (Monday morning Australian time).

Kavin Harvick won again, making it two in a row as he took out the campingworld.com 500. Jamie McMurray finished second, Ryan Newman third, Kasey Kahne was fourth with Kurt Busch racing in his first event for the year to round out the top five in fifth place.

Overall Harvick leads from Joey Logano, Martin Truex Jnr sits third, Kasey Kahne has moved into fourth place while AJ remains fifth.

The next race is the Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California on Sunday (Monday morning Australian time).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some very lucky pit crew members in todays Xfinity race at Richmond.Brendan Gaughan pitted and as his car was being refueled it went up in a fireball

Gaughan's rear tyre changer and fuel man,who you see catch fire,got burn't but not badly as did a crew member from Eric McLure's car,who was the pit bay behind them.

Same thing happened to Winterbottom at Bathurst a few years ago when been refuelled.

Jack Daniels crew member got burnt

Nasty crash in the ARCA race at Talladega.

Brad Smith,the guy collected by the spinning car,ended up with a fractured ankle.
It seems his throttle stuck.

There was a big pile-up in this mornings Xfinity race at Talladega.If you watch Brendan Gaughans black and yellow car you'll see it crashes into the pitlane wall.Something came flying off it and has injured two of Aric Almirola's [ironically he probably caused the whole thing] pit crew who were behind the wall.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back