2015 NASCAR Thread

Gotta be smarter than that Matt lol

God i hope Jeff the silver Fox goes out a winner.

Never been a big Gordon fan, but geez wouldn't that just be the ultimate fairy tale finish.

No pressure for Chase next year though hey......... :eek:

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Anyone want to buy a Nascar hauler and two race cars ?
They come rather burn't though

CTE30vDWIAA11oU.jpg

The hauler taking Michael Annetts car to Texas caught fire - hauler and cars are kaput.
Another hauler with back up cars is on it's way.

Sep 22, 2000
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
A driver named Rico Abreu did his first Truck race today.He's a bit different to the other drivers - he's a dwarf.
Unfortunate bit of commentary,but amusing, from Phil Parsons when he was involved in a car just before the halfway mark that put him out
" His first race,unfortunately a short one"

Just looked him up,he won the 2014 USAC Midget car championship :$

A driver named Rico Abreu did his first Truck race today.He's a bit different to the other drivers - he's a dwarf.
Unfortunate bit of commentary,but amusing, from Phil Parsons when he was involved in a car just before the halfway mark that put him out
" His first race,unfortunately a short one"

Just looked him up,he won the 2014 USAC Midget car championship :$

Great little driver.

Building himself quite the career already.

RPM have confirmed they're boning Crash Hornish Jr after just one year.
I wonder who'll get the ride - Ragan ? R.Smith ?
Ambrose?!

Race in the desert gets rain shortened. If Harvick wins next week I'll be sick, especially after what he did at Talladega.

Carn Jeff

I'd also like to see Gordon win, would be a good way for him to go out. It's a shame he's going as he clearly still has what it takes to be the best at this level.

Oct 1, 2011
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Celtics, Team Vodafone
Do you mean whatever bought out the caution with 11 laps to go ?

Yeah. NASCAR said that it was a bit of metal on the bottom of the track. I haven't seen the race, but from what I've read, a couple people have said that they showed it in the coverage (It was right on the apron) and the majority of people have said all they saw was a water bottle on the infield.

Sep 22, 2000
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Yeah. NASCAR said that it was a bit of metal on the bottom of the track. I haven't seen the race, but from what I've read, a couple people have said that they showed it in the coverage (It was right on the apron) and the majority of people have said all they saw was a water bottle on the infield.
It was a water bottle and when shown on TV it was on the yellow paint on the front straight,out of the racing area.
Rick Allen said the flag man thru out the flag as it was near the top of the track but had got blown down by the cars.
So was it thrown onto the track to bring out the yellow by a Gordon fan ?
Dale Jr fans have been known to do this over the years.

Sue Ridgepipe

Debutant
Nov 9, 2015
Commode Abode
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Bull F1, EPL Spurs, NBA Spurs
Kyle winning a championship leaves a bad taste in my mouth that won't go away... like the residue of a s**t sandwich.

Oct 1, 2011
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Celtics, Team Vodafone
It was a water bottle and when shown on TV it was on the yellow paint on the front straight,out of the racing area.
Rick Allen said the flag man thru out the flag as it was near the top of the track but had got blown down by the cars.
So was it thrown onto the track to bring out the yellow by a Gordon fan ?
Dale Jr fans have been known to do this over the years.

Did Keselowski start on the bottom on the last restart because he wanted to give the Championship contenders a clear run or because NASCAR wanted the contenders to have a clear run?

Back