Resource 2015 NMFC Home Crowds Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowd could and should have been at least 30K, I understand people who can't make it or have prior commitments but we have 37K members so where is everyone? Saturday night against a four finisher from last year, what more do people want?

We really need to know what the hell that "8000" members thing on the big screen was about.

The crowd was embarrassing. There was about 2000 Port fans there as well. Weak and bizarre by our fans.

We really need to know what the hell that "8000" members thing on the big screen was about.

The crowd was embarrassing. There was about 2000 Port fans there as well. Weak and bizarre by our fans.
I'm with you mate! It makes you wonder what the club has to do??? The AFL could rightly tell North to piss off with their Good Friday push.

Terrible result considering how good our finals crowds were.

At least their paid up members though. Need a few wins, they'll turn up.

Terrible result considering how good our finals crowds were.

At least their paid up members though. Need a few wins, they'll turn up.
This is not directed at you but.... That is pathetic!!! Do our paid up members honestly stay at home in April unless we are winning??? It is a huge indictment on our fanbase!

I'll admit I didn't show up because I simply couldn't be bothered. It was cold.

It wasn't that cold last night, how can the team be expected to turn up and play for its fans if its members can't be bothered turning up in April when it's a bit cold?

Etihad would be so good if they closed level 3 for lower drawing games - maybe once the afl owns it

That's one of the great things about Etihad. It's still quite comfortable with the roof closed (even when it's cold outside). I took my jumper off as soon as I got inside the gates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowd could and should have been at least 30K, I understand people who can't make it or have prior commitments but we have 37K members so where is everyone? Saturday night against a four finisher from last year, what more do people want?

Agreed, i expected low 20s the previous week against Brisbane at the dreaded Sunday twilight slot. But prime time Saturday night while we have a good team Vs a top 4 team? i was expecting 30k.

Given we often see the low 20s V interstate teams having 37k members shows we have people with enough passion to pay up, but why, why wont they turn up? For such a big game only 1/4 of the members turning up is mind boggling. I'd understand if we're at the MCG getting wind, rain, less atmosphere for smaller/med crowds, if we were s**t and a scrappy game in the wet - but we're at the docklands. If we cant get people to game like Saturday night i worry for our future.

Club doesn't get any extra $$$$$$$$$$$'s for members turning up or not, whereas, casuals/theatregoers may contribute to the gate, storm in a teacup
Actually we do!!! Anything less than 30k and we are writing a cheque!!! If just over half of our members showed up we wouldn't be writing a Chq today!

I'll admit I didn't show up because I simply couldn't be bothered. It was cold.

The rain post game was going to make the roads bad for country people.

FWIW when you City people are home tucked up in bed, country fans are still driving.

A night game often means a 1.30 am get into bed.

I do it because I love this club...but on a wet drive home like last night the choice was the Tv.

That's why we need that 3rd boutique stadium like Princess Park used to provide for teams like us, Demons, Bulldogs, Saints.

25,000 comfortably for the games v interstate sides. Great viewing & atmosphere created.

Was great in the '90's for us.

The rain post game was going to make the roads bad for country people.

FWIW when you City people are home tucked up in bed, country fans are still driving.

A night game often means a 1.30 am get into bed.

I do it because I love this club...but on a wet drive home like last night the choice was the Tv.
Pretty sure every club has country members.... I don't buy that the wet roads at night means that you get home later... I grew up 3 hours from Melb and we never missed a game!!! If we see a breakdown of membership postcodes and it leans towards country members that different, however I think there is more to it.

That's why we need that 3rd boutique stadium like Princess Park used to provide for teams like us, Demons, Bulldogs, Saints.

25,000 comfortably for the games v interstate sides. Great viewing & atmosphere created.

Was great in the '90's for us.
I actually forgot that we used Princess Park in the 90's

Pretty sure every club has country members.... I don't buy that the wet roads at night means that you get home later... I grew up 3 hours from Melb and we never missed a game!!! If we see a breakdown of membership postcodes and it leans towards country members that different, however I think there is more to it.

Drove by yourself did you?

If you think wet roads means getting home later you are mistaken. ...I am talking about having an accident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back