Resource 2015 NMFC Home Crowds Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't asking you specifically, it just amuses me how there seems to be a stigma attached to leave games early.

I'm happy for everyone to do what they please, but I've never left a game early. My old man brought me up never wanting to potentially miss goal/mark of the year/decade/century just to get a seat on the train.

It always amuses me to read these arguments about a new stadium and whether they should be 20k, 30k, 40k etc. Financially speaking, supply and demand is the key - we are best off if we force people to buy reserved seats rather than allow them to walk up and get themselves a general admission ticket.

For those unfamiliar with E-Gate, this is the area:

942177-e-gate-map.jpg

.....and this was one of the proposed stadium ideas:

Ajph8QA.jpg

I swear I saw bottom pic on last Star Wars Trailer.

I honestly struggle to comprehend this, especially from the clubs now housed mainly at the MCG.

Would these be the same people who bitch and moan about ground rationalisation and the loss of the old suburban ground cultures even though most of those grounds were a mix of some or all of s**t facilities, standing room and no cover?

I LIVED on public transport to the old footy grounds, especially trekking in and out of the city to VFL Park.

Yet these tossers stick their noses in the air and won't travel 3km further to a ground that shits all over any old suburban ground for spectator comfort and cover, good surface and not really a bad seat in the house.
There's a lot of Hawks members who see Etihad as the reason that Waverley shut. For those in the south eastern suburbs the drive to and then trying to park at Etihad is sub optimal.

Does work for me though (live in northern suburbs).

There's a lot of Hawks members who see Etihad as the reason that Waverley shut. For those in the south eastern suburbs the drive to and then trying to park at Etihad is sub optimal.

Does work for me though (live in northern suburbs).
South eastern suburbs is well serviced by public transport which drops you right at the stadium. Boo ******* hoo if the people don't want to drive. Plenty of places to park that are cheaper and within a stones throw of the stadium as well. To say the stadium is why you won't go to see your team play is a weak excuse.

South eastern suburbs is well serviced by public transport which drops you right at the stadium. Boo ******* hoo if the people don't want to drive. Plenty of places to park that are cheaper and within a stones throw of the stadium as well. To say the stadium is why you won't go to see your team play is a weak excuse.

Specifically saying though there is still active hostility amongst part of the Hawks supporter base towards Etihad. As in "don't want to ever go there/ get really angry when we have our 1 home game a year there". Equally, whilst intellectually I understand what they are say, it totally doesn't apply to me (find Etihad much more convenient than Waverley and to be honest probably more so than MCG in terms of parking)

Maybe so, but the AFL f****d us south/eastern suburbs folks over big time by pissing Waverley off, and replacing it with a stadium that you have to go right through the city all the way to the other side to get to.

C***s.

Maybe so, but the AFL f****d us south/eastern suburbs folks over big time by pissing Waverley off, and replacing it with a stadium that you have to go right through the city all the way to the other side to get to.

C***s.

Haha I used to (early days BF) bang on endlessly about this. I grew up in Mulgrave used to walk to VFL park and as NMFC played a lot their we had a good following locally. I never had the problems or found the ground hard to get to like so many others apparently did.

s**t I used to fish the bloody lake , borrow the turf from the greenhouse left over from WSC, *en parents weren't happy with my work in the front yard I can tell ya. But s**t we had a green top.lol

Most of the North supporting peeps I'd go with ( VFL Park ) stopped going regularly to the footy.

Yeah we did get ****ed over, I now live in the Dandy Ranges and drive straight passed the old girl on my trek to Edihad and I still shake my head. The worst decision the AFL ever made IMO.

Specifically saying though there is still active hostility amongst part of the Hawks supporter base towards Etihad. As in "don't want to ever go there/ get really angry when we have our 1 home game a year there". Equally, whilst intellectually I understand what they are say, it totally doesn't apply to me (find Etihad much more convenient than Waverley and to be honest probably more so than MCG in terms of parking)

Cutting off one's nose to spite their face, especially with the current team.

I stayed until the final siren. Shocked that some supporters left when we were still a 'chance' to win it.

Hahaha, seriously? We were down by six goals at three-quarter time. There was zero chance we win that game. We controlled the game in the second quarter and kicked one goal during our period of dominance. Can't believe how many informed supporters (enough that they post on BF) have bought into Channel 7 and BT's hype that the modern game is never over until it's over. For every Brisbane vs. Geelong and North vs. Adelaide there's over one hundred boring, mundane, watch-out-the-clock-and-get-ready-for-next-week-efforts.

I felt like leaving at half-time such was the way we played. I stuck it out until four minutes to go in the fourth but I can't tell you why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 16,131 turned out to watch the NMFC vs Richmond on the Map. This has to be the worst attendance between these 2 sides for some 69 years. :stern look

I was assured that the capacity was 20k and that it sure was better to play the tiggers there to build faith and not Port.

I'm thinking you're right about hidden genders, and I know you gots the nous about these things.

Im from WA and went to my first home game v geelong last year with my dad whos a 40 year supporter. Fair to say i was appalled by the lack of support from our 15 odd thousand supporters that bothered to turn up. Only a handful of us were actually cheering the team on and "supporting" even when we were losing so i had a dig at a few of them and asked where their passion was. We as supporters need to put the pressure on each other to make ourselves heard by our beloved team

So 16,131 turned out to watch the NMFC vs Richmond on the Map. This has to be the worst attendance between these 2 sides for some 69 years. :stern look

Near 20 thousand tickets sold which was a great result.

Exactly as I predicted to be very close to capacity.

Read in the paper sunday morning 1k people bought tickets and didn't show up and carl said another 1k prepaid season ticket holders didn't turn up and
that make it just over 18k in my books not 20k. Regardsless theres no way another 4 thousand would get into the ground. The stadium was nearly packed to capacity with a couple seats here and there. Some folk may have given up as the trip to the ground after a car breakdown was herendess. Seriously poorly organised transport this time. Waited 1.5 hours to get on the bus back to city. Just as well it was after a win or there could have been a riot.

Only 16k there though.

By the rationale of selling tickets it doesn't matter what the actual attendence is, therefore you could add all our game day memeberships to every home game at Etihad. Relating that back to the op, instead of 22k with 8k members the actual figure we should be quoting is somewhere in the vacinity of 49k because you know the tickets were sold.

Back in reality quoting ticket sales is some pretty spin.

Only 16k there though.

By the rationale of selling tickets it doesn't matter what the actual attendence is, therefore you could add all our game day memeberships to every home game at Etihad. Relating that back to the op, instead of 22k with 8k members the actual figure we should be quoting is somewhere in the vacinity of 49k because you know the tickets were sold.

Back in reality quoting ticket sales is some pretty spin.

Ticket sales is more important to our bottom line than how many turn up.

Many couldn't get tickets in the stand due to sold out so it was an excellent result, there was fantastic interest locally so it's no wonder Carl Dilena was wrapped with the outcome.

Read in the paper sunday morning 1k people bought tickets and didn't show up and carl said another 1k prepaid season ticket holders didn't turn up and
that make it just over 18k in my books not 20k. Regardsless theres no way another 4 thousand would get into the ground. The stadium was nearly packed to capacity with a couple seats here and there. Some folk may have given up as the trip to the ground after a car breakdown was herendess. Seriously poorly organised transport this time. Waited 1.5 hours to get on the bus back to city. Just as well it was after a win or there could have been a riot.

Yeah ok maybe 18 is the better number then, and I agree not a chance another 4K could have fit in so I'm not sure the capacity number is correct.

Considering the financial reasons for playing in Hobart, and being Sat arvo which is a very difficult spot for many families etc, it was an excellent showing.

Heard about the disaster getting there, and public transport is poor here at best of times, no good regarding the wait admittedly...

Ticket sales is more important to our bottom line than how many turn up.

But not rationale that is transferable when considering Etihad.

you are saying the crowd was 18k

you said previously that the crowd would be 20k

The AFL have this
Official crowd: 16,131 at Blundstone Arena

But of course that must be wrong, however the 8k that was put up on the screen at the Port game was etched in stone.

16k to the tiggers game, Probably would have drawn about the same vs Port.

We should have played Richomnd in Melbourne.

Yeah ok maybe 18 is the better number then, and I agree not a chance another 4K could have fit in so I'm not sure the capacity number is correct.

Considering the financial reasons for playing in Hobart, and being Sat arvo which is a very difficult spot for many families etc, it was an excellent showing.

Heard about the disaster getting there, and public transport is poor here at best of times, no good regarding the wait admittedly...

Actually wasn't trying to have a go at hobart saintly31. Been to all but 1 game now and every other weekend has been awesome crowd and transport wise.
May the 16k was after the evacuation of some of the Corporates from the Free Bbq area. :D

I never said the Port game was correct figure. It said it was poor figure and maintain that for a Sat night fixture against a top 4 team in Melb.

18K is close to 20K and whilst a few more could have squeezed in, was a fantastic result for the club and I'm sure generated more memberships and North adopters, plus giving more confidence in the secondary market being sustainable.

Unless you consider Carl Dilena incompetent, I fail to see any sound reasoning on why you think it was such a poor decision and outcome when the CEO and President are saying exactly the opposite and it's plain to see why that is the case.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back