Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
With the new year fast approaching and only hours away I thought it appropriate to begin a new thread. I'm looking forward to a new season (that can't come quick enough:p) where hopefully we'll feature prominently in and for as long as possible.

And following in the same vein here is an article from our Messiah people might find interesting:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-27/blight-smashes-window

Maybe his theory might apply to us instead.:D

(Continued in Part 2: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2015-non-crows-afl-discussion-part-2.1181713/)

Ok bit of news for the new year.

Jackson Trengove in for shoulder surgery on Thursday. Hopes to be back for round 1.

Ok bit of news for the new year.

Jackson Trengove in for shoulder surgery on Thursday. Hopes to be back for round 1.

I hate to say it to Port, but a player having an injury during preseason time when he needs to building his strength and speed is only going to set back his season.

Look at the players that got injured during the preseason, they never really took off in 2014.

Memory is bad, can some in here remind me of the horrors of 2014 preseason, Douglas bag tear, Lynch got injured as well during preseason unless I am telling stories, I think JJ was out as well and missed a lot of preseason, also Brad Crouch as well?

I hate to say it to Port, but a player having an injury during preseason time when he needs to building his strength and speed is only going to set back his season.

Look at the players that got injured during the preseason, they never really took off in 2014.

Memory is bad, can some in here remind me of the horrors of 2014 preseason, Douglas bag tear, Lynch got injured as well during preseason unless I am telling stories, I think JJ was out as well and missed a lot of preseason, also Brad Crouch as well?
Hard to say. Trengove historically comes back quickly and in good shape from injury and tends to pick up the pace of the game like he hasn't missed games. Sucks though, he's a big piece of the puzzle and we will miss him but I'll back him in for round one.

Hard to say. Trengove historically comes back quickly and in good shape from injury and tends to pick up the pace of the game like he hasn't missed games. Sucks though, he's a big piece of the puzzle and we will miss him but I'll back him in for round one.

I think fortunately for your team R1 is not till March so there is still plenty of time, but even then I cant see Port rushing him in to play against a team away. The season is long and importantly you need your best players playing the last 6 or so weeks before finals.

Today I got up and read about this young lady on the Advertiser. Yes curiosity did kill me, I couldnt help myself.

Amazing how far The Advertiser has dropped its standards of journalism. Anyways the letter you are looking for is not F or G its a Z.

BEYdUbyCAAAN0vY.jpg:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today I got up and read about this young lady on the Advertiser. Yes curiosity did kill me, I couldnt help myself.

Amazing how far The Advertiser has dropped its standards of journalism. Anyways the letter you are looking for is not F or G its a Z.

"You've got the the A, the B, the C... And you've got the D. D's the biggest" Frank Castanza

The Advertiser is just trying to cater to whatever floats people's boats...

So I see this on my Facebook timeline today. If legit can explain the ferals increased crowd numbers. If not legit I find it amusing!

10891569_846285885413730_7831436337268205932_n.jpg

Wouldnt mind us adopting a similar strategy for some games, like Easter Sunday - GWS or against weaker less followed teams like the Dogs or Saints.

Don't forget motlop is also out of contract at the cats too...

If danger does decide to go to the cats, I expect a few of their 30+ players Will need to retire to fit him in along with New deals for Hawkins & motlop.
Didn't want to intrude the crows only thread but Enright, Hmac and Kelly would satisfy what we seem to be speculating would be $1-1.2m.

Didn't want to intrude the crows only thread but Enright, Hmac and Kelly would satisfy what we seem to be speculating would be $1-1.2m.
Less $200k vets allowances paid to enright & Kelly outside the cap.

Less $200k paid to other 2 replacement players

Less Hawkins & motlop pay increases.

May need a few more retirees ;)

No doubt cats could find the cap space, but no doubt crows have the ability to match.

Less $200k vets allowances paid to enright & Kelly outside the cap.

Less $200k paid to other 2 replacement players

Less Hawkins & motlop pay increases.

May need a few more retirees ;)

No doubt cats could find the cap space, but no doubt crows have the ability to match.

The speculation is that all 3 of those were on between 350-450 inside the cap. So that's where that roughly 1m comes from.

Hawkins won't require too much to resign. He's extremely loyal and has been best mates with Selwood since they both arrived at the club. 700-750k should be enough, already on 350-450k now

We did already get Varcoe's substantial wages off the books as well as Bundy. Stanley won't be on a lot and Clark is on a heavily performance based contract, he does nothing for us, he costs us not much.

So right now we already have spare cap space + the 1-1.2m we'll add at the end of the year.

I also think we'll make a play for either Jack Steven or Scott Selwood (who'll both be cheaper) if the likelihood of Danger coming appears slim as FA period approaches.

The speculation is that all 3 of those were on between 350-450 inside the cap. So that's where that roughly 1m comes from.

Hawkins won't require too much to resign. He's extremely loyal and has been best mates with Selwood since they both arrived at the club. 700-750k should be enough, already on 350-450k now

We did already get Varcoe's substantial wages off the books as well as Bundy. Stanley won't be on a lot and Clark is on a heavily performance based contract, he does nothing for us, he costs us not much.

So right now we already have spare cap space + the 1-1.2m we'll add at the end of the year.

I also think we'll make a play for either Jack Steven or Scott Selwood (who'll both be cheaper) if the likelihood of Danger coming appears slim as FA period approaches.
Yeah??

Well I could buy the whole of ****ing Geelong….Geelong the town! What will you do then when I kick your smelly team right out Geelong…(the town)?

Hey? hey? What'll you do then?

Well… really... maybe I could buy a block of land there and vote your vice-Mayor out of office unless he stops ****ing with PD's head.

I hope one of those doesn't pop or she'll shoot around the room like a balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back