2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

can't wait for the see through planes
df6482a6123508c0492b3066f964604d.jpg

Whenever they ask you if you're comfortable sitting in an exit row, always say no.

The 5-year-old in me loves flying and looking out aeroplane windows.

As much as I love looking out windows, the extra leg room means I will always snag an exit row if I can. Flying when you're over 6 foot tall is not fun.

I still say that ocean liners should be reintroduced for overseas journeys. I'd like to be able to pay around about the same price as an air fare, sail to Europe in a week and sail back. No jetlag, and a real bed.

If you want to get to Europe by boat in a week you'll need to fly to western Africa first.

If you want to get to Europe by boat in a week you'll need to fly to western Africa first.
With slower ships, it would indeed take more than a week between Europe and Australia, even using the Suez Canal. However, the last speed record holder ocean liner for the transatlantic route did it in 3 and a half days. I'm sure with modern technology you could get a diesel ship to go from Melbourne to Venice in eight days or so. But in the end it's all about demand: the ocean liner trade died off in the 60s when people voted with their feet and started flying instead. The Queen Mary 2 is the only ocean liner (as opposed to cruise ship) still in service.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's over 16,000km from Melbourne to Venice as the crow flies. It's only 5500 from Southampton to NYC, which is the traditional transatlantic route. So even at the speed record holder pace, you are looking at 10+ days (which correlates with the QM2's maximum speed of around 60km/hr).

Ha Ha "The deal will mean that "Heartless" will remain at the club for another six years". Sure does sound like that to me. Good on him for re-signing unlike someone else we know!

Shows Hartlett truly loves Port.

Personally think it us a good story given the crap he went through with his body early in his career.

Obviously taking less coin for more security and free up cap room for Dixon. You have to respect a player who is that team oriented.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Must be heartbreaking for Bombers supporters to watch Ryder and Carlisle walk out the door. Pre the drug saga I thought they were buildng a premiership threatening list but not anymore.

Bosley you're alive!!

Just barely. When u buy a burger from a Filipino McDonald's and the beef is a fluorescent pink colour .... do NOT continue eating said burger.

I am typing this from the laptop in the CR ....... 3 days without wifi until now. Those damn storms. So unexpected they are as they are a daily occurrence.

Just barely. When u buy a burger from a Filipino McDonald's and the beef is a fluorescent pink colour .... do NOT continue eating said burger.

I am typing this from the laptop in the CR ....... 3 days without wifi until now. Those damn storms. So unexpected they are as they are a daily occurrence.

Oh the humanity! I pray u have been still able to complete your A-league fantasy team!

As much as I love looking out windows, the extra leg room means I will always snag an exit row if I can. Flying when you're over 6 foot tall is not fun.
Or super broad. Point to point my shoulders are a good 50% wider than my partners. I dont care if we're flying in over vegas at night, give me an aisle seat.

Shows Hartlett truly loves Port.

Personally think it us a good story given the crap he went through with his body early in his career.

Obviously taking less coin for more security and free up cap room for Dixon. You have to respect a player who is that team oriented.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Drawing some long bows based on absolutely nothing there Geoffrey

Whenever they ask you if you're comfortable sitting in an exit row, always say no.

are you kidding? Exit row seats are preverbial gold - They are the difference between absolute drudgery and something you can deal with. To be able to stretch your legs out and not have them knock against the seat infront of you is the epitome of luxury.

The angriest I've ever been (well, not really.. but I was annoyed) was a time when I actually had an exit row seat (so was happy in that sense) but the woman next to me was so small that she was sitting up on her seat cross legged! SHE DIDN'T EVEN NEED AN EXIT ROW - THERE'D BE OTHER 6 FOOT PLUS PEOPLE ON THIS PLANE WHO COULD USE THAT SEAT IF YOU'RE JUST GONNA SIT UP CROSS LEGGED LIKE A BLOODY 8 YEAR OLD!!!

I hear ya

are you kidding? Exit row seats are preverbial gold - They are the difference between absolute drudgery and something you can deal with. To be able to stretch your legs out and not have them knock against the seat infront of you is the epitome of luxury.

The angriest I've ever been (well, not really.. but I was annoyed) was a time when I actually had an exit row seat (so was happy in that sense) but the woman next to me was so small that she was sitting up on her seat cross legged! SHE DIDN'T EVEN NEED AN EXIT ROW - THERE'D BE OTHER 6 FOOT PLUS PEOPLE ON THIS PLANE WHO COULD USE THAT SEAT IF YOU'RE JUST GONNA SIT UP CROSS LEGGED LIKE A BLOODY 8 YEAR OLD!!!

I hear ya

What's with females and putting their feet up?

I'm not that tall, so my legs are usually fine. I do, however, find the legroom at the Great Southern Stand of the MCG disappointing - would be terrible for blokes over 6 foot. Adelaide Oval's legroom is adequate, and I bet the new Perth Stadium will be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back