2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story I read is he's left noosa early (and teammates) to go home for Xmas.

"Journos" would have no clue if that's club sanctioned, as you suggest they could do.

Right now, I'm just sympathising with him and would give him Christmas leave early.

It has been reported cam McCarthy has walked out in gws. I'd true, what a joke. Shouldn't be paid & fined for breaking a contract. Why did he sign a new long-term contract?
Realistically though what were freo going to offer up for him? A couple of measley draft picks which gws already had..? If freo had come to the table with a suitable trade gws wouldve made the deal happen.
It had to be one of their top 10 players and a late first/early second rd pick. He had 2 years remaining on hos contract. In all of this his manager is really the one to blame. He shouldve been in his ear saying 'hold out we could get some big $$$offers if you wait.'.

Realistically though what were freo going to offer up for him? A couple of measley draft picks which gws already had..? If freo had come to the table with a suitable trade gws wouldve made the deal happen.
It had to be one of their top 10 players and a late first/early second rd pick. He had 2 years remaining on hos contract. In all of this his manager is really the one to blame. He shouldve been in his ear saying 'hold out we could get some big $$$offers if you wait.'.
Carlton had a good offer on the table...

Me! Nah, but just want to respond to the bit in bold ... Actually, he doesnt come from Melbourne! Not unless Echuca has become a suburb recently. He hasnt lived there, and besides the Vardy's has no connection with, or pull to go back there. He will re-sign. Its just a matter of when, and the $ value.
I wouldn't be surprised if he does stay this time around, I think the next contract will be the loyalty test.

Now that Whinegard has signed on, his ego will be that inflated he may spontaneously combust.

Their arrogance is nauseating. Their supporters are carrying on now like they are the equivalent of Hawthorn.

Why is it they have to keep telling people about 1870? Yeah we get it and I don’t care.

What is most amusing is how they are annoyed that they need Eddie’s permission to wear the prison bars. The fact is Port stole the Magpie mascot and colours from Collingwood.

Collingwood were formed in 1892. In 1902, Port Adelaide took the field in black and white guernseys for the first time after it was having trouble finding dyes that would last for its blue and magenta guernseys.

Port’s original guernsey:
upload_2015-12-17_12-37-37.png

Maybe the filth should wear this jumper in 'heritage round.' :rolleyes:

View attachment 201604

Mate, that photo is in color, there's no way that was Port's original guernsey.

The original one would have been painted on a rock in 1834 BC

Now that Whinegard has signed on, his ego will be that inflated he may spontaneously combust.

Their arrogance is nauseating. Their supporters are carrying on now like they are the equivalent of Hawthorn.

Why is it they have to keep telling people about 1870? Yeah we get it and I don’t care.

What is most amusing is how they are annoyed that they need Eddie’s permission to wear the prison bars. The fact is Port stole the Magpie mascot and colours from Collingwood.

Collingwood were formed in 1892. In 1902, Port Adelaide took the field in black and white guernseys for the first time after it was having trouble finding dyes that would last for its blue and magenta guernseys.

View attachment 201604

I think they did once

edit

PortAdelaideHeritage2004.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We sign Menzel, they sign Wingard. Always copying us...

It was funny on 5AA when Rowey compared Menzel to Wingard in his style of play and the Port supporters phoned in furious at the comparison. They do have some similarities, but as usual sensitive Port supporters interpreted it as Rowey implying Menzel was the superior player.

View attachment 201604

Collingwood wear the old South Australian Colony side jumper from 1880s onward till we adopted the now current state colours. They originally wanted blue white and red but another Vic side "the Britannias" were in VFA with those colours. They saw our jumper when we played an inter colony match and used it for the new club.

There is an SA Colony jumper in the National Sporting Museum at the G.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Collingwood wear the old South Australian Colony side jumper from 1880s onward till we adopted the now current state colours. They originally wanted blue white and red but another Vic side "the Britannias" were in VFA with those colours. They saw our jumper when we played an inter colony match and used it for the new club.

There is an SA Colony jumper in the National Sporting Museum at the G.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

As explained here:

http://www.collingwoodmagpies.net/emblem/emblem.html

Good work Geoffa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back