Keeper Lg. 2015 Off Season List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to sort this out? I drop McGovern and Jordie_tackles picks him from waivers? This would mean I will need to use another FA pick to re-select Crozier - can my FA selections be re-set to 5?
Yes, your selections will be reset.

Yes, you should have McGovern. In past seasons, I based the RFA order after the draft on the previous season's ladder positions. Unfortunately, because of limited internet access and other issues, I never got around to it. My apologies.
Thanks unknown caller, and sorry for being a pain. Especially to tenderwarrior

On another matter, Nathan Van Berlo is in the trade table, as he is a bit old for my title challenge, only 29 is expected to play games for Adelaide this year so is atleast a handy back up if you cop injuries down back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Alert: Cripps and Cole for Cutler and Paperone. Cole lasted all of 2 weeks.
I think Jordie_tackles has done extremely well there, but I understand that richcogs is desperate for backs.. I am a bit annoyed that I didn't approach Richcogs about a trade, Cripps would supplement my side very very nicely! Cutler and Paparone are promising players though in their own right..

I think Jordie_tackles has done extremely well there, but I understand that richcogs is desperate for backs.. I am a bit annoyed that I didn't approach Richcogs about a trade, Cripps would supplement my side very very nicely! Cutler and Paparone are promising players though in their own right..
Probably should not have given up Cole. But was happy to let Cripps go. I was very keen on Cutler. I actually like Paperone as well, have for a long time, gets marks and can find the ball. I am once again going for it this season and I don't like trading for old fogies like Maroons used to. This league is about list management. If I was going to let two young guys go I needed two to replace them and two with potential to be in my starting team this year. Paperone already is ahead of Webster and Culter could replace Fisher potentially.

Trade Alert: Cripps and Cole for Cutler and Paperone. Cole lasted all of 2 weeks.
I have had numerous enquiries over most of my backs over the last 12 months, and until now I haven't given any up. richcogs offered up Cripps from the get go and he is a good player now but can improve dramatically still. In saying this backs that are both young like cutler and Paparone don't grow on trees, and if I was closer to my window then maybe I couldn't afford to offload them. Anyway I think cutler and Paparone both have the ability to help richcogs now and that's why I wanted a player like cole back who in 2 years or so may offset the loss of two backs who are hard to come by.

Going on a mini rant here -

The Jaeger O'Meara situation has got me pissed right off at the moment. For those not aware he has hurt his knee again and will miss the start of the season.

I dont wish injury on anyone, let alone a kid that was being compared to Selwood and Judd in his first year, but my issue is what this does for his value to teams that might look to trade him in.

For the better part of 2015 there was talk that JOM would look to move to Melbourne (the city) at the end of his contract because he believes thw marketing deals he can get in Melbourne would be much bigger/better than those available in QLD where NRL is king and Ablett is the only AFL star of any note.

Now that is fine. Every player should be free to make that sort of move and secure themselves financially.

However, given his injury run he is now what I would term a "high risk/high reward" prospect in terms of trade. He is going to cost 2 first rounders I would think, in a similar deal to the Treloar/Collingwood move.

This is a risk that lower clubs (Carlton, Stk, Essendon and Melbourne) cant afford to take. If his knee doesnt hold then they blow a huge chunk of their rebuild.

On the flip side a team like Hawthorn could come in with a package, get his nomination, and walk off with one of the best young players in the comp on the back of 4 or 5 flags in this window.

If he flops well who cares? They have their flags so the risk is affordable. But for the rebuilding clubs it's too big a risk to take given the investment.

Then we have teams like North and Richmond. A fit JOM could take them to a flag but do they really want to gamble these long, planned, sustained builds on that kind of investment?

Someome is going to take the chance if he wants to leave and I dont begrudge anybody for it, I just hate that the system is going to force someone into taking such a massive risk and that whoever does will be ridiculed for it if the injury prone player with the bad knee doesnt work out...

/rant
I thought this worth bumping :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back