Mr Fonebone

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Ham
Well its that time of the year again. I believe the younger players start on 1 Nov 14.

Has anybody heard of any delisted players who will train with us?

It was this time last year that Luke Hodge rang every player that played in the Grand Final of 2013 and asked them, "I know we are allowed to have 8 weeks off as part of our EBA, but do we really need to have 8 weeks off? I'm choosing to only have 4 weeks off so that I can come back to training early and help our team go back to back with another premiership in 2014. Who wants to join me?"

The rest they say is history as the Hawks did not want a repeat of 2009.

I was surprised that our boys didn't have the same desire after coming 2nd in 2013.

Mrs Moto and I have been walking the local park for two weeks now. Already we've reduced our lap times by 3 minutes. Sylvia will be struggling to keep up by the time he gets his preseason underway.

It was this time last year that Luke Hodge rang every player that played in the Grand Final of 2013 and asked them, "I know we are allowed to have 8 weeks off as part of our EBA, but do we really need to have 8 weeks off? I'm choosing to only have 4 weeks off so that I can come back to training early and help our team go back to back with another premiership in 2014. Who wants to join me?"

The rest they say is history as the Hawks did not want a repeat of 2009.

I was surprised that our boys didn't have the same desire after coming 2nd in 2013.

Are you sure about that? The AFLPA have rules requiring set holidays for players. Melbourne are currently in trouble for having their players start Pre-Season early.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-29/dees-early-start-queried

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I heard Luke Hodge interviewed on 882 about it and he said that If they choose to go back voluntarily then there's nothing that can be done about it.
Like it is a choice.

As a club CEO I would be disappointed if these were organised. The AFL should step in and enforce the rules.

Thanks Moo.
Would be bad if the AFLTRA queried us why Fremantle Training Reporters are asked to turn up for training 2 weeks early :p

Salim rang me and said 'C'mon Moo do we really need all that time off?' ....he's quite the motivator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back