2015; Progress towards your final team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw, Lumumba, Newnes(maybe), Birchell, Smith, Hodge (??,??)
Fyfe, Pendles, JPK, Sloan, Danger?, Rocky, Selwood, Watson (??, ??, ??)
Goldy, NicNat (??)
Martin, Roughy, Gray, Ryder, Bennell, Goddard (Tarrant, ??)
Do you think Lumumba and Newnes will be top 6 defenders?
Or Ryder, Benell, Tarrant top 6 forwards?

Aim high :)

Do you think Lumumba and Newnes will be top 6 defenders?
Or Ryder, Benell, Tarrant top 6 forwards?

Aim high :)
Don't think Tarrant will be top 6 forwards but think he will be serviceable as F7 or 8 and do think Bennell will be in the top 6 forwards from here on in
yeah the other 2 need to change haha

SCTEAMPOT.png

I reckon at this stage I'm going to aim for the 'potential' side.

My defence needs a s**t tonne of work, Griffen and NN are likely season long keepers, but I'd be amped if I ended up with something like that.

Keep:
Rance
Mcdonald
Shaw
Hodge
Brown
Neale
Beams
Shuey
Swan
Pendlebury
Gray
Goldy
Ryder
Martin
Bont
McInnes

Maybe keep:
Lumumba
Cripps
Oxley
Saad
CEY
Naismith

Upgrading:
KMac
VDB
McKenzie
Tarrant
Lonie
Clark
Krakeour
Hogan

B: Shaw, Oxley, Saad, Gibson, Hibberd, McKenzie (McIntosh, Brown)
C: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Ward, Lewis, Watson, Swan, Gray, Cripps, (Krakouer, CEY, Heeney)
R: Mumford, Nic Nat (Cox)
F: Smith, Martin, Bont, Adams, Tarrant, Clark (Lonie, Lambert)

Probably going to keep one of Oxley/Saad as at least bench cover, the same with one of Tarrant/Clark.

Later in the year can look at luxury trades like upgrading Nic Nat. But that's not my priority right now.

S0 this is where I am at with $327,400 in bank team is $ 11,767,000 currently 2704th overall

I need a long term plan but Sloane is killing me, I was happy to wait for him to come good but 6 weeks might be too long

Back line is average, help me out here Gingy & co

edit: that was a shitful pic, so here

Shaw, Fisher, Simpson, Ibbotson, Saad, McKintosh, Brown, Goodes

Fyfe, Neale, Sloane, Jelwood, Cripps, Vburger, CEY, Miller, Gregson, Heeny, Krack

Goldy, TBC, Read

Smith, Martin, Swan, Gray, Bonts, Tarrant, Hogan, Clark.

Last edited:
S0 this is where I am at with $327,400 in bank team is Gingy

I need a long term plan but Sloane is killing me, I was happy to wait for him to come good but 6 weeks might be too long

scoach_zpszqycycgg.png

Where are you getting 6 weeks from?

Some reports are it is a fractured cheekbone, 4- 6 weeks minimum

Yeah I read about the cheekbone, not willing to accept 4-6 weeks until its official.

Will easily be the worse trade of the year, brought him in for 3 weeks of 67,69,76 before trading him out and loosing 100K.

Fantastic!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S0 this is where I am at with $327,400 in bank team is Gingy

scoach_zpszqycycgg.png

Your defence isn't bad. It's as good as most here, srs. D1-5 are fine, easier said than done trying to nail who to start at D6 out of McIntosh/Goodes/Brown from week to week, but other than that I'd leave the Def alone this week.

TBC as 2nd ruck is your biggest problem IMO, he will get destroyed by Goldy this week. Either upgrade him or switch him to F8 via Hogan > Ruck Premo if you want to keep TBC as ruck cover.

As for Sloane, if he is out for 6 weeks. Your best bet is Sloane > Pendles which would leave you 200k to turn TBC or Hogan > ANY ruckman except Steph. Mummy/Jacobs have both bottomed out and are good value ATM.

Hmm, it's a good exercise and a tricky one to do.

D Have: McDonald, Shaw, Smith, Burgoyne, Oxley, Saad (McIntosh, Goodes)
D Want: McDonald, Shaw, Smith, Burgoyne, Houli, Hodge (Oxley, Saad)

Other candidates are Taylor, Gibson, Birchall, so we'll see who ends up being affordable and having the form. Two upgrades to go, though, minimum. Right now I feel no pressure to touch the backline because everyone's is up and down, and Oxley, Saad and co are going as good as anyone.

C Have: Fyfe, Pendlebury, JPK, Selwood, Griffen, Cripps, VDB, Miller (Krakouer, CEY, Heeney)
C Want: GAJ, Fyfe, Pendlebury, JPK, Selwood, Priddis, Boak, Griffen (Krakouer, Cripps, McKenzie)

Assuming GAJ gets back to being GAJ, he's must-have. I'm OK with my team if Griffen is my worst midfielder. I like Priddis and Boak as slightly POD-y premiums. Other main targets here are Rockliff and Sloane whose injuries may make them too cheap to ignore. I'd like a D/M and F/M on the bench, even if they're crappy, for flexibility late in the season.

R Have: Goldstein, Nic Nat (Cox)
R Want: Goldstein, Martin (don't care)

Goldy has been a beast, so no worries there. Nic Nat is in a slow, steady, disappointing decline over the season to date. I hope he can have the occasional big game to pump things up. Martin or Mumford as second banana ruck would be a luxury trade late in the piece.

F Have: Swan, Bont, Martin, Bennell, Tarrant, Hogan (Lonie, Clark)
F Want: Gray, Swan, Bont, Martin, Bennell, Goddard (Mitchell, Clark)

Yes, I'm the one putz who doesn't have Robbie Gray, and yes, it's killing me. Have to get him at some stage, but it won't be this week. What I may well look at doing is jumping on TMitchell now and see if he can keep going. On present form, of course he's a forward keeper all year, but the SC gods are never that kind so I've pencilled him in as someone I'll get, but maybe end up having "in reserve". Mitch Clark would seem to be pretty reliable bench cover and there's tons of F/M premiums to mix'n'match with Krakouer or similar in the middle.

So I guess in summary that indicates there's at least 9 upgrades to occur, and 24 trades to do it in. The challenge to that looks to be finding viable downgrade options to free up cash. Interesting exercise though. I can see this future state, but have no idea how to get there.

Your defence isn't bad. It's as good as most here, srs. D1-5 are fine, easier said than done trying to nail who to start at D6 out of McIntosh/Goodes/Brown from week to week, but other than that I'd leave the Def alone this week.

TBC as 2nd ruck is your biggest problem IMO, he will get destroyed by Goldy this week. Either upgrade him or switch him to F8 via Hogan > Ruck Premo if you want to keep TBC as ruck cover.

As for Sloane, if he is out for 6 weeks. Your best bet is Sloane > Pendles which would leave you 200k to turn TBC or Hogan > ANY ruckman except Steph. Mummy/Jacobs have both bottomed out and are good value ATM.

I've had my eye on Blicavs for a couple of weeks, ?

Playing a fair bit through the middle, but is a bye in rd 13 with Goldy

Yep, Blitz is also a good ruck option this year. Rd 13 bye is fine so long as you can trade out your Rd13 bye rookies to Rd11-12 bye rookies & premo's before then so you can field at least 18 in Rd13. Both my Rucks are Rd13, but I'm not worried as I'll upgrade/downgrade my way through the MBR's and make sure I have enough starters for all 3 rounds.

If all things go according to plan, next week I will have 7 premos in the midfield (Fyfe, Danger, Ward, Selwood, Pendles, JPK and Rocky)

That then leaves me with 2 spots in the forwards to upgrade (my premos are Dusty, Gray, Bonts and Swan)

Like everyone defence is a bit of s**t truck at the moment (my premos are Shaw, Smith, Simpson)

My rucks are Mummy and Nic Nat

After next week I will have 20 trades left. Currently ranked 826 overall.

I have planned for the byes to ensure that I have an even spread across each round but we all know even the best laid plans can come to disaster with injuries between now and the bye rounds.

I am backing the Prince to be a keeper in defence. I will ride Saad and the Ox as long as I can. One of them may end up as keeper. Who knows?

I am going to keep Hogan for the moment. The Dees have had a tough run of games recently (Freo, Swans and Hawks) but I think he could still make some more coin down the track.

If all goes to plan, I will do a luxury trade towards the end of season where I will go Nic Nat > Goldy or Stef depending on how I am tracking for the overall.

Guess my final team could be

Heater, Taylor, Simpson?, Birchall, Rance, B Smith (Newnes)

Pendles, Fyfe, JPK, Griffen,
Armitage, Rocky, Jelwood, Ward (Swallow)

Big Stef, Goldstein (Bellchambers)

Dusty, Swannie, Bonti, Gray, Goddard, Dev Smith (Adams)
Tell me when you actually trade in armitage and I'll eat my hat!
Big stef was a good call , dev smith could be good pod I guess. If you want ward he must be pretty close to bottom out( haven't checked) good player though I'd rather Lewis Watson ,Mundy or priddis than armitage.

yeah me too and last week when I saw the big bastardo burn off Varcoe I decided it's no longer good for my health, he's not in my team, it hurts, probably missed the boat...best not to watch and pretend he doesn't exist.

Tell me when you actually trade in armitage and I'll eat my hat!
Big stef was a good call , dev smith could be good pod I guess. If you want ward he must be pretty close to bottom out( haven't checked) good player though I'd rather Lewis Watson ,Mundy or priddis than armitage.
I think he's having one of those years.

But yeah probably would go a Priddis or Lewis type if that's all I could afford. Priddis looks to be getting his swagger back after a slowish start. Ward has a stinker every now and then, will look to grab him at 550k sometime hopefully as he will be a top dozen mid and average around 110.

IIRC Mundy has never been elite himself so will be interesting to see who averages more out of himself and Armitage. Watson is on my never again list, burnt me last two years getting injured at crucial times mid season.

I think he's having one of those years.

But yeah probably would go a Priddis or Lewis type if that's all I could afford. Priddis looks to be getting his swagger back after a slowish start. Ward has a stinker every now and then, will look to grab him at 550k sometime hopefully as he will be a top dozen mid and average around 110.

IIRC Mundy has never been elite himself so will be interesting to see who averages more out of himself and Armitage. Watson is on my never again list, burnt me last two years getting injured at crucial times mid season.
Yes very good but my point is come the time are you actually going to be able to press the trade button for David and then the confirm button and stick with it. 600K is a lot for a pod. I said I'll eat my hat cos It would take guts lol I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, Just that it would be very brave. In fact I Gambled on a pod (Picken)last week and that was bloody hard enough and he was only 420k good on ya if you do it tho :thumbsu:

Edit just checked Callan ward he's nearly bottomed out you won't get him much cheaper than he is now be 135

Last edited:
Yes very good but my point is come the time are you actually going to be able to press the trade button for David and then the confirm button and stick with it. 600K is a lot for a pod. I said I'll eat my hat cos It would take guts lol I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, Just that it would be very brave. In fact I Gambled on a pod (Picken)last week and that was bloody hard enough and he was only 420k good on ya if you do it tho :thumbsu:
I'm definitely doing it in RDT lol, once he's had his bye and hopefully a price fall or two.

Yeah Picken was a brave choice, be prepared he may score like a yoyo though when Jong and Wallis come back and Picken plays roles elsewhere around the ground.

Easton Wood has had 3 huge games and 2 meh ones. Averaging 93 and no one would think to consider him, imo in AA form as an intercepting rebounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back