2015; Progress towards your final team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my most intense 90 minutes of this SC season, where I traded Cripps and Hogan to T.McDonald and S.Docherty, I'm left with only 19 trades and a woeful rank of 29k.

The players that I have and plan to keep are:

D1-4: T.McDonald, Rance, Docherty and B.Smith. D5-7: Newnes (Yes), A.Saad and Oxley.

M: Fyfe and J.Lewis.

R: Goldy and Nic Nat. R/F: TBC and Read.

F1-7: Buddy, D.Smith, D.Martin, H.Bennell, Bont, Swan and Gray.

This leaves me with T.Hunt, K.Mc, Mckenzie, Vandenberg, Brayshaw, CEY, Heeney, Tarrant, M.Clark and Krakouer to trade. If I want to keep 6 or 7 trades for injuries, will 12 or 13 trades be enough to turn these players into 6 premium mids??

DEF: Shaw, Gibson, Thurlow, TMac, Smith , Laird/Newnes
MID:
Fyfe, JPK, Pendles, GAJ, Parker, Watson, Jelwood, Sloane
RUCK: Goldy, Grundy
FWD: Gray, Mitchell, Dusty, Buddy, Bont,
Swan

this is what I'm thinking to have at the end of the byes (have, don't have)

Burboyne, Pittard, Smith, Hibberd, Simpson,
premium (McIntosh, Lever)
Fyfe, Pendles, JPK, Prestia, Treloar, Danger,
premium, premium (Saad, Krakouer, Nelson)
Goldy, Blicavs (Read)
Swan, Gray, Martin, Franklin, Mitchell,
premium (Tarrant, rookie)

positions are currently filled by CEY, Cripps, Miller, Clark and Lonie
as much as I'd love to keep all 4 of Tarrant, Saad, McIntosh and Krakouer for cover, I know a couple will have to go for $$$ to finish off my side

BOLD = HAVE

Shaw, McDonald, Gibson, Docherty, Houli, Newnes (Saad)
Fyfe, Pendlebury, JP.Kennedy, Selwood, Parker,
Rockliff/Beams, Lewis, Shiel/TBC (Cripps)
Maric,
Mumford/Martin/Goldstein (Read)
Gray, Martin, Swan, Mitchell, Bontempelli,
Goddard/Dahlhaus

Tossing up on last defender spot, Houli on fire but not going to grab that spot for a while. May also decide to upgrade Newnes.
Leaning towards Beams over Rockliff personally. Reckon Lewis after the byes for just over $500k is a bargain. Not sure on last mid spot yet.
3 ruckmen I'm weighing up. Goldy dropping off a bit, Stef on fire bar the weekend score, and Mummy hitting his straps.
Goddard or Dahlhaus to complete my forward line, possibly D.Smith/Deledio as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 11.45.40 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 11.45.40 am.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Progress has been made this week with two guys coming in that barring catastrophe will be in my final side, as well as settling that certain rookies will fill the bench spots (because they haven't made me as much cash as I thought):
Def: Rance Shaw Hodge Hibberd (bench Brown KMac), looking to upgrade Saad and Oxley to tom mac and probably houli
Mid: pendles neale beams gray dusty shuey rocky (bench heeney) looking to upgrade 1 to fyfe and downgrade the rest of cripps cey dmac
Rucks: goldy and ryder (bench naismith) upgrading ryder would only be a luxury trade
Forward: swan bont titch (bench clark lonie) upgrade hogan krakeour tarrant

That's only using 8 trades (have 19 left), so there's some room to play around. Hoping to make only 2-3 trades until the bye rounds and then begin the process of getting the preferred side on the park in order of who has the byes.

McDonald, Shaw, Birchall, Newnes. Likely to keep Saad as N Brown and cover. McIntosh cull Bruce????

Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Parker Rockliff, cull Miller Krack as fwd cover keep CEY.... Jedi Anderson... might just sit there.

Goldy, Grundy bench Mclaren

Swan, Gray, Bont, Martin, Mitchell
cull Hogan, Clarke Lonie

6 upgrades completes the team. Leaving a few trades for injury.

Will need to keep one of each in following lines.

Backs: Saad, Bruce as D7
Mid: Miller, CEY as F9
Fwd: Krak D7

Keeping Saad as D6 saves a trade..... Thinking about it seriously.

After the byes what are we looking at prem wise, should we have a full team by then?

Depends how your team looks now, but I would expect most to still be running with a couple of rookies.

After the byes what are we looking at prem wise, should we have a full team by then?
Depends.
Guys like Krak and Tarrant (if you got on them), started later and should still be making some cash by then, and Saad/McKenzie still have negative break-evens.
CEY and Cripps could end up in a few finished sides if there is too much carnage elsewhere.
If you've got any of Macintosh/Heeney/Hogan/Lonie still there, but don't plan on having them in your finished side, they'll likely be losing you cash by then.
I'm only holding Heeney because he isn't losing me money yet!

All depends on breakevens, Salem looked maxed out, I turfed him, then he tonned up, and I thought *! Then he got a 16 and will start dropping.

I'd get the keepers in when you can, but there's a few good rookies around still scoring and making cash if you want to hold off.

Disclaimer: if you don't have these rookies, my advice is pretty worthless!

Depends.
Guys like Krak and Tarrant (if you got on them), started later and should still be making some cash by then, and Saad/McKenzie still have negative break-evens.
CEY and Cripps could end up in a few finished sides if there is too much carnage elsewhere.
If you've got any of Macintosh/Heeney/Hogan/Lonie still there, but don't plan on having them in your finished side, they'll likely be losing you cash by then.

All depends on breakevens, Salem looked maxed out, I turfed him, then he tonned up, and I thought ****! Then he got a 16 and will start dropping.

I'd get the keepers in when you can, but there's a few good rookies around still scoring and making cash if you want to hold off.

Given Krak and Tarrant both have Round 13 byes, that strikes me as the perfect time to trade them out.

Depends how your team looks now, but I would expect most to still be running with a couple of rookies.
Depends.

All depends on breakevens, Salem looked maxed out, I turfed him, then he tonned up, and I thought ****! Then he got a 16 and will start dropping.

The relevant rookies i'll be holding are Kraks, Tarrant, Clark, CEY, Oxley and Saad by round 15 they should all be gone and i'll have a full "prem" team.

Round 13 i'll be trading Kraks, Tarrant and Clark to help out with the rd13 bye only 13 playing.
Round 14/15 is where i down CEY and up Oxley/Saad(Maybe Lumumba if he's playing worse than these other two)

I should be down to 10 trades after all this is done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll add that apart from Jiska i.must have copped every bloody injury or suspension known to sc man.
however looking at my team I'm ok with it.
i think i have 18 or 19 I'll keep
DEF..5
rance, heater, 6kgs, friendly ghost (jasper), Oxley/saad (1 will stay)
MIDS
fyfe, jpk, Rockliff, JLewis, parker, SJ, Griffen
RUCKS
stef, goldy
fwds,
Gray,dusty,Goddard, JZ.

Next in will be a gun fwd hopefully.
then either sidebum or pendles.

Cripps could be culled Next

Ranking s**t but team is comin together

I'll add that apart from Jiska i.must have copped every bloody injury or suspension known to sc man.
however looking at my team I'm ok with it.
i think i have 18 or 19 I'll keep
DEF..5
rance, heater, 6kgs, friendly ghost (jasper), Oxley/saad (1 will stay)
MIDS
fyfe, jpk, Rockliff, JLewis, parker, SJ, Griffen
RUCKS
stef, goldy
fwds,
Gray,dusty,Goddard, JZ.

Next in will be a gun fwd hopefully.
then either sidebum or pendles.

Cripps could be culled Next

Ranking s**t but team is comin together

Its all about the run home, peak at the right time and taking out the leagues will make you forget about your overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back