2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Kedron win by 20pts. 76-55

Shout out to kedron number 44. Waiting at interchange for 10min before getting a run in the last quarter
He actually played most of the game and was in our best players. Just couldn't get the other bloke off. Heat was on at that point.

Can't believe #27 from Kedron didn't get the medal. Whale of a game.

Another week of woeful umpiring. Bit my tongue after the Zillmere game, but was shocked to see the same 2 guys again this week. Unlike footy sides, obviously not picked on form!

Didn't influence the result, but just consistently made it up as they went and both teams clearly frustrated.

put it on youtube. last years is on there.
Yeah got no idea who has it or how to do it. One of boys might sort that out. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to that stuff. Had to get help to set this up eairler in the year. Sorry about that. To be honest I'd be happy to cut the second half out.

Yeah got no idea who has it or how to do it. One of boys might sort that out. I'm a dinosaur when it comes to that stuff. Had to get help to set this up eairler in the year. Sorry about that. To be honest I'd be happy to cut the second half out.

Oh come on outandabout, the second half was fantastic. Maybe not for you guys but (insert cliché) "football was the winner"!! ;)

Nice speech post match too BTW, you guys played hard all year but were respectful throughout. Good luck in season 2016. Are your plans to head back up a division or 2?

Oh come on outandabout, the second half was fantastic. Maybe not for you guys but (insert cliché) "football was the winner"!! ;)

Nice speech post match too BTW, you guys played hard all year but were respectful throughout. Good luck in season 2016. Are your plans to head back up a division or 2?
Your right its what the game needed. I just aged ten years.
You have to respect a club who's history is as good as the woodsman. Only a fool wouldn't.
The hope is to go up but we need players to do it. A lot of them in fact.
So anyone who doesn't think we are a bunch of tossers come on down and have a crack.
I think you will find they are a great bunch of bloke's who love thier footy and the club.
On a bright note no one got locked up on the post match celebrations.
These Friday nite finals certainly extend the party.

If the game was indeed recorded, if someone at AFLQ watches it - those 2 blokes should never umpire again. I'm surprised both the Woodies and RedLeggers runners aren't also facing 12 month bans - because those 2 guys did their absolute best to ruin what turned into a decent game of footy after the first quarter. I was standing near some of the Zillmere faithful and they couldn't believe the same 2 guys were out there again - but this week the young bloke was worse than the old guy, which is a special achievement in itself!

As for the game, it pretty much went the exact opposite to what I personally expected. Winning the toss was absolutely crucial, and along with some in the Woodsmen coaching box being slow to react - that was the game right there at the coin toss. I went along thinking that if the Woodsmen kicked straight, they may get to a 5-6 goal lead at half time and then have to hang on for dear life - when in the end, Kedron won the game in the first 15 minutes and barely fired another shot.

Question to Thommo or the Woodies coach - why didn't you have anyone behind the ball in the first quarter when you were clearly kicking against a 4-5 goal breeze? IF you didn't start with one, why didn't you move someone there when they had 5 goals after 12 minutes? That was the game right there.

Powell was superb for Kedron, then only guy composed with the footy who broke the lines and really used his pace. Along with the big guy #27, who absolutely dominated the first half before Gerard Moore went into the ruck. #6 for the Woodsmen was outstanding, and the only guy that actually put his body into the contest and Micka also had an excellent game, but did look a little slow late in the season.

Fitzgibbon was dangerous, but #13 for the Woodsmen played very well on him and that was probably a win for the Woodies. At the end of the day, Woodsmen lost the ngame in the first 15 minutes and at half time I thought they would get done by 100, so luckily for all the spectators they gave a yelp and made it a bit exciting. Kicking a little straighter may have made it very very interesting, but I never felt like they got close enough to look like winning it.

Watching the presentations and seeing Baker, Dobson, Thommo standing there in their civvies, that probably didn't help either.

Well done to Kedron, I didn't think they had the talent to win it - but they just kept on keeping on. Midway through the year I was sure Zillmere and Woodsmen were the 2 best sides - but they had no depth and couldn't stay healthy. Kedron just had a deeper 22 when it counted.

Fitzgibbon to win the medal tonight.

If the game was indeed recorded, if someone at AFLQ watches it - those 2 blokes should never umpire again. I'm surprised both the Woodies and RedLeggers runners aren't also facing 12 month bans - because those 2 guys did their absolute best to ruin what turned into a decent game of footy after the first quarter. I was standing near some of the Zillmere faithful and they couldn't believe the same 2 guys were out there again - but this week the young bloke was worse than the old guy, which is a special achievement in itself!

As for the game, it pretty much went the exact opposite to what I personally expected. Winning the toss was absolutely crucial, and along with some in the Woodsmen coaching box being slow to react - that was the game right there at the coin toss. I went along thinking that if the Woodsmen kicked straight, they may get to a 5-6 goal lead at half time and then have to hang on for dear life - when in the end, Kedron won the game in the first 15 minutes and barely fired another shot.

Question to Thommo or the Woodies coach - why didn't you have anyone behind the ball in the first quarter when you were clearly kicking against a 4-5 goal breeze? IF you didn't start with one, why didn't you move someone there when they had 5 goals after 12 minutes? That was the game right there.

Powell was superb for Kedron, then only guy composed with the footy who broke the lines and really used his pace. Along with the big guy #27, who absolutely dominated the first half before Gerard Moore went into the ruck. #6 for the Woodsmen was outstanding, and the only guy that actually put his body into the contest and Micka also had an excellent game, but did look a little slow late in the season.

Fitzgibbon was dangerous, but #13 for the Woodsmen played very well on him and that was probably a win for the Woodies. At the end of the day, Woodsmen lost the ngame in the first 15 minutes and at half time I thought they would get done by 100, so luckily for all the spectators they gave a yelp and made it a bit exciting. Kicking a little straighter may have made it very very interesting, but I never felt like they got close enough to look like winning it.

Watching the presentations and seeing Baker, Dobson, Thommo standing there in their civvies, that probably didn't help either.

Well done to Kedron, I didn't think they had the talent to win it - but they just kept on keeping on. Midway through the year I was sure Zillmere and Woodsmen were the 2 best sides - but they had no depth and couldn't stay healthy. Kedron just had a deeper 22 when it counted.

Fitzgibbon to win the medal tonight.
I'll tell you now we had five season ending injuries ourselves.
We had one bloke pop his shoulder on Thursday nite.
Two other lads that probably shouldn't have been out there.
We were running out of players ourselves but lucky enough you didn't rate them so no one knew.
Sometimes it the ones that last get to play in the big one.

Every team gets injuries, no doubt about it. Who gets injured is what can ruin a season though, not how many.

Kedron got the cup, and that was all she wrote. As I said, you had better depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would be interested to know how many entry tickets the Zillmere boys sold. Very healthy crowd around the ground after quarter time.

Fitzgibbon for the medal tonight for me but Enkera may steal a few votes from him.

Mihalopolous in the mix too.

That seems severe does anyone know what he said. Must have threatened him for that.

Said something non threatening that can easily be construed as a threat. That's probably enough for a 2 year ban, especially if as rumoured it's not a first offence.

would be interested to know how many entry tickets the Zillmere boys sold. Very healthy crowd around the ground after quarter time.

Fitzgibbon for the medal tonight for me but Enkera may steal a few votes from him.

Mihalopolous in the mix too.

Mika won't poll. Umps have never liked that nude nut. He polled 1 vote last year despite dominating many many games. I got more than him despite having a s**t year!

You might find that a standout player from a UQ or Colly Park might win it, but I agree Fitzgibbon should be favourite

Woodsmen sack their coach.

Thats a bit rough!

In the words of Andrew Gaze.... turn it up QAFL.......

I'll leave Thommo's explanation to..... well.... explain it.........

But I'll pass your details (that's right..... you're outed) onto the man in question and no doubt he'll be in touch.

Said something non threatening that can easily be construed as a threat. That's probably enough for a 2 year ban, especially if as rumoured it's not a first offence.

Mika won't poll. Umps have never liked that nude nut. He polled 1 vote last year despite dominating many many games. I got more than him despite having a s**t year!

You might find that a standout player from a UQ or Colly Park might win it, but I agree Fitzgibbon should be favourite

Yeah Major from Collingwood Park, Burton from the Eagles, Guise from Jimmy and perhaps someone like the muscly number 9 from Yeronga (Mahler I think?) could all be chances to get up there. Curtis would be my pick from the Woodies.

In the words of Andrew Gaze.... turn it up QAFL.......

I'll leave Thommo's explanation to..... well.... explain it.........

But I'll pass your details (that's right..... you're outed) onto the man in question and no doubt he'll be in touch.
Please pass onto me too . I would love to know who it is.

You sure thommo ????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back