2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm eagerly awaiting the start of Grade Cricket, so I can annoy those players anonymously over summer.
The inclusion of Jacob Guise can't be underestimated.

Will win the league medal if he stays on the park and in this comp. Best midfielder by a country mile.

It's tough being right all the time.

King 05

Senior List
Oct 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I'm eagerly awaiting the start of Grade Cricket, so I can annoy those players anonymously over summer.

It's tough being right all the time.

Have you spent any time in the country QAFL...?

Don't know if 3 votes qualifies as a country mile!! ;)

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you listened in class, you would have better comprehension.

I didn't say he would win by a country mile, perhaps you went to school in the country - and walked a mile to get there and were too tired to listen?

King 05

Senior List
Oct 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers
If you listened in class, you would have better comprehension.

I didn't say he would win by a country mile, perhaps you went to school in the country - and walked a mile to get there and were too tired to listen?

A generalisation I admit, but not one without some merit. One would think that if he was annointed as the best by a country mile there was an implication that he would be that he would win by a country mile......

I attended the school of life old boy. I stand by the qualifications it's given me! :)

redbackpride

Debutant
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Quick question. Do the club umpires who officiate the Jimboomba home games on a Saturday submit votes.......?
To answer your Question Guise was umpired by Qafl umpires in the last 3 games with the only exception being the last round when it was Aflq and myself he polled 8 votes in 3 games after trailing Micha by 3 at round 13 whom I'm told might have missed a game.

To say it's bullshit show how much it's just a jealousy thing not a congratulations to a guy who deserved it. At the very least you could say how unlucky fitzgibbon was a umpire has not noticed a full forward since lockett

sexualninja

Senior List
Aug 23, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Sydney
What are the chances of the comp getting harder next year as Morningside enter the fray. They've got a few blokes running around in seniors chalking up 250 odd games this year. The old heads can't play in the top grade forever and the opportunity to keep involved on the field would be available via the 3rds.

We've seen what Woodsmen can do with a few ex guns. Time will tell if Morningside end up in a similar position.

At least you get a steak and a beer after the game though. Very swanky setup over there on Hawthorn Road.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
What are the chances of the comp getting harder next year as Morningside enter the fray. They've got a few blokes running around in seniors chalking up 250 odd games this year. The old heads can't play in the top grade forever and the opportunity to keep involved on the field would be available via the 3rds.

We've seen what Woodsmen can do with a few ex guns. Time will tell if Morningside end up in a similar position.

At least you get a steak and a beer after the game though. Very swanky setup over there on Hawthorn Road.
Certainly will be interesting to see what level of team they put on the park. Could potentially be unbeatable with some of the retirees they have had in the last couple of years. I know this comp has sparked the interest of a number of ex state league footballers who are keen to play again having retired from footy in their late 20's a few years ago.

Hunglo

Debutant
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Certainly will be interesting to see what level of team they put on the park. Could potentially be unbeatable with some of the retirees they have had in the last couple of years. I know this comp has sparked the interest of a number of ex state league footballers who are keen to play again having retired from footy in their late 20's a few years ago.
Get out your Cheque book managers!

The Matador

Senior List
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
does anyone know when the umpires have their presentation night? is that the same night they delist and sack umpires. if those two umpires that umpired the grand final dont get sacked something is seriously wrong. in fact i will make a comeback and umpire games of footy again if they do get rid of em. they are beyond woeful and should go take up tennis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The murri mavericks afl club have a 10 year reunion on this Saturday. It's at the kedron footy club starting at 5.30.

blowesy

Senior List
Aug 3, 2008
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gents, Just looking to get some advice about this league and an idea of the standard in general in comparison to other football played in QLD. Im moving up from Melbourne and might look to pull the boots on again mainly for social purposes. Was hoping to get an idea on which clubs would be ideal to join and have a run-around?

frazer

Debutant
Feb 14, 2012
Redcliffe
AFL Club
Collingwood
G'day Blowesy. Technically this is the lowest division in Brisbane, but you will find some talented players running around still. Some teams do bring a very social atmosphere (Yeronga, Kenmore, Woodsmen and a few others). I guess it all depends on where you are living and the closest teams.

blowesy

Senior List
Aug 3, 2008
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
G'day Blowesy. Technically this is the lowest division in Brisbane, but you will find some talented players running around still. Some teams do bring a very social atmosphere (Yeronga, Kenmore, Woodsmen and a few others). I guess it all depends on where you are living and the closest teams.
Thanks for the response mate, much appreciated. I'll be living in Windsor when I initially move up so somewhere north of the river would be ideal. obviously footy is more fun when your winning so a competitive side would be good but as I said mainly looking to play to meet some new people and have a laugh seeing I'm moving from interstate

Johnny Demon

Debutant
Apr 21, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thanks for the response mate, much appreciated. I'll be living in Windsor when I initially move up so somewhere north of the river would be ideal. obviously footy is more fun when your winning so a competitive side would be good but as I said mainly looking to play to meet some new people and have a laugh seeing I'm moving from interstate

Mayne are at Enoggera just down the road from Windsor, should be competitive in 2016

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mate have a crack at kedron. Three minutes down the road. This year's premier's and a very social bunch of misfits. They do like a beer after the game.

Donthesash

Rookie
Feb 28, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey guys , Can someone please give me a run down on what leagues there are near gold coast and what standard order each one is -
Cheers

Hey guys , Can someone please give me a run down on what leagues there are near gold coast and what standard order each one is -
Cheers

Better off heading to the AFLQ website as there are no Gold Coast leagues, unless you count the North Coast NSW league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back