2015 QAFA (B) Central | Page 84 | BigFooty
  1. New Image Editor now Live

A basic image editor is now available to all users. Improvements are still in the works, but it is usable right now. Just hit "Edit Image" when you upload an image into a post. Try It ...

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

2015 QAFA (B) Central

Discussion in 'Queensland Footy' started by King 05, Jan 4, 2015.

1. QAFL_Fan

QAFL_Fan Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    I'm eagerly awaiting the start of Grade Cricket, so I can annoy those players anonymously over summer.
    It's tough being right all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. King 05

King 05 Senior List

North Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    LA Lakers

Have you spent any time in the country QAFL...?

Don't know if 3 votes qualifies as a country mile!! ;)

3. QAFL_Fan

QAFL_Fan Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    If you listened in class, you would have better comprehension.

I didn't say he would win by a country mile, perhaps you went to school in the country - and walked a mile to get there and were too tired to listen?

4. King 05

King 05 Senior List

North Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    LA Lakers
    A generalisation I admit, but not one without some merit. One would think that if he was annointed as the best by a country mile there was an implication that he would be that he would win by a country mile......

I attended the school of life old boy. I stand by the qualifications it's given me! :)

Saul likes this.
  5. redbackpride

redbackpride Debutant

Brisbane Lions
    To answer your Question Guise was umpired by Qafl umpires in the last 3 games with the only exception being the last round when it was Aflq and myself he polled 8 votes in 3 games after trailing Micha by 3 at round 13 whom I'm told might have missed a game.

To say it's bullshit show how much it's just a jealousy thing not a congratulations to a guy who deserved it. At the very least you could say how unlucky fitzgibbon was a umpire has not noticed a full forward since lockett

Saul likes this.
  6. Thommo 42

Thommo 42 Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Fitzgibbon probably lost some votes to Mitch Johnson...

Seperated at birth

7. sexualninja

sexualninja Senior List

Sydney
    What are the chances of the comp getting harder next year as Morningside enter the fray. They've got a few blokes running around in seniors chalking up 250 odd games this year. The old heads can't play in the top grade forever and the opportunity to keep involved on the field would be available via the 3rds.

We've seen what Woodsmen can do with a few ex guns. Time will tell if Morningside end up in a similar position.

At least you get a steak and a beer after the game though. Very swanky setup over there on Hawthorn Road.

8. sexualninja

sexualninja Senior List

Sydney
    Not a problem oldman, glad you enjoyed it.

9. Pea Nut

Pea Nut Norm Smith Medallist

Adelaide
    Certainly will be interesting to see what level of team they put on the park. Could potentially be unbeatable with some of the retirees they have had in the last couple of years. I know this comp has sparked the interest of a number of ex state league footballers who are keen to play again having retired from footy in their late 20's a few years ago.

10. Hunglo

Hunglo Debutant

Adelaide
    Get out your Cheque book managers!

11. The Matador

The Matador Debutant

Gold Coast
    does anyone know when the umpires have their presentation night? is that the same night they delist and sack umpires. if those two umpires that umpired the grand final dont get sacked something is seriously wrong. in fact i will make a comeback and umpire games of footy again if they do get rid of em. they are beyond woeful and should go take up tennis

Sean Toohey likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Laceout01

Laceout01 Rookie

Brisbane Lions
    Did guise sleep with your misso? Or he's what you will never be? A competition BnF winner??

13. pengu

pengu Draftee

Brisbane Lions
    Have the extended votes been posted for the league b&f yet?

14. outandabout

outandabout All Australian

Hawthorn
    The murri mavericks afl club have a 10 year reunion on this Saturday. It's at the kedron footy club starting at 5.30.

15. The Con

The Con Debutant

Collingwood

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  16. spooner21

spooner21 Debutant

St Kilda

Attached Files:

pengu likes this.
  17. Thommo 42

Thommo 42 Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    You've now ruined an in house joke!

18. Pies_34

Pies_34 Rookie

Collingwood
    Is there a link to see all the leagues counts cheers

19. blowesy

blowesy Senior List

Western Bulldogs
    Gents, Just looking to get some advice about this league and an idea of the standard in general in comparison to other football played in QLD. Im moving up from Melbourne and might look to pull the boots on again mainly for social purposes. Was hoping to get an idea on which clubs would be ideal to join and have a run-around?

20. frazer

frazer Debutant

Collingwood
    G'day Blowesy. Technically this is the lowest division in Brisbane, but you will find some talented players running around still. Some teams do bring a very social atmosphere (Yeronga, Kenmore, Woodsmen and a few others). I guess it all depends on where you are living and the closest teams.

21. blowesy

blowesy Senior List

Western Bulldogs
    Thanks for the response mate, much appreciated. I'll be living in Windsor when I initially move up so somewhere north of the river would be ideal. obviously footy is more fun when your winning so a competitive side would be good but as I said mainly looking to play to meet some new people and have a laugh seeing I'm moving from interstate

22. Johnny Demon

Johnny Demon Debutant

Melbourne
    Mayne are at Enoggera just down the road from Windsor, should be competitive in 2016

23. outandabout

outandabout All Australian

Hawthorn
    Mate have a crack at kedron. Three minutes down the road. This year's premier's and a very social bunch of misfits. They do like a beer after the game.

24. Donthesash

Donthesash Rookie

Essendon
    Hey guys , Can someone please give me a run down on what leagues there are near gold coast and what standard order each one is -
    Cheers

25. 3121 premiers

3121 premiers fumbler

Richmond
    Better off heading to the AFLQ website as there are no Gold Coast leagues, unless you count the North Coast NSW league.