2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Brainfade

Debutant
Sep 8, 2014
Logan
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Is morningside 100% yet? I have heard they will be entering this Comp for the past couple of years and it never happened. I think they would be quite strong considering the quality of players that have "retired" from Qafl over the last few seasons. Surely the Friday night lights might lure a few of them to play again. It will be a great comp if all teams are from clubs with 3 or more teams. Plus jimboomba and woodsmen. This comp is looking better and better

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Morningside have appointed a coach, so I would suggest they are definitely in.

QAFL saying that if the comp is split, then all new teams MUST enter Division 2. If so, could be a long year if Morningside are forced into Div 2 QAFA B !

Brainfade

Debutant
Sep 8, 2014
Logan
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Surely they wouldn't make a top teir qafl team put their 3rds in the lowest of the leagues in aflq? That's stupidity at its best!
There 2nds would probably beat the likes of sandgates best!

Brainfade

Debutant
Sep 8, 2014
Logan
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You seem to be very interested in jimboomba Qafl are you trying to keep an eye on your boy guise? Since you spend a lot of time on these forums you should donate your time to jimboomba and help them out on there website. You are after all a wizard wordsmith! It's hard to get good people to do work. Dont put them down when they have a crack!

lucky ducky

Senior List
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have heard the same thing. But how would you split it? Would it be based on location, ladder position in 2015, something else? And is 2 divs of 7 teams each better than a 14 team comp?

Here's my (uneducated) take on a possible split:

Coorparoo
Jimboomba
Morningside (assumption - Kedron moving back up)
Sandgate
University of Queensland
Woodsmen
Zillmere

Collingwood Park
Ferny Grove
Ipswich Cats
Ipswich Eagles
Kenmore
Mayne
Yeronga

Are there other teams looking to enter? Or could a merge of one of the north/south comps into central work?
I hear a couple of *******s one in particular club official who is a total wank stain who goes by the name maggot shafted the redbacks 2015 coach craig harley and has had him booted from his coaching job and hoping he will get it and let me tell you maggot cant play footy cant umpire and could coach if his life depended on it he is the lowest of lows dont be surprised if some of the boys walk cause of this and end up at the pirates

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dunno Craig Harley, but his son who plays in the forward line is one of the biggest tossers to take the field in South East QLD.

They're probably both well suited to Jimboomba actually!

np_#1

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2011
beenleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hear a couple of *******s one in particular club official who is a total wank stain who goes by the name maggot shafted the redbacks 2015 coach craig harley and has had him booted from his coaching job and hoping he will get it and let me tell you maggot cant play footy cant umpire and could coach if his life depended on it he is the lowest of lows dont be surprised if some of the boys walk cause of this and end up at the pirates

I hope that this doesn't happen as we never want to see our brothers fall and jimmboomba have been a very strong team in the comp for a while now so it would be sad to see,

however if guys were to leave obviously we welcome all new players with open arms at the pirates .

I can say I'm blown away by the professionalism and the manner in which the pirates operate. Bring on 2016 ... any Intel on kedron is much appreciated ;-)

My prediction

Longy and the Eagles to take out the comp and not drop a game .

League medal Jay Parker (eagles )

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope that this doesn't happen as we never want to see our brothers fall and jimmboomba have been a very strong team in the comp for a while now so it would be sad to see,

however if guys were to leave obviously we welcome all new players with open arms at the pirates .

I can say I'm blown away by the professionalism and the manner in which the pirates operate. Bring on 2016 ... any Intel on kedron is much appreciated ;-)

My prediction

Longy and the Eagles to take out the comp and not drop a game .

League medal Jay Parker (eagles )

So this is where all the action and slamming goes on? Not many forums up and running with the sledging already started?

NP I think you are being very modest mate. All the new players including yourself have taken the Pirates preseason training to another level and it sure does look like an exciting year ahead.

We have already recruited some quality players , but we never say no to any of our neighbours coming over for a look.

Coach Monkey not mucking around with preseason recommending 12th January. Won't be to many fitter sides than us in 2016 in QAFA A based on what boys have already done up to Xmas.

lucky ducky

Senior List
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dunno Craig Harley, but his son who plays in the forward line is one of the biggest tossers to take the field in South East QLD.

They're probably both well suited to Jimboomba actually!
From what i understand Craig Harley is highly respected by his players where ever he has coached but you are right on one thing his son matty is the biggest dick going around

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
From what i understand Craig Harley is highly respected by his players where ever he has coached but you are right on one thing his son matty is the biggest dick going around

We interviewed Craig for reserves coach at Pirates and would have been more than happy to have him on board, but we were looking more at a young bloke for direction of our club.

From what I gather he still hasn't been told as to why he was sacked at Jimboomba.

So if what you are saying is right Lucky sounds like there might be a little bit of under mining going on at our neighbours, which never ends well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brainfade

Debutant
Sep 8, 2014
Logan
AFL Club
Gold Coast
From an outsider looking in Craig Harley had no idea what was going on. he had no respect from his players and was the reason why a few weren't playing there in the first place. His son was hopeless Aswell! Was one of the main reasons why they lost there semi this year. Played for free kicks all night and behind his defender! And the carry on after he kicked a goal... Well wasn't that interesting?! Sounded like a squealing pig! Worst thing is he was a captain of the club and stormed out without thanking his teammates for the season. The kid has no idea about team sport!

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
From an outsider looking in Craig Harley had no idea what was going on. he had no respect from his players and was the reason why a few weren't playing there in the first place. His son was hopeless Aswell! Was one of the main reasons why they lost there semi this year. Played for free kicks all night and behind his defender! And the carry on after he kicked a goal... Well wasn't that interesting?! Sounded like a squealing pig! Worst thing is he was a captain of the club and stormed out without thanking his teammates for the season. The kid has no idea about team sport!

Take on board both your comments Brainfade and Thomo as to reasons behind Harley's departure.

Sounds like we might have made the right call by appointing Nick Pearson. He has already made a huge impact on our club and has all the values we need building a culture for such a young club.

Laceout01

Rookie
Aug 8, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Lucky Ducky aka Matt Harley
Ha so far up yourself, cracks the shits because you were thumping a team and you were on your own but muzza lead your way and marked infront of you and then you walked off sooking! Vice captain Harley setting the example here for the team. Daddy didn't say anything because Harley has no balls. Sums up the situation and why they were turfed from the club! Not liked at jimboomba father or son. If it wasn't for a hand shake hed be out the door in his first season.
Jimboomba touch even want to distance them selves from the Harleys.

Stains

lucky ducky

Senior List
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
he allegedly had a punch-on with a committee member or manager on the side of the field late in the season.

that probably isn't great for job security!
Well Thommo you are right to a degree apparently there was a big dust up but from what i hear is Harley was coaching while this was happening and i believe Aflq reps were there watching and would clear harley from any wrong if required

lucky ducky

Senior List
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ha so far up yourself, cracks the shits because you were thumping a team and you were on your own but muzza lead your way and marked infront of you and then you walked off sooking! Vice captain Harley setting the example here for the team. Daddy didn't say anything because Harley has no balls. Sums up the situation and why they were turfed from the club! Not liked at jimboomba father or son. If it wasn't for a hand shake hed be out the door in his first season.

Stains
Lucky Duck

Stains

lucky ducky

Senior List
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lucky Duck
Lucky Duck aka matt Harley in your dreams i agree with everything thing u say about matt Harley and muzza has been a gun for years even when he was at robina he killed it. From people i speak to craig Harley is well liked but as you say all these people say the same thing his biggest down fall is his son if he went to a club and didnt take his son with him it would be much better for himself

Laceout01

Rookie
Aug 8, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lucky Duck aka matt Harley in your dreams i agree with everything thing u say about matt Harley and muzza has been a gun for years even when he was at robina he killed it. From people i speak to craig Harley is well liked but as you say all these people say the same thing his biggest down fall is his son if he went to a club and didnt take his son with him it would be much better for himself

Muzza has had more clubs than Greg Norman!

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Which Club in this Comp is closest to Surfers Paradise?

Gotta mate moving there next year & can't play many Saturday games due to work commitments but is available Friday nights hence my enquiry, handy forward.

Brainfade

Debutant
Sep 8, 2014
Logan
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A couple of guys I know live in jimboomba area and play at broadbeach. It will take you about 45 mins to get there. Best thing is there is no traffic. Otherwise yeronga. He might not be able to keep up with this comp. I hope he is doing his fitness already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back