2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard it's not the first time he has abused umpires, so 12months for repeat offender isn't off the cards the

That's a fair whack!! But fair enough too I think.

Now onto tomorrow night........ Am I correct in assuming that there will NOT be facilities to procure an alcoholic beverage?

If not, can I assume it is OK to BYO?

That's a fair whack!! But fair enough too I think.

Now onto tomorrow night........ Am I correct in assuming that there will NOT be facilities to procure an alcoholic beverage?

If not, can I assume it is OK to BYO?

Been to two games there this year and they had a bar set up for both. Why wouldn't they?

I wonder.

Did the Zillmere Eagles apply to host, or did AFLQ apply to host at Zillmere - given its their venue now?

I wonder, does AFLQ pay a hosting fee to itself when it hosts finals like this one and the QAFL final on Saturday?

I wonder.

Did the Zillmere Eagles apply to host, or did AFLQ apply to host at Zillmere - given its their venue now?

I wonder, does AFLQ pay a hosting fee to itself when it hosts finals like this one and the QAFL final on Saturday?

Zillmere applied to host any available finals in any comp. They will need to pay the hosting fee same as any club. Zillmere still look at the oval and ground as their own and run independently to AFLQ. They get no special treatment, in fact it's much like Yeronga where AFLQ makes decisions that hinder the club more then help.

Yeah that's not good enough. I've been to there "bar" setup there. It's nothing short of a joke. Understand they are renovating or whatever, but with all the other clubs around with proper clubhouse bars, this venue is a disaster of a decision.

Yeronga? Coorparoo? Sherwood? Sandgate? Kenmore? Christ, even ask Wilston Grange! All of these grounds are better than Zillmere.

Nowhere to sit down at Zillmere, parking turns into a nightmare when you get a decent turnout. Really don't understand the thought process of the decision to have this game here. Absolute joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's not good enough. I've been to there "bar" setup there. It's nothing short of a joke. Understand they are renovating or whatever, but with all the other clubs around with proper clubhouse bars, this venue is a disaster of a decision.

Yeronga? Coorparoo? Sherwood? Sandgate? Kenmore? Christ, even ask Wilston Grange! All of these grounds are better than Zillmere.

Nowhere to sit down at Zillmere, parking turns into a nightmare when you get a decent turnout. Really don't understand the thought process of the decision to have this game here. Absolute joke.

Haha what a precious lot. So you can't by a beer inside a club... They are still available and cold, the canteen and bbq are no different to what most clubs in this div offer. If you want to sit, bring a chair... As for parking, you can park any where around the ground, there is a big parking lot in front of the club, surely should cater to the 100 or so people who will be in the crowd.

The lighting and ground are as good as any in the comp. the change rooms are big and ample space for both sides. Let's not forget this is community footy, should be a great game, us spectators will be actually able to see the game this week (unlike the last two weeks in the dark) and everyone can get a cold beer during and after.

Or maybe you can find more s**t to complain about, the moon might be too bright of something.

Haha what a precious lot. So you can't by a beer inside a club... They are still available and cold, the canteen and bbq are no different to what most clubs in this div offer. If you want to sit, bring a chair... As for parking, you can park any where around the ground, there is a big parking lot in front of the club, surely should cater to the 100 or so people who will be in the crowd.

The lighting and ground are as good as any in the comp. the change rooms are big and ample space for both sides. Let's not forget this is community footy, should be a great game, us spectators will be actually able to see the game this week (unlike the last two weeks in the dark) and everyone can get a cold beer during and after.

Or maybe you can find more s**t to complain about, the moon might be too bright of something.

Playing surface and lighting are first class out there.

But for a Grand Final - not having an operating bar and kitchen is bad form - given all the other venues that could have hosted.

There is also little room for atmosphere given the setup of the ground.

As bad as the decision was last year to move the game, the Wynnum vs Woodsmen GF had a great atmosphere and well over 1,000 people would have lined one boundary and the open area at Yeronga, not just the 100 you suggest.

They won't get those numbers this year, because the location isn't ideal and its not a spectator friendly ground with the best vantage point being a construction site.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing surface and lighting are first class out there.

But for a Grand Final - not having an operating bar and kitchen is bad form - given all the other venues that could have hosted.

There is also little room for atmosphere given the setup of the ground.

As bad as the decision was last year to move the game, the Wynnum vs Woodsmen GF had a great atmosphere and well over 1,000 people would have lined one boundary and the open area at Yeronga, not just the 100 you suggest.

They won't get those numbers this year, because the location isn't ideal and its not a spectator friendly ground with the best vantage point being a construction site.

From my understanding, there will be a can bar operating at both ends of the ground. There will also be a bbq and a canteen operating.

The "construction" site has not been there for a few months. So basically, you have a ground with AFL standard lighting, a good surface, beer and food available around the ground and good dressing sheds.

Yet, here you all are, still crying about it. It's close to Kedron who were first in, it's 30 mins from the Woodsmen.

It's blokes like you lot that make me glad I have very little to do with footy any more.

From my understanding, there will be a can bar operating at both ends of the ground. There will also be a bbq and a canteen operating.

The "construction" site has not been there for a few months. So basically, you have a ground with AFL standard lighting, a good surface, beer and food available around the ground and good dressing sheds.

Yet, here you all are, still crying about it. It's close to Kedron who were first in, it's 30 mins from the Woodsmen.

It's blokes like you lot that make me glad I have very little to do with footy any more.

Compared to other grounds that were available to use, Zillmere falls short on every count.

It's Grand final, let's use the club that has the best facilities. Too much to ask?

Watch the grand final from the warmth of a clubhouse sipping a beer or standing on the sideline drinking tins from an esky?

It's blokes like you that make me glad you have little to do with footy anymore.

Compared to other grounds that were available to use, Zillmere falls short on every count.

It's Grand final, let's use the club that has the best facilities. Too much to ask?

Watch the grand final from the warmth of a clubhouse sipping a beer or standing on the sideline drinking tins from an esky?

It's blokes like you that make me glad you have little to do with footy anymore.

So your issue is you won't be able to drink a beer behind glass?

Sorry what were the better options ?????? Yeronga didn't want div 4. Cooparoo didn't want div 4. So what was the better options.

The best neutral ground available should be utilised. That hasn't been done. The failure of a fully functioning clubhouse is just an example.

The best neutral ground available should be utilised. That hasn't been done. The failure of a fully functioning clubhouse is just an example.

Which clubs that aren't playing and applied to host finals should of been used?

Sorry what were the better options ?????? Yeronga didn't want div 4. Cooparoo didn't want div 4. So what was the better options.

That comment is simply untrue. Don't know who you talk to, but I'd suggest checking your sources.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back