2015 QFA North

Remove this Banner Ad

MajorPayne

Senior List
Jul 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
has mayne had any retirements? will they keep this years squad together

How the Hornets looking? Any new recruits? Have heard Colvin from Pine Rivers has made the move. Any others to help them up the ladder?

Sir G

Club Legend
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
mayne tigers
Who will replace Kedron if they are dropping out? Maybe Redleggers can confirm

Sir G

Club Legend
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
mayne tigers
Saw Kedron's facebook page sounds like they are dropping out from what read

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MajorPayne

Senior List
Jul 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Kedron will dominate that comp if they retain their 2014 playing list.

Massive gap in quality.

Why would they drop down a div after playing finals if they kept the same list? Obviously must question their ability to remain competitive. Which is a pretty weak approach, look at Caboolture this year, copped floggings but stuck it out and haven't asked to be dropped down. New coach there and they could improve this year. Makes this comp very light on for teams...

combaning

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2009
AFL Club
GWS
2012-14 TAFL Premiers - New England Nomads of Armidale are hosting:

UNE Tablelands Cup

Saturday 28th March 2015

$1500 prize money

Limited places available

A great opportunity to get away with the team and play some decent footy against different clubs

Please read the formal invitation (attached below)

www.newenglandnomads.net

Attachments

• Invitation TC 2015.pdf
    129.6 KB · Views: 118

Sir G

Club Legend
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
mayne tigers
Can confirm tiger.

Kedron will now be in QAFA (A) comp.
This disappointing mate Kedron did so well this year but I understand why they had to do it. Hope they do well in the future hope they come back up one day soon!

Up North

Cancelled
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why would they drop down a div after playing finals if they kept the same list? Obviously must question their ability to remain competitive. Which is a pretty weak approach, look at Caboolture this year, copped floggings but stuck it out and haven't asked to be dropped down. New coach there and they could improve this year. Makes this comp very light on for teams...
MP, the issue with Kedron has always been a huge contingent of Army boys. While most of them are very handy footballers, unfortunately it is hard to count on them being around for obvious reasons. The club has always strived to play at the highest level available to them, but if the number of players I am hearing are leaving, they are in for an extremely long year in whichever comp they play in.

MajorPayne

Senior List
Jul 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
MP, the issue with Kedron has always been a huge contingent of Army boys. While most of them are very handy footballers, unfortunately it is hard to count on them being around for obvious reasons. The club has always strived to play at the highest level available to them, but if the number of players I am hearing are leaving, they are in for an extremely long year in whichever comp they play in.

Fair enough then I guess. Will they look to put anyone up into this comp? Swans or redcliffe? Both probably based on this year would be as good as caboolture?

sunnyman

Rookie
Aug 16, 2013
Nambour
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fair enough then I guess. Will they look to put anyone up into this comp? Swans or redcliffe? Both probably based on this year would be as good as caboolture?
The comp needs to have at least 8 teams imo, especially with a final 5.
You've got to wonder the wisdom of a club like Kedron recruiting to win a flag but not thinking long term enough to being able to even sustain staying in that comp the following year. Not the best model.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Final 4 if 8 teams i reckon. Agree, makes this comp a little light on. Not sure if you were to bring in any club that was "as good as Caboolture" this year is a step forward. I think even caboolture would agree that it was a waste of time. At the end of the day you want to be able to compete - be within 10 goals or so most weeks.

sunnyman

Rookie
Aug 16, 2013
Nambour
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good to see Nambour's new coach Elkington has bought across some boys from Maroochydore. We want Nambour to be stronger in 2015 too.

Snowy73

Debutant
Oct 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Good to see Nambour's new coach Elkington has bought across some boys from Maroochydore. We want Nambour to be stronger in 2015 too.
A couple of Maroochy players Yes. But he has chased players that have had a year off, looking for change or for what reasons wanted to move on. Never intended to take players from one club to make weaker, to make the other club stronger. He sees it as an oppurtunity to recruit players he believes in and that believe in him.

Snowy73

Debutant
Oct 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A couple of Maroochy players Yes. But he has chased players that have had a year off, looking for change or for what reasons wanted to move on. Never intended to take players from one club to make weaker, to make the other club stronger. He sees it as an oppurtunity to recruit players he believes in and that believe in him.
Also I think it is a shame about Kedron. Great Club, great people. Every club goes through players leaving in large numbers. Every Coast side has gone through it in the last five years. You need people around the club to be proud and strong and willing to take the hits, for the better of the club. Craig Scrase did a perfect job at Roos 4 years ok. Maybe the people at Kedron need to sit down with someone like him and listen to his story. Look at Maroochydore now. Fatastic Club, Fantastic Players, great people and volunteers.
Caloundra have had a similar story.
Get behind Kedron support them, help them take the hits and re-group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back