2015 QFA North

Remove this Banner Ad

Has the Mayne/uq game always been on oval 2, or did they change it?

Tough to pick that game actually. Seen Mayne the last few weeks and look very solid. Haven't seen UQ but seem to be playing well. Young side may get bullied perhaps? I'll go Mayne but only cause I have seen them blitz teams the last few weeks.

Tough to pick that game actually. Seen Mayne the last few weeks and look very solid. Haven't seen UQ but seem to be playing well. Young side may get bullied perhaps? I'll go Mayne but only cause I have seen them blitz teams the last few weeks.
Wouldn't under estimate UQ though considering they would recruited well for QAFL

I will back mayne to win by 10 goals.

depends if Faulks, Roper, Daly, Housego etc all play.

Mayne have some serious top end talent, but won't have the depth of a QAFL side.

For mine a full strength Tigers would beat UQ easily, but you never know if they have just 1 or 2 of the big guns out.

depends if Faulks, Roper, Daly, Housego etc all play.

Mayne have some serious top end talent, but won't have the depth of a QAFL side.

For mine a full strength Tigers would beat UQ easily, but you never know if they have just 1 or 2 of the big guns out.
Why arent Mayne in the QAFL then??

You would have to ask Mayne, but its not cheap to play in the QAFL.

But in the last season of Div 1 footy in 2013, they were a shitload better than UQ (as were Springwood) and they've recruited quality since then. (as have UQ)

Sandgate are in the QAFL - Mayne would beat them by 15 goals.

You would have to ask Mayne, but its not cheap to play in the QAFL.

But in the last season of Div 1 footy in 2013, they were a shitload better than UQ (as were Springwood) and they've recruited quality since then. (as have UQ)

Sandgate are in the QAFL - Mayne would beat them by 15 goals.
It doesn't make sense, going off the weekends results mayne up by 8 goals in 2nd qtr against Maroochy, they would beat sandgate by 15+ easily. Considering Maroochy beat Sandgate by 5 without two of their guns

You can't force a club to go into a comp they don't want to.

Mayne, Noosa and Springwood probably all should be.

Maybe they don't want to pay $60k to AFLQ for very little return though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why recruit and pay all this talent then if your goal isn't to move forward you can't tell me that their goal is to spend money to win flags in qfa

Why recruit and pay all this talent then if your goal isn't to move forward you can't tell me that their goal is to spend money to win flags in qfa

I'm sure they will look to do this one day but it takes a little bit of time to build a club back up Pie/Big E - yep they are very good right now, 4 years ago, putrid. I would imagine their admin are thinking "when the time is right" and that just doesn't involve on field fortunes but getting your ducks lined up off the field. Why go up and be ordinary?

Spot on QAFL - just bc a club plays in the QAFL does not mean it is better than ALL of the clubs below it, just as Caboolture would have been pole axed by a few QAFA sides last year..

Why not (if this indeed was their goal?). Comps all over Australia there are clubs that spend $300K + just to be the best in their comp - Sorrento is one for example. Why does everyone assume that a footy club wants to be in the highest division in the state, in any state??

Why not (if this indeed was their goal?). Comps all over Australia there are clubs that spend $300K + just to be the best in their comp - Sorrento is one for example. Why does everyone assume that a footy club wants to be in the highest division in the state, in any state??
I hear what your saying, but if your onfield output is far superior to the division you are playing, it makes the comp a little bit one sided.

Same can be said for Morningside in the QAFL. There is no easy fix, hopefully with time the comps will even out

who says they are spending money on recruiting players?

I doubt Mayne are dishing out big $ to their playing group. They are a great old club, but they wouldn't be competitive with the top half of the QAFL sides with their current list.

As I said, it aint cheap to play in the QAFL

10 goals, were they that good against maroochy??
Mayne came out in the 1st QTr kicked 8 goals to 0, AFLQ website are hyping UQ as hot favourites due to their QAFL status hope they are wrong

AFLQ would do that, they can't admit that there are QFA sides stronger than QAFL sides - despite it being clearly the case
It's a bit silly if they do, Mayne were offered to go up in QAFL but chose opted to stay down until they are ready.

It's a bit silly if they do, Mayne were offered to go up in QAFL but chose opted to stay down until they are ready.
Going to the QAFL or the QFA was a no brainer really...Mayne finished 6th in 2013...On averages that would mean we may have finished last in the QAFL...given most of our list hardly played a final in 10 years why would our committee subject loyal players to another year of getting pumped for the glory of playing QAFL it was a pragmatic decision based on getting our facilities and the like up to a QAFL standard as well as rewarding loyal servants with the opportunity for success most of these guys will retire in a year or two and we will be right back in the pack in the QFA...As for the game tomorrow me thinks UQ might go ok the opportunity to get some Silverware might fire em up a bit more...Mayne have a few out as well with niggles so they aren't taking any risks at this stage of the year...

Going to the QAFL or the QFA was a no brainer really...Mayne finished 6th in 2013...On averages that would mean we may have finished last in the QAFL...given most of our list hardly played a final in 10 years why would our committee subject loyal players to another year of getting pumped for the glory of playing QAFL it was a pragmatic decision based on getting our facilities and the like up to a QAFL standard as well as rewarding loyal servants with the opportunity for success most of these guys will retire in a year or two and we will be right back in the pack in the QFA...As for the game tomorrow me thinks UQ might go ok the opportunity to get some Silverware might fire em up a bit more...Mayne have a few out as well with niggles so they aren't taking any risks at this stage of the year...
Think you may of misunderstood my post, I was reffering to The AFLq being silly if they can't admit a QFA side can beat a QAFL side as QAFL_fan posted, I too think Mayne made the right decision not to go up. Up the Tige's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back