2015 QFA South

Remove this Banner Ad

BrotherofChunk

All Australian
Jun 19, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Robina appointed Tim Pearson as senior coach - very pleased to have him on board. Reasonable numbers early at training. Beau Davies hopefully over an injury that ruined his 2015.

Cooly I believe appointed former afl player tyson lane as coach - someone told me they were chasing former sun Tim Sumner which would be an impressive get if true.

karmaking

All Australian
Feb 2, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Robina appointed Tim Pearson as senior coach - very pleased to have him on board. Reasonable numbers early at training. Beau Davies hopefully over an injury that ruined his 2015.

Cooly I believe appointed former afl player tyson lane as coach - someone told me they were chasing former sun Tim Sumner which would be an impressive get if true.
Agree Tim Pearson great appointment, Do you think Tyson Lane will draw players to Cooly and get them back up BOC? And is Spook going around again?

BrotherofChunk

All Australian
Jun 19, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mate hard to say with lane. I understand he previously coach a women's team up here so he isn't likely to bring anyone from them to cooly :p

But he's a guy with considerable afl experience - it's definitely a step in the right direction for them. But as I said in a post last year from the sort of coin that was offered he would want to make a difference!!

I can confirm spook is definitely still round - as to whether he pulls the boots on again I'd say it's probably more then likely.

We have our 20 year celebration for the club this year and it's incredible to think he has played in every year the club has existed. I think he's in line for his 350th this year which is a massive achievement - something like 7 premierships and a couple of club and league b&fs - incredible durability.

Billy sea

Rookie
Feb 10, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was down the Coast last night and called in to have a sneak peak at robina training only to find nobody at the ground after making a few calls I found them to be training at a nearby rugby field
And train they did ,very pysical
Session and skills looked to be sharp for this time of year there would have been 30 plus on the track , did see a few good inclusions from last years list ,

karmaking

All Australian
Feb 2, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was down the Coast last night and called in to have a sneak peak at robina training only to find nobody at the ground after making a few calls I found them to be training at a nearby rugby field
And train they did ,very pysical
Session and skills looked to be sharp for this time of year there would have been 30 plus on the track , did see a few good inclusions from last years list ,
Big improvement at the Roos this year Billy with your mate coaching them

KP number 4

Senior List
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Mate hard to say with lane. I understand he previously coach a women's team up here so he isn't likely to bring anyone from them to cooly :p

But he's a guy with considerable afl experience - it's definitely a step in the right direction for them. But as I said in a post last year from the sort of coin that was offered he would want to make a difference!!

I can confirm spook is definitely still round - as to whether he pulls the boots on again I'd say it's probably more then likely.

We have our 20 year celebration for the club this year and it's incredible to think he has played in every year the club has existed. I think he's in line for his 350th this year which is a massive achievement - something like 7 premierships and a couple of club and league b&fs - incredible durability.

Just Read on the Coolangatta page that Tyson lane has resigned,

np_#1

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2011
beenleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Went and trained at Robina last night . Beau Davies is lethal I've never seen someone with such poise and skill even just on a training track . I reckon they will crack finals for sure and go deep . as for the level of training, timmy won't die wondering I'm wrecked . Absolutely spent.

BrotherofChunk

All Australian
Jun 19, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
KP - yeah I hear that it's an absolute sh't fight down there. I reckon they are in all sorts.

NP- i saw you were after a training jumper as well - did someone sort that out for you?
Yeah beau is a jet - ripping bloke to boot. Scary part is, his brother is by all accounts the best player in the family. Fair to say we have been trying to get him from vico for the last 3 years!! I heard there was some challenging pyramid running done last night. Having finally retired I haven't been down this year, but from everyone I've spoken too they are really enjoying having him down there.

np_#1

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2011
beenleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
KP - yeah I hear that it's an absolute sh't fight down there. I reckon they are in all sorts.

NP- i saw you were after a training jumper as well - did someone sort that out for you?
Yeah beau is a jet - ripping bloke to boot. Scary part is, his brother is by all accounts the best player in the family. Fair to say we have been trying to get him from vico for the last 3 years!! I heard there was some challenging pyramid running done last night. Having finally retired I haven't been down this year, but from everyone I've spoken too they are really enjoying having him down there.

Yeah mate got me a hat and the new training top . I've heard that about his brother and they're telling me he's on board very handy . The tackling training was by far the most intense under fatigue I've done . If nothing else the boys will be fit and hard . With the inclusion of a couple of vic boys that I personally know I honestly think they will challenge this season . Seem like a good tight group to. Can't wait to watch them gel .

I think Springwood are still the major threat in this comp tho to much quality and guns in every single line .

Who's taking over cooly job . That's a massive set back for a struggling team as it was . Hope they find there feet no one likes seeing teams subject to 150+ point losses every single week it's unhealthy for footy .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twinkle_Toes

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Should definitely see some improvement from Robina this year but it will be hard to knockout sides like Springwood, coorparoo, Burleigh, Kenmore from top 4--- I'll go for Robina to finish fifth

BrotherofChunk

All Australian
Jun 19, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not sure where to from here for cooly - definitely not the start to 2016 they would have been hoping for.
I think the Kings will be the benchmark - a few quality inclusions from QAFL from what I am hearing.
Springwood will be interesting - few blokes having hung them up or gone elsewhere after 2 flags will test their depth as to state the obvious, to miss the finals in the twos after winning it in 14 shows the dropped off a bit.
Not hearing a lot out of Burleigh which in itself is interesting. Wise obviously retiring would hurt.
I expect bond to be very competitive. Any team with the quality of Ben Merritt in the ruck is going to be a massive chance to give its midfield first use.
Shaping as another competitive year across the park - unlike the north comp which sits at a 6 team comp.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Coorparoo have allegedly picked up a few retiring Panthers of very good quality, obviously through the Lake connection.

They are a pretty old side though, so will want some depth.

swamp13

Senior List
Aug 27, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man utd, San Antonio, taker

With him in and a good tap ruckman, Robina will be back up there again. Imo the best player I've played against. Tore us to shreds and wasn't arrogant about it either.

lifeisfooty

Rookie
Mar 30, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Saw an Alex Hills training last night. New coach is doing wonders for the fitness of the guys a lot tighter group then I have seen in recent years. Not a heap of new players only 1 that looks to be a real standout

np_#1

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2011
beenleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saw an Alex Hills training last night. New coach is doing wonders for the fitness of the guys a lot tighter group then I have seen in recent years. Not a heap of new players only 1 that looks to be a real standout

Ash templar? ? Heard he was heading back to Alex !

Springwood Puma

Draftee
Feb 8, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
obviously have no official role at the club this year but have had it confirmed that Rhan Hooper was signed sealed delivered today at Springwood :thumbsu:

Correct Lensen plus another 2 great pick ups in Dan Hunt and Scott Jamieson. Hopefully a couple more announcements to come over the next couple of weeks as well. PS: You won't have to do my dirty work from now on

Jul 16, 2010
moree
AFL Club
Collingwood
Correct Lensen plus another 2 great pick ups in Dan Hunt and Scott Jamieson. Hopefully a couple more announcements to come over the next couple of weeks as well. PS: You won't have to do my dirty work from now on
Who Is Scott Jamieson?
Google tells me Dan Hunt has a solid footy resume to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back