2015 QFA South

Remove this Banner Ad

switchingplay

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2011
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Give me a spell twinkle toes, they're amateurs who need to get through a full season and more importantly stay motivated, im sure they are keen to be playing now but what about in June/July!

Twinkle_Toes

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Give me a spell twinkle toes, they're amateurs who need to get through a full season and more importantly stay motivated, im sure they are keen to be playing now but what about in June/July!
I don't disagree with you, I think starting in October is way too early and even November is a bit of a stretch for this level of footy. I just noticed your last couple of posts were pretty scathing of clubs imitating elite afl methods.

Bunyip62

Senior List
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Premiers played Sandgate today...what was the result?

Sandgate by a couple of goals in the Ressies and about 5 in the Seniors. both teams undermanned but a good hitout. Nothing in in it till the last 10 minutes when Sangates stronger fitness showed and they kicked the last 5

Northside Nomad

Debutant
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Sandgate by a couple of goals in the Ressies and about 5 in the Seniors. both teams undermanned but a good hitout. Nothing in in it till the last 10 minutes when Sangates stronger fitness showed and they kicked the last 5

Sounds like a good hit out for both sides then...I know Springwood have a function tonight, so it wasn't a full game plus time on. Positive signs for both?

Bunyip62

Senior List
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Sounds like a good hit out for both sides then...I know Springwood have a function tonight, so it wasn't a full game plus time on. Positive signs for both?
Yep definitely good signs for both teams. Don't know too much about the Hawks guys but some impressive showings from some of Springwoods new and younger players. No not a full game, way too hot for that!!

Northside Nomad

Debutant
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Yep definitely good signs for both teams. Don't know too much about the Hawks guys but some impressive showings from some of Springwoods new and younger players. No not a full game, way too hot for that!!

Glad to hear - my mail is hawks were missing a few, as were the Pumas. Not sure if they were top end talent or not. Certainly a step up for Sandgate from their game last week. I know a few on this forum have been critical of their practice match schedule - I hear they were going to play Aspley QFA (North) but they were unable to field 2 x teams. Congrats to Springwood to put 2 sides together at short notice...

Bunyip62

Senior List
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Glad to hear - my mail is hawks were missing a few, as were the Pumas. Not sure if they were top end talent or not. Certainly a step up for Sandgate from their game last week. I know a few on this forum have been critical of their practice match schedule - I hear they were going to play Aspley QFA (North) but they were unable to field 2 x teams. Congrats to Springwood to put 2 sides together at short notice...
4 or 5 doubled up but all up I think there were 40ish guys turn up, and with about a dozen or so unavailable yes the Pumas numbers are pretty good for this time of the year, certainly better than last year when a lot of Colts boys were required to help out. The depth of quality of all these guys we'll find out over the next few months. Yes I believe that there was a fair bit of top end quality missing from Sandgate too, not sure who, like I said I don't know enough about them, that's just what I overheard at the game.

From the boundary

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2012
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Melbourne
RESULTS
POOL A

Surfers Paradise 9.10.64 defeated by Broadbeach 11.6.72

Labrador 10.11.71 defeated Palm Beach Currumbin 2.7.19

Mt Gravatt 10.9.69 defeated Morningside 5.9.39

Wilston Grange 10.4.64 defeated Western Magpies 6.6.42

POOL B

Coorparoo 17.14.116 defeated Burleigh 3.7.25

Sandgate 13.4.82 defeated UQ 11.5.71

Wynnum 1.1.7 defeated by Caloundra 18.14.112

Mayne 8.17.65 defeated Springwood 8.6.54

POOL C

Kenmore 15.7.97 defeated Bond University 7.3.45

Yeronga South Brisbane 5.9.39 defeated by Aspley 14.23.107

Alexandra Hills 9.12.66 defeated by Moreton Bay 11.10.76

Coolangatta Tweed 4.4.28 defeated by Robina 12.16.88

POOL D

Nambour 0.1.1 defeated by Park Ridge 24.13.157

Southeast Suns 12.8.80 defeated Ipswich 8.3.51

Victoria Point 5.5.35 defeated by Kedron 12.7.79

Coomera 10.8.68 defeated Carrara 8.8.56

Northside Nomad

Debutant
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Few mixed results yesterday. Does anyone know what sort of sides were rolled out? Yeronga v Aspley very one-sided by all reports. Springwood v Mayne sounds like it was a cracker...many inclusions for the side that played Sandgate last week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunyip62

Senior List
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Few mixed results yesterday. Does anyone know what sort of sides were rolled out? Yeronga v Aspley very one-sided by all reports. Springwood v Mayne sounds like it was a cracker...many inclusions for the side that played Sandgate last week?
Didn't see the game unfortunately but I do know Springwood were well down in personnel again (about 8 of their best 22 unavailable) but I wouldn't think that Mayne would have been at full strength either. A close but pretty scrappy affair by all reports, Mayne having 11 more scoring shots could have won by plenty more so it would appear that they were stronger on the day. Interestingly not one QFA Southside club beat a QFA Northside club, Mayne beat Springwood, Aspley beat Yeronga, Moreton Bay beat Alex Hills and Caloundra beat Wynnum (although Wynnum aren't a QFA side they are South technically). I wonder if that says anything about the comparative strengths of the 2 comps or was it just the way footy goes sometimes.

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Korey Fulton is back for more, almost guarantees Robina some GF heartbreak - it's his specialty!

Yes I see that ,,, played last season a number of games down in a minor league in victoria and averaged some 4 goals a game .
The guy is some 38 or 39 years of age ..... unreal .. will most likely bag 60 to 70 plus goals this year.
Ive followed his career and to my calculations he must of kicked some 1150 to 1200 goals in his career,,,, a amazing effort ,,,

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
One position on the ground where you can get away playing until you are 45 depending on the level and of course how relatively fit you want to be. Most coaches couldnt give a stuff if you are 6 kegs overweight and cant chase down your direct opponent if you average 6 every week!

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
One position on the ground where you can get away playing until you are 45 depending on the level and of course how relatively fit you want to be. Most coaches couldnt give a stuff if you are 6 kegs overweight and cant chase down your direct opponent if you average 6 every week!

SMY,
mate this guy is not overweight at all ,,, is as fit as many guys half his age on the field....

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He's not 45 either Stuy.....
I wasnt talking about him specifically but just stating that FF is the one position on the round that you can get away with being a fat bastard if you are indeed good enough and the standard is about "right". Age matters not for this position imo and if Fulton wanted to play until he was 45 he probably could at this level bc he is obviously still reaasonably fit (tanks Stuy) and smarts dont diminish and pace is not relevant if you can use your body or know where to run. Plus a guy who kicks straight invariably always kicks straight..

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He's not 45 either Stuy.....
I wasnt talking about him specifically but just stating that FF is the one position on the round that you can get away with being a fat bastard if you are indeed good enough and the standard is about "right". Age matters not for this position imo and if Fulton wanted to play until he was 45 he probably could at this level bc he is obviously still reaasonably fit (tanks Stuy) and smarts dont diminish and pace is not relevant if you can use your body or know where to run. Plus a guy who kicks straight invariably always kicks straight..

Yeah, agree where you are coming from,, Fults is no big tall full forward,,, is about 5 10 plus and of a good physical build ,,, I just take my hat off to him for what he has achieved in his individual career . Is a great record for what one would call a small full forward !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back