2015 QFA South

Remove this Banner Ad

Enough about coomera, let's hope they just had a bad week & they can get the numbers on the park going forward.

Anything else happening out there?
No late recruits anywhere rolling in to bolster up the list coming into the 2nd half of the year?
Hopefully an exciting fight for home ground advantage / double chances in the top 5 with an even spread & a recent in form robina finding a formula that seems to work after pushing the Kings all day & knocking off the premiers.
Keen to see results at the end of the day in the Kenmore v springwood & bond v Coorparoo games.

Good luck to the mighty Coomera magpies tomorrow, shooting for two in a row ! And to think some people wanted to boot them out of the comp this time last week!!!

(This page doesn't get a lot of traffic, does it!)
If you're looking for a local game to watch today, & not quite sure which one to attend, why not head along to Cansdale St, Yeronga & check out the Devils' 1000th Senior game.
This relates to the modern era of the Club when they returned to Senior football in 1967.
Yeronga is playing Coorparoo in a "Top of the Table" clash. There is so much to like about this game. Hopefully we might see you there.

the bloke from the Devils on The Recruit, complete douche.

I reckon his IQ is his jumper number

smy1305 Indeed! After 7 consecutive wins to start the season, they are then followed by 2 wins from the next 7 games. It certainly looks grim.

On face value, Yeronga V Burleigh today almost looks like an elimination final. However, that will not be the case - the Devils finish off the season with games against Coomera and Alexandra Hills, so I assume they will make the Top Five. Round 18 presents Kenmore V Burleigh - conversely, this could prove to be a very telling game.

Perhaps at the start of the year, Yeronga over-achieved whilst other clubs were still getting themselves sorted. Personally, I think the club potentially has some surprises left in them this year. Hopefully, they can get it altogether in time. There is still good cause to be optimistic.

As mentioned elsewhere, I am helping the good people of QAFF (Queensland Australian Football Forensics - check us out at www.q150.net.au) to write the 150-year history of Australian Football in Queensland. A mighty project nearing completion.
My personal area of focus includes the SQAFA/BAFL era.
I need your help! I am looking for "publishable" photos, particularly game day photos, from participating SQAFA/BAFL clubs of the 70s, 80s, & 90s. If you can assist, please feel free to contact me directly - or post here.
I am certain there are some classic photos out there waiting to be rediscovered.
Thanks for your help.

So I was under the impression that Burleigh made the reserves finals with a higher percentage and now there not playing for some reason can someone confirm this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeronga had a forfeit against Coomera and weren't given the appropriate % boost. I'm not sure what the rule is, but I think its the right result as you can't just have a forfeit against the bottom side and not get any % benefit. (Apparently you are meant to have 100 added to your 'for' and your against remains as is?)

Bit like the seniors ladder, where the wash out round was declared a draw. Kenmore were playing Coolangatta and would have smashed them, while Bond were playing Springwood. Makes a huge different to the final ladder when you have a wash out, given the 3 teams in this comp that were essentially a 'bye' for the better sides. You would have to suggest Bond and Yeronga got a free 2 points, while Kenmore and Burleigh missed out on 2 points and % as well

Kenmore may have finished as high as 3rd if it weren't for the washout in the Seniors

Yeronga had a forfeit against Coomera and weren't given the appropriate % boost. I'm not sure what the rule is, but I think its the right result as you can't just have a forfeit against the bottom side and not get any % benefit. (Apparently you are meant to have 100 added to your 'for' and your against remains as is?)

Bit like the seniors ladder, where the wash out round was declared a draw. Kenmore were playing Coolangatta and would have smashed them, while Bond were playing Springwood. Makes a huge different to the final ladder when you have a wash out, given the 3 teams in this comp that were essentially a 'bye' for the better sides. You would have to suggest Bond and Yeronga got a free 2 points, while Kenmore and Burleigh missed out on 2 points and % as well

Kenmore may have finished as high as 3rd if it weren't for the washout in the Seniors

The rule is that at the end of the season the forfeiters average for and against is calculated and added to the for and against of the team that didn't forfeit

Good result for Yeronga given they have now made the prelim

Got drenched watching Kings vs Pumas on Saturday in a very scrappy game. Shame the weather ruined what was promising to be one of the better GF's in SEQ, with 2 very very good teams going at it.

In the end, Kings were deserving Premiers after a bit of a lottery of a game, they happened to be in front when the siren went but were the best team across the full season.

Got drenched watching Kings vs Pumas on Saturday in a very scrappy game. Shame the weather ruined what was promising to be one of the better GF's in SEQ, with 2 very very good teams going at it.

In the end, Kings were deserving Premiers after a bit of a lottery of a game, they happened to be in front when the siren went but were the best team across the full season.

Spoke to some Mayne players that were watching who believe that the talk of the north being greater as rubbish. haven't watched much north but interesting to hear it come from the premiers

Mayne accounted for Coorparoo easily earlier in the year, The Coorparoo players I know said they were a class above and far better drilled and much fitter.

Mayne earlier this year were a shadow of what they were producing later in the year, so I'd say they the south have a fair bit of ground to make up.

The gap will close naturally.

Mayne have won 3 on the trot, but they were a better side in 2014 than they are now, while Coorparoo for example have probably improved significantly since 2014.

Blokes like Faulkner and Housego, if they even play, will be another year older and Caleb Brown isn't getting any younger. They have won 3 on the trot in the 2's as well though, so they're not going to fall off a cliff.

Will be interesting to see how UQ go in Div 1. If they retain their QAFL list and don't lose too many, then they will be right up there. I suspect a few will jump ship to other QAFL clubs though, at least their handful of elite talent anyway.

The gap will close naturally.

Mayne have won 3 on the trot, but they were a better side in 2014 than they are now, while Coorparoo for example have probably improved significantly since 2014.

Blokes like Faulkner and Housego, if they even play, will be another year older and Caleb Brown isn't getting any younger. They have won 3 on the trot in the 2's as well though, so they're not going to fall off a cliff.

Will be interesting to see how UQ go in Div 1. If they retain their QAFL list and don't lose too many, then they will be right up there. I suspect a few will jump ship to other QAFL clubs though, at least their handful of elite talent anyway.

Everyone @ Mayne is looking fwd to the comp next year...I agree it will be a lot more even and a terrible start like Mayne had this season will not be recoverable like it was in the 6 team comp they were in this season..Faulkner definately retired...Housego will go again definitely over the injuries of the past seasons and I'm backing a big year from him should break the games record at Mayne too which is another reason to keep him motivated...Brown can play for a few years yet still heaps of talent on the list and I still can't believe how many of our players just fly under the radar completely...Other than that the rest of the list is intact but I'm sure the Aspley in the NEAFL might change that over the summer got there eye on a few of our players which is not saying much for the talent available at the other QAFL clubs...

How long ago are you talking Damo??? Bc I cant remember UQ ever really dominating at any point, Caloundra never did any good once the BAFL was formed and Coorparoo - again never sat near the top for any length of time.
As for Aspley - well they bought half of Nth Brisb when they folded so did okay for a little while... :)

Everyone @ Mayne is looking fwd to the comp next year...I agree it will be a lot more even and a terrible start like Mayne had this season will not be recoverable like it was in the 6 team comp they were in this season..Faulkner definately retired...Housego will go again definitely over the injuries of the past seasons and I'm backing a big year from him should break the games record at Mayne too which is another reason to keep him motivated...Brown can play for a few years yet still heaps of talent on the list and I still can't believe how many of our players just fly under the radar completely...Other than that the rest of the list is intact but I'm sure the Aspley in the NEAFL might change that over the summer got there eye on a few of our players which is not saying much for the talent available at the other QAFL clubs...

You serious Tiger?? Why would Aspley be targeting your blokes? Some damn good footballers there but like you said, doesnt say much for QAFL talent...

Fawks will be a big loss - surprised re Housego but good luck to him. Deserves to break the record based purely on his loyalty during really dark days of the footy club.

How long ago are you talking Damo??? Bc I cant remember UQ ever really dominating at any point, Caloundra never did any good once the BAFL was formed and Coorparoo - again never sat near the top for any length of time.
As for Aspley - well they bought half of Nth Brisb when they folded so did okay for a little while... :)
From 2007 Caloundra uq and coorparoo played off in most grand finals. Add Wynnum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back