Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Take Oliver out of the dees side and they still could win a flag. Put Charlie in rampant form into the dees side and they definitely would win it.

No disrespect to Oliver who is a great player.

Take Oliver out of the dees side and they still could win a flag. Put Charlie in rampant form into the dees side and they definitely would win it.

No disrespect to Oliver who is a great player.

Curnow's best is definitely better.

Have to consider career impact though with Oliver already having played 50 more games and Curnow's knee already restricting his training work loads.

Have to consider career impact though with Oliver already having played 50 more games and Curnow's knee already restricting his training work loads.
Agreed but Charlie hadn't missed a game for over 2 years whilst Clarrie missed almost half of this year with a hammy. Who knows what the future holds.

50 more games is significant but I'm not sure Curnow's training loads is of any relevance. He's just won back to back Coleman medals and there's no indication that the injury will impact him in any way going forward.

50 more games is significant but I'm not sure Curnow's training loads is of any relevance. He's just won back to back Coleman medals and there's no indication that the injury will impact him in any way going forward.

Agreed but Charlie hadn't missed a game for over 2 years whilst Clarrie missed almost half of this year with a hammy. Who knows what the future holds.

Have been told he's only capable of light duties mid week to manage the knee which doesn't bode well for a 26 year old.

To be fair on the other hand KPF seem to be the archetype of player that are having the longest careers these days so it could definitely go the other way

Still has to manage the pain in his knee, so hopefully it improves over time.

Oliver has a far better record in finals. It’s not everything however Oliver has stood up consistently in finals. I reckon it’s harder for key forwards and Curnow will get plenty more goes at it.

If you could wind back the clock, Melbourne wouldn't change their selection to Curnow. Clarry is well ahead in the career stakes and Curnow is unlikely to overtake him.

The Dees would take Curnow with its second pick by surety now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 seasons on, has been a pretty good draft
Top 10 for me;

1-Oliver
2-Curnow
3-Dunkley
4-Houston
5-Weitering
6-Parish
7-Dawson
8-Rioli
9-Redman
10-H.McKay

Where's Papley?

Also, I'd swap Parish and Dawson around.

Hmm

I think the top 5 is clearly Oliver, Curnow, Weitering, H.Mckay and Dunkley.

Parish, Dawson and Houston a level below.

Then Hopper, Rioli, Himmelberg and Redman below that
Hopper and HH have been good at times, but not enough for top 10....for me anyway.

I don't have Harry in the top 5. Houston is a far better player, far more consistently. Lucky he makes the 10 if im honest
EDIT - forgot Papley. he's not top 10

Last edited:
I always wanted Curnow at the Weideman pick. Watching Curnow go about it hurts given we need a key forward. We also skipped over McKay. Weideman looked so good in the 2018 finals. Just never took the next step.

I always wanted Curnow at the Weideman pick. Watching Curnow go about it hurts given we need a key forward. We also skipped over McKay. Weideman looked so good in the 2018 finals. Just never took the next step.
my original wishlist was Oliver + Francis.
once you guys took Oliver, it was Francis + Curnow. Who i saw as the next most talented kids.

Reckon Dawson is the underrated player on these lists. At an All-Australian, club captain level and super consistent over recent years.

I'd have him at #3 behind only Oliver and Curnow.

Best team....

B: Doedee, Wietering, Mills
HB: Rioli, Himmelberg, Redman
C: Ah Chee, Dawson, Parish
HF: Houston, Curnow, Hipwood
F: Papley, H McKay, Gresham
R: Flynn, Dunkley, Oliver
I: Broad, Hopper, Milera, Burton
Sub: Menegola
E: B McKay, Hardwick, Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back