Ryan Burton

Best General Forwards (good list here)

Jade Gresham
Sam Menegola
Tippa
Tom Papley
Daniel Rioli
Wayne Milera

Just wondering how you get Francis before Doedee?

I like the look of Francis but Doedee has more runs on the board

Just wondering how you get Francis before Doedee?

I like the look of Francis but Doedee has more runs on the board
I agree. On current output I’d say Dodee no doubt. Someone will probably post a stat comparison of them no doubt and I wouldn’t disagree. I’d switch them for now, but if I had to choose, I’d pick Francis on potential.

Will make the change to my original post.

I agree. On current output I’d say Dodee no doubt. Someone will probably post a stat comparison of them no doubt and I wouldn’t disagree. I’d switch them for now, but if I had to choose, I’d pick Francis on potential.

Will make the change to my original post.

All good, if you are posting on potential. No doubt you can see the potential of Francis. I know it was only a JLT game yesterday but Doedee looked like stepping up again.

Should be 3 really good taller defenders in Doedee, Francis and Weitering if he can switch it on this year

Last edited:
Do
All good, if you are posting on potential. No doubt you can see the potential of Francis. I know it was only a JLT game yesterday but Doedee looked like stepping up again.

Should be 3 really good taller defenders in Doedee, Francis and Weitering if he can switch it on this year
Dodee definitely has the runs on the board so he should be up top. Francis i like more on potential but his last handful of games last year show to me he’s already ahead of Weitering.

Not a bad group if Weiterings the worst of the bunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with the fishbowl which I’m part of but it’s just the biased viewpoints of supporters. Just have a look at the top tens they put up some players that have done nothing in the top ten.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree with the fishbowl which I’m part of but it’s just the biased viewpoints of supporters. Just have a look at the top tens they put up some players that have done nothing in the top ten.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I do get that and it's what I expect. I dont expect to be attached fir daring to suggest Himmelburg is better than Wiedeman though. I thought the thread needed a push in the other direction.

Do

Dodee definitely has the runs on the board so he should be up top. Francis i like more on potential but his last handful of games last year show to me he’s already ahead of Weitering.

Francis has unbelievable potential. Could very well end his career in the top few of this draft class if he pulls it together.

Playing 3rd tall is a far easier roll to play, especial in the first few years of a career.

Playing defence in a poor side is also significantly greater challenge.

Yep and Dodee is doing it best.

Sometimes it’s harder to crack a good team and play well than be gifted games because the talent in a poor side isn’t there.
The point you seem to have missed is, Weitering doesn't play the role of 3rd tall so he shouldn't be directly compared to Dodee.

On you second point, while it is definately easier to get games in a poor team, but as we aren't arguing that the best player is the one that has played the most games it is kind of irrelevant. I would dispute it is ever easier for young players to play well in a bad side than a good one.

The point you seem to have missed is, Weitering doesn't play the role of 3rd tall so he shouldn't be directly compared to Dodee.

On you second point, while it is definately easier to get games in a poor team, but as we aren't arguing that the best player is the one that has played the most games it is kind of irrelevant. I would dispute it is ever easier for young players to play well in a bad side than a good one.
I’ve put the key/intercept defenders in one group. That’s how I’ve ranked them. Happy for you to disagree on the rankings but thats how I see them.

Also, if you want to assess players based on the strength of the side they play in, feel free to. I believe a good player performs in good or bad sides.

And on the point I’ve seemed to have missed, where does Weitering play exactly to excel in his role? In year one he did well as the loose man in defence. In year two Bolton ruined him by moving him forward. Last year he moved back to defence.

He had a high % of intercept marks, but was below average in one on one contests (9th worst of any key defender in the afl). He was also the worst of any key defender to defend a mark from a opponent lead- conceding a mark 86% of the time an opponent led, the worst in the afl.

Seems like he’s better suited to be a third tall intercept defender, as he leaks ball down back playing on opponents.

I’m tipping improvement for Jacob in 2019, but don’t rate him ahead of Dodee and Francis.

Vic fishbowl.

Wiederman over Himmelburg is absurd as well.

I do get that and it's what I expect. I dont expect to be attached fir daring to suggest Himmelburg is better than Wiedeman though. I thought the thread needed a push in the other direction.
Rather than going with the "woe-is-me", Vic bias stuff, it might pay you to go back to the first few posts of this thread, which clearly show that this thread is asking who you would pick first if the draft was redone now.

Not "who has performed best to this point in time".

Hence some listing the taller, slower burning types that they reckon will be the best going forward over others who might have outperformed them to this point in time.

It's about who you'd want from now, going forward, not who's done best to this point in time.

Rather than going with the "woe-is-me", Vic bias stuff, it might pay you to go back to the first few posts of this thread, which clearly show that this thread is asking who you would pick if the draft was redone now.

Hence some listing the taller, slower burning types that they reckon will be the best going forward over others who might have outperformed them to this point in time.
I do get that. Not really seeing your point.

Rather than going with the "woe-is-me", Vic bias stuff, it might pay you to go back to the first few posts of this thread, which clearly show that this thread is asking who you would pick first if the draft was redone now.

It's about who you'd want from now, going forward, not who's done best to this point in time.

I thought it was redo the draft. So who has performed best.

So obviously Oliver goes number 1 because he has performed the best.

I thought it was redo the draft. So who has performed best.

So obviously Oliver goes number 1 because he has performed the best.f

I still reckon Melbourne would swap Ollie (good as he is) for Charlie Curnow in a heart beat.

But who cares either way, both are future champions of the game, Brisbane fudged up with Schache with pick 2, but got Hipwood later on, so it evened itself out .i
Hope Milera goes on with this year for your lads, he can seriously play.

I still reckon Melbourne would swap Ollie (good as he is) for Charlie Curnow in a heart beat.

But who cares either way, both are future champions of the game, Brisbane fudged up with Schache with pick 2, but got Hipwood later on, so it evened itself out .i
Hope Milera goes on with this year for your lads, he can seriously play.

Not a hope in hell they would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back