Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

CBF but Parish around 6 to 8. Great talent.
I’d say on potential he is
But I’d like to see a little more growth and some more games like Friday night before I call him top 10.

He was a safe pick for us when we needed midfield depth
Zero issue with the selection

I’d say on potential he is
But I’d like to see a little more growth and some more games like Friday night before I call him top 10.

He was a safe pick for us when we needed midfield depth
Zero issue with the selection
Ive said all along he is a bloody fine player, the criticism of him has been ridiculously unfair

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Ive said all along he is a bloody fine player, the criticism of him has been ridiculously unfair

We didn’t help by playing a natural ball hunting mid as a forward so we could keep D Myers in the team. No coincidence that once Dave dropped himself Darcy has flourished. He’s probably in the 6-10 range right now but improving. Not sure he’s gonna catch Oliver/Dunkley but he’s contributing in a meaningful way to a side that will likely make the 8 despite a challenging injury list of late.

Several players moving around in the rankings and it will be good to see at the end of the year peoples thoughts, Himmelberg a favourite of mine after the weekends performance and hopefully another 8 good games from him to finish the year

not sure how long since i previously posted a list.

My near end of 2019 rankings
1-Oliver
2-Dunkley
3-Curnow
4-Weitering
5-Hopper
6-McDonald-Tipungwuti
7-Fiorini
8-Hipwood
9-Milera
10-Phillips
11-Himmelberg
12-Doedee
13-Burton
14-Mills
15-Gresham
16-McKay
17-Parish
18-Keath
19-Redman

Last edited:

1-Oliver
2-Dunkley
3-Curnow
4-Weitering
5-Hopper
6-McDonald-Tipungwuti
7-Fiorini
8-Hipwood
9-Milera
10-Phillips
11-Doedee
12-Keath
13-Burton
14-Mills
15-Gresham
16-McKay
17-Parish
18-Greenwood
19-Redman

Good list - McKay a little low IMO.

Tippa the hardest to rate - the gap between his best and worst is massive. He can go from BOG to WOG from week to week.

Good list - McKay a little low IMO.

Tippa the hardest to rate - the gap between his best and worst is massive. He can go from BOG to WOG from week to week.
McKay is still doing it in patches for me at the moment.
I am confident he will continue to grow and make top 10. Kid is an awesome talent. Blues smashed this draft nicely.

Tippa i have rated on his ability to be a game winner, even without kicking a ton (Friday night for example, his pressure and influence were crucial).

i have normally reserved putting him high on my list, but i'd now have him in Essendon's top 5 in terms of importance. And lets be honest, his talent can't be disputed. Just his consistency to date. But i feel that's no longer an issue either.

Francis played a pearler on Friday night rediscovering his form from the end of 2018. Love the footy in his hands.

Still a long way to go consistency-wise but would love for him to play more footy like Friday night, he’s a confidence player so hopefully that kicks him into gear.

Francis played a pearler on Friday night rediscovering his form from the end of 2018. Love the footy in his hands.

Still a long way to go consistency-wise but would love for him to play more footy like Friday night, he’s a confidence player so hopefully that kicks him into gear.

He’s a very good kick of the footy, have seen him take on and make some rediculous passes, way too many times to call them flukey, creativity off the charts,
Loved his high marking as a junior, hopefully that starts to show in the big time soon.

Last edited:
Not saying Parish should be top ten but there's no way I'm taking Milera over him.
It's harder to find a winger with the talent of milera. Could easily become one of the top few in this draft. Parish on the otherhand is a dime a dozen midfielder that is a good all round footballer but no standout attributes. He is good I agree but it is easier to find a player like him than a player with milera skillset

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Houston is massively under rated. Having a better season/career than Mills. Could be top 10 definately top 20.

Was hoping SOS had seen enough of him at Greythorn to take him as a rookie. Hard at it and a great kick.

Well ahead of defenders like Burton and Redman
Dan Houston is becoming one of our best defenders. He's certainly the most reliable. Probably not a one on one defender though.

Are there people who would take Oliver over Dunkley after the way Oliver spat the dummy at Bayley Fritsch on Friday? I wouldn't want someone like that at my club.

1-Oliver
2-Dunkley
3-Curnow
4-Weitering
5-Hopper
6-McDonald-Tipungwuti
7-Fiorini
8-Hipwood
9-Milera
10-Phillips
11-Himmelberg
12-Doedee
13-Burton
14-Mills
15-Gresham
16-McKay
17-Parish
18-Keath
19-Redman
There's not many on that list I'd take ahead of Harry McKay to be honest. 200+ cm key forwards who move like he does, and works hard when he hasn't got the ball are hard to find.

Top 20
1. Clayton Oliver
2. Josh Dunkley
3. Jacob Hopper
4. Charlie Curnow
5. Jade Gresham
6. Eric Hipwood
7. Harry McKay
8. Jacob Weitering
9. Tom Phillips
10. Blake Hardwick
11. Darcy Parish
12. Harrison Himmleberg
13. Callum Mills
14. Ryan Burton
15. Brayden Fiorini
16. Daniel Rioli
17. Tom Doedee
18. Mason Redman
19. Jordan Dawson
20. Marcus Adams

I think Clayton Oliver's season has been pretty underrated. His main role is as an in-and-under ball winner and distributor for his teammates. He can run and carry and be the finisher also but it's not his forte. With Brayshaw, Viney and Jones all massively underachieving in 2019, it's hard to see how Clayton Oliver could have played much better given the form of the players around him. Dunkley's support cast of Bont, Macrae and Hunter go a long way to making sure that his work doesn't go unnoticed.

Much like last year, Oliver still ranks #1 in contested possessions and in the top handful for disposals, tackles and clearances. If his cohort pulled their fingers out and were prepared to benefit from his handiwork, Oliver would be commemorated for having another amazing season.

I think Clayton Oliver's season has been pretty underrated. His main role is as an in-and-under ball winner and distributor for his teammates. He can run and carry and be the finisher also but it's not his forte. With Brayshaw, Viney and Jones all massively underachieving in 2019, it's hard to see how Clayton Oliver could have played much better given the form of the players around him. Dunkley's support cast of Bont, Macrae and Hunter go a long way to making sure that his work doesn't go unnoticed.

Much like last year, Oliver still ranks #1 in contested possessions and in the top handful for disposals, tackles and clearances. If his cohort pulled their fingers out and were prepared to benefit from his handiwork, Oliver would be commemorated for having another amazing season.
He could start by not whinging to Bayley Fritsch onfield for not handballing to him when he instead hit a team mate lace out by foot.

Then Oliver follows that up a few minutes later by shooting for goal and missing, even though he had options to pass to.

And off the back of a double shoulder reco and hardly a preseason. One of the few demons who can hold his head high after the year we’ve had. Has had little support from his teammates unlike last year.

Are you seriosly saying that Darling is more dangerous than Kennedy?

then that takes away any credibility you have when discussing the game
What? Kennedy is a 3 time All Australian and twice won a Coleman. Darling has not come close to either. Kennedy is a much better footballer which was on show Friday night - he destroyed Hurley.
Lmao this a wildly bad opinion
Guess my opinion ain’t so bad after all.

or just goes to prove hos bad some of the AA decisions are

AA decisions have been woeful for a long time, i remember when Jono Hay was getting destroyed in 2001 and we had to constantly put Jade Rawlings on the opponent that destroyed Hay to keep them quiet, then at the end of the year who gets the AA nod? Hay.... i remember being gob-smacked, then i realised Hay had media value and Rawlings didnt and thats why Hay got the nod, the AA is kind of a joke, another reason i think the AA is a joke is when we were one of a few DOMINANT teams during 2011-2015 we hardly had any AA's another good reason for it being a joke with its panel full of nuffies imo, i hold the AA awards in low regard and anyone with any sense should too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back