Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Ridiculous. This is probably the worst comment ive heard of the 2015 draft class. How much responsibility did you attribute to Dusty when Richmond finished bottom 8 in 2012?

About a 18th

Richmond fans doing an excellent job of pretending the world didn't exist between 1980 and 2017.

How is that related to Daneil Rioli?

How is that related to Daneil Rioli?
Because we all know that the team success-based arguments about why Daniel Rioli is the greatest man alive definitely wouldn't have been entertained by yourself when talking about guys like Matthew Richardson. I'm near certain that you're not going to bullshit that Richo needs to take some responsibility for his team's lack of success.

At the end of the day though, the real loser here is me. Why the * am I wasting my time talking to a guy with two troll accounts? Oh lord I wish I wasn't so horribly lonely at Christmas.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Because we all know that the team success-based arguments about why Daniel Rioli is the greatest man alive definitely wouldn't have been entertained by yourself when talking about guys like Matthew Richardson. I'm near certain that you're not going to bullshit that Richo needs to take some responsibility for his team's lack of success.

At the end of the day though, the real loser here is me. Why the **** am I wasting my time talking to a guy with two troll accounts? Oh lord I wish I wasn't so horribly lonely at Christmas.
Here’s a crazy idea, stop posting in this thread? You haven’t really contributed much apart from let everyone know that you’re very single.

Time to get outside, my dude.

Here’s a crazy idea, stop posting in this thread? You haven’t really contributed much apart from let everyone know that you’re very single.

Time to get outside, my dude.
On the contrary, I believe I've made it clear to everyone that you're nuts.

As for walking away, I truly am sorry but I just can't do that. Shitposting and poor arguments cannot go unchecked.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
On the contrary, I believe I've made it clear to everyone that you're nuts.

As for walking away, I truly am sorry but I just can't do that. Shitposting and poor arguments cannot go unchecked.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Zoom has been fine. Just overrates Rioli's production imo. None of what he's posted has been unreasonable .

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gresham has more runs on the board IMO. Rioli missing half the year doesn’t help last season.

I think it’s a close contest though. If I had to pick one personally I’d go Rioli. He just had a bit of magic about him. If he gets his fitness up and makes an impact in the midfield that’s going to be huge for the tigers.

But totally understand Gresham being in front as it stands.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Seriously surprised at how underrated Gresham is. I understand by playing in a s**t side you get overlooked, but comments saying it’s a joke he’s rated above Rioli are ridiculous.
I’ll leave this here, you can figure out which one is Rioli and which is Gresh.

View attachment 597618
Tackles is the main stat for small forwards and Rioli is the best in the business.Also Rioli is a big game player and Gresham yet to be tested yet.I may have underrated Gresham, but Rioli is the prototype small forward, let's review this thread in round 12 to see how much Rioli has improved with a proper pre-season.

Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Golden Knights
Tackles is the main stat for small forwards and Rioli is the best in the business.Also Rioli is a big game player and Gresham yet to be tested yet.I may have underrated Gresham, but Rioli is the prototype small forward, let's review this thread in round 12 to see how much Rioli has improved with a proper pre-season.

I'd take goals over tackles from my small forwards tbh

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

Its not the tackle stat thats important. Its more that often if Rioli is within 40 yard of a defender with the ball they s**t themselves. Im not sure if championdata have that categorized yet into data form. There are many bits of Riolis game and Grimes down the other end that transcend stats.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Its not the tackle stat thats important. Its more that often if Rioli is within 40 yard of a defender with the ball they s**t themselves. Im not sure if championdata have that categorized yet into data form. There are many bits of Riolis game and Grimes down the other end that transcend stats.

Seriously. wtf?!?

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
They're called pressure acts...but not from 40m away

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lol 40 yards!

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
So because he kicked 4 goals once and is fast that makes him better than those players above?

You’re really selling it to me:thumbsu:
Spot on Proust, oppo teams do shiz themselves when Rioli has the ball because he's evasive, highly skilled and kicks goals not even Jade Gresham would dream about. Anyhow ,wait until Rioli moves into the midfield with a full pre-season, he will be as strong as an ox this year, I'm scared of the damage he will do even just thinking about it.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
They're about the same in that area, I think it's 1.2 average Gresham ,to about 1 per game for Rioli.Bare in mind Rioli badly broke his foot and had to learn to run properly again.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Spot on Proust, oppo teams do shiz themselves when Rioli has the ball because he's evasive, highly skilled and kicks goals not even Jade Gresham would dream about. Anyhow ,wait until Rioli moves into the midfield with a full pre-season, he will be as strong as an ox this year, I'm scared of the damage he will do even just thinking about it.
I take it you haven't watched a Jade Gresham highlights video.

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I can’t even defend some of the stuff being said by Richmond fans in here

I can sort of see where theyrr coming from. Do I think Dan will overtake Jade? Yes. Is it going to be soon (within 2 seasons)? Maybe, leaning yes. Has it happened yet? No.

Its the name your cohorts have become enamoured with and the fact he's shown signs he will live up to his pedigree. They could stop acting like hes a finished product though as Dan still has a ways to go yet.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have and he's very good, better than I thought actually.He looks a classic crumbing forward whilst Rioli can play mid when fit enough.
Gresh starting playing midfield in the back half of the season and played his under 18s through the midfield. He hasn't had the tank to play midfield permanently but should spend most of his time there next season.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I am getting my tickets to the Saints Tiger clash next year because I could be watching two of the GOAT:p and I hope the Bigfooty servers have been upgraded for that week because this debate will increase by 100

Back