Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft isn’t looking too bad again now

Parish in his right position and the form of his career
Francis as a make shift forward has been most handy given our injuries.
Redman has been very solid and showing top shelf disposal
Tippa is our barometer.
And I never thought I’d say it, but I miss Mitch brown
Not the worst haul but considering they had 2 top 10 picks you be wanting a lot more out of the draft, still have time though as it’s only early days.

Gee - pretty weak draft overall

A standout in Oliver - a few who might kick on and a lot of middling talent.

Managing to secure mature talent seems like a win for WC

a recycled Menegola and Greenwood the real late steals

I posted the same at the end of last year. A lot of posters disagreed.

IMO 2002 is the only other draft worse than 2015.

If Im drafting right now, Ive got H Mckay top 5, easily.

He has uber talent, 203cm KPF runs like the wind, elite contested mark and good skills to go with it, it’s a pretty rare combo, there was talk that if he was two weeks younger he could of potentially gone top 3 in the 2016 draft.
He is going to be a knightmare of a match up in a few seasons.

Would like to see Ben played as a forward, he isn’t as highly skilled as Harry, but he can crash packs and would work well in a forward line with Ben Brown.

Pretty happy with this draft, from a Carlton perspective.
SOS played this draft well, took McKay before the crows could knowing that they were super keen on him and clubs were spooked by Curnow’s drink driving charge, so he would most likely still be there at our next pick, it would have been nice to get Oliver, but we were always taking Weitering with pick one.
Not often you get 3 KPP to build a team around in one draft and Cuningham has some serious talent too and JSOS could be a handy role player.
Most of these picks came from trading Henderson, Bell and Yarren
1. Weitering
10. H McKay
12. C Curnow
21. Cuningham
55. J SOS

He has uber talent, 203cm KPF runs like the wind, elite contested mark and good skills to go with it, it’s a pretty rare combo, there was talk that if he was two weeks younger he could of potentially gone top 3 in the 2016 draft.
He is going to be a knightmare of a match up in a few seasons.

Would like to see Ben played as a forward, he isn’t as highly skilled as Harry, but he can crash packs and would work well in a forward line with Ben Brown.

Knightmare Knew people valued your opinions re drafting, but didn't think this applied to spelling as well..

That's players sos takes in the first round pick themselves. It's outside the first round he is hopeless

If it was only so easy.

Side note, Jacob Weitering was again one of our best players yesterday against the Lions. He has been very good for us for nearly a full year now (2nd half last year, 1st half this season). Is tracking very well, and in time will make many people's redo look extremely foolish.

1. Oliver
2. Hipwood
3. Curnow
4. Hopper
5. Gresham
6. Firioni
7. H McKay
8. Phillips
9. Dunkley
10. Milera
11. Parish
12. Weitering
13. Himmelberg
14. Mills
15. Burton
16. Doedee
17. Menagola
18. McDonald-Tipungwuti
19. Rioli
20. Greenwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's players sos takes in the first round pick themselves. It's outside the first round he is hopeless
Ever heard of Williamson, or are the striped glasses obstructing your view?
Fisher?
Jack Silvagni was picked in the 50's.
Don't give me the oh but he was a f/s selection either cos the Cats didn't bid.

Ever heard of Williamson, or are the striped glasses obstructing your view?
Fisher?
Jack Silvagni was picked in the 50's.
Don't give me the oh but he was a f/s selection either cos the Cats didn't bid.
Fisher is a decent get but putting Jack Silvagni up is not something to write home about. Imo he is on a list due to his name only.

Fisher is a decent get but putting Jack Silvagni up is not something to write home about. Imo he is on a list due to his name only.
I get it's funny to have a dig at JSOS because he looks a bit like a gumby but he's been solid this year, made great strides and probably worth persisting with given his rate of improvement from last season.

I get it's funny to have a dig at JSOS because he looks a bit like a gumby but he's been solid this year, made great strides and probably worth persisting with given his rate of improvement from last season.
Not being funny - he is averaging 12 touches and less than a goal a game as a forward. Where is this improvement and great strides he has made? He isn’t playing in many other teams.

Not being funny - he is averaging 12 touches and less than a goal a game as a forward. Where is this improvement and great strides he has made? He isn’t playing in many other teams.
kids got hussle, 2nd and 3rd efforts usually result in a team goal. Does some nice things, consistancy is his weakness.

He's starting to find his feet a bit after playing too many different roles over his career so far. He has been used as a forward, a defender and a midfielder.
Versatility is a good thing these days but he has never been allowed to settle in a role until recently.
His repeat efforts and tackling and general contesting in the forward line are starting to be worth more than just stats alone.
Look up his effort to produce a goal-assist for Gibbons vs Brisbane.
He won't be a POD in Supercoach but he is playing his role ok.

Lol at the Curnow v Oliver discussion of a few years ago. I'm sure Charlie will be a superstar but glad we can put that one to bed for a little while at least.
Pretty sure it was Oliver vs Francis vs Curnow. Don't think Curnow is the name that sticks out like a sore thumb in there

kids got hussle, 2nd and 3rd efforts usually result in a team goal. Does some nice things, consistancy is his weakness.
so your happy to have players in your team that hardly touch the ball and kick very few goaks as long as they have hussle?

Or do they also have to be a past greats son?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

so your happy to have players in your team that hardly touch the ball and kick very few goaks as long as they have hussle?

Or do they also have to be a past greats son?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I think us Carlton people do get a little hung-up on what JSilvagni may be able to do.
For now though, he's just doing a job, whilst working as hard as he can. Upside may yet be there and it may not.
Good on him for doing all he can, but I can't be sure he'll make for a best 22 player in years to come. We'll see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back