Unofficial Preview 2015 Rookie Draft Discussion Thread - Friday 27 November

Remove this Banner Ad

People are forgetting Maj against Richmond,

He had gone past Currie imo and I'd be more than comfortable having him as first ruck for periods of next year. He's one of the best players in the VFL and he's physically come a mile since being drafted and about to enter his peak.

Who knows how the 22 will now play, a second ruckman is probably more viable.

Scoopy, who was the mature age ruckman we were looking at?

I'm stoked we retained Maj, I still have a lot of confidence in him.

Ray pick is a bit perplexing but if he trains hard and can provide leadership then he'd be a good role model to the younger blokes. Maybe we were saving the 1 guernsey for him....

Scoopy, who was the mature age ruckman we were looking at?

I'm stoked we retained Maj, I still have a lot of confidence in him.

Ray pick is a bit perplexing but if he trains hard and can provide leadership then he'd be a good role model to the younger blokes. Maybe we were saving the 1 guernsey for him....

Not sure mate but it was a passing comment that we may have been looking to get a mature ruckman late in the draft but that obviously didn't happen. However passing comment was mention about Brown possibly playing more ruck.

Dan Currie would've kept us at least able to break even against most rucks I'd have thought. Would've rather given him 2-3 years as overpaid insurance than taken this sort of gamble on Goldie's fitness.

Id have loved to see him stay, but I reckon after all the years on a list he deserves the chance to be a number 1 ruck. Not sure any reasonable contract would've kept him at North.

People are forgetting Maj against Richmond,

He had gone past Currie imo and I'd be more than comfortable having him as first ruck for periods of next year. He's one of the best players in the VFL and he's physically come a mile since being drafted and about to enter his peak.

Who knows how the 22 will now play, a second ruckman is probably more viable.

Yep - he's an out and out ruckman for mine.

If the unthinkable happens, I actually would be fairly excited to see what Maj can do as our #1 ruck for an extended period.

Cheers, FG. Any idea why they aren't showing up when I look back on the pages for the board? Only managed to find Ray's and Anderson's the old fashioned way.

Unsure. If you want a full list there's that thread, or you can click the "player watch" prefix blue box thingy on anyone's thread & it will take you to a list of threads with that prefix, the only ones of which are the player watch threads. Couldn't tell you why they're not showing up otherwise. Do you have any posters on ignore?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back