2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea if it's the case or not for Thurgoona and Barny, but I hate how people assume the only reason clubs recruit well is because of money. For some it's the most important reason for where they play. For many others it's low on the priority list. Mates, success, travel, culture, coach, list goes on!

A bunch of Walla boys trained with Mitta last week.
Not sure who, but am guessing they were the ex saints boys (Lieschke brothers, Holt, etc.) who seem to be shopping themselves around in a silent auction.

A bunch of Walla boys trained with Mitta last week.
Not sure who, but am guessing they were the ex saints boys (Lieschke brothers, Holt, etc.) who seem to be shopping themselves around in a silent auction.

It was the saints boys shopping around again. they took walla for a ride and got away with it and now they are trying the same at other clubs. Clubs need to be aware that they are only average players and yet they want $500 plus a game. Clubs that don't do their homework properly will go broke in the future if these muppets continue to make themselves out to be better than they really are and put top dollar on their heads

It was the saints boys shopping around again. they took walla for a ride and got away with it and now they are trying the same at other clubs. Clubs need to be aware that they are only average players and yet they want $500 plus a game. Clubs that don't do their homework properly will go broke in the future if these muppets continue to make themselves out to be better than they really are and put top dollar on their heads
They actually lifted Walla last year. The reason they left Walla was because the club has gone broke due to the books being upwards of 50k out and tore up contracts then reoffered them at less then players get in O&M twos.

Not to much news coming threw about sides like Beechworth, Yack, Wodonga Saints, Rutherglen and Wahgunyah has anybody got any news on recruits or players leaving ect.

Heard today that Kirk Wilson has been training back at Jindera, can anyone confirm this?

What's the story behind all the Wahgunyah boys heading to CDHBU the last few seasons? Thought that the two clubs hated each other?? So what is the connection or reasoning behind it, I'm interested to know

Mates following mates, pretty much. Also, cdhbu got Sam Burdon to assistant coach and he brought his brother who then brought a mate or two. Tensions between the two clubs have eased significantly over the last few seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mates following mates, pretty much. Also, cdhbu got Sam Burdon to assistant coach and he brought his brother who then brought a mate or two. Tensions between the two clubs have eased significantly over the last few seasons.

Wouldn't have anything to do with the coin they throw around?

Wouldn't have anything to do with the coin they throw around?
No, I am sure that wahgunyah have matched if not made more attractive offers to keep them. Don't underestimate the lure of a change and playing with mates.
Also, Sam was a former cdhbu junior and wanted to coach in some way. Alex wallis had his girlfriend playing netball out there. Ben Wilson, another former cdhbu junior. Cody Milne and Cody keenes is mates with all that crew.

Last edited:
No, I am sure that wahgunyah have matched if not made more attractive offers to keep them. Don't underestimate the lure of a change and playing with mates.
Also, Sam was a former cdhbu junior and wanted to coach in some way. Alex wallis had his girlfriend playing netball out there. Ben Wilson, another former cdhbu junior. Cody Milne and Cody keenes is mates with all that crew.
Cody Keenes is a former cdhbu junior also. Cdhbu has a made a strong effort to recruit former juniors back, I think it is a smart policy.

Cody Keenes is a former cdhbu junior also. Cdhbu has a made a strong effort to recruit former juniors back, I think it is a smart policy.
If u look at it that way with how many clubs are in cdhbu nearly ever kid in that area in the last ten years would be classed as a junior

If u look at it that way with how many clubs are in cdhbu nearly ever kid in that area in the last ten years would be classed as a junior
Good point. However, cdhbu have been cdhbu in their own entity for ten years this year so any junior who began playing in that time is in fact a cdhbu junior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back