2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladder prediction:
Tatyoon-recruited very well.
Moyston-still a very good list.

Hawkesdale-still amongst it. Roach a good inclusion.
Penshurst-a couple of very good inclusions.
Lismore/Derri-steady improvement to continue.

Glenthompson-on the improve.
Lake Bolac-competitive.
SMW Rovers-lost a few class players. Picked up a few handy inclusions.

Caramut-lost a lot of class players.
Great Western-not much depth to the list.
Worndoo-looking to improve again and be more competitive; as they were last year.
Ararat Eagles-lots of youngsters, but all the paid players in the area head to Tatyoon Rats and Moyston Rats.

Ladder prediction:
Tatyoon-recruited very well.
Moyston-still a very good list.

Hawkesdale-still amongst it. Roach a good inclusion.
Penshurst-a couple of very good inclusions.
Lismore/Derri-steady improvement to continue.

Glenthompson-on the improve.
Lake Bolac-competitive.
SMW Rovers-lost a few class players. Picked up a few handy inclusions.

Caramut-lost a lot of class players.
Great Western-not much depth to the list.
Worndoo-looking to improve again and be more competitive; as they were last year.
Ararat Eagles-lots of youngsters, but all the paid players in the area head to Tatyoon Rats and Moyston Rats.
Lismore-Derri Demons probably go a bit unnoticed in this league but the inside info has told me that several players are back from injury last year and a couple of players from Ballarat really can play. Currently sitting second behind Taty who are almost always the front runners.
Just keep an eye out for the Demons as they tend to get overlooked a little in this league.

How did the season go? Can anyone post the league best and fairest count?

How did the season go? Can anyone post the league best and fairest count?
Taty on top , Lis-Derri second. Lis derri won the qualifying final. Glenthompson beat Moyston in elimination final. Games this weekend are: Penshurst v Glenthompson, Taty v Lis-Der.
I think it is between Tat n Lis-Der in the end and probably in Tat's favour.
The future will be more interesting as AFL Victoria plan to implement a player points cap which maybe will bring Tat & Lis- Der back to the field. Even things up a bit. This may be 2 years off tho this plan.

Yeh about time something was done to level the playing field.
Wouldn't mind seeing deri win it, something different.
Any news on when the league bnf is on.

Yeh about time something was done to level the playing field.
Wouldn't mind seeing deri win it, something different.
Any news on when the league bnf is on.
Me too.. I want them to win it. I'll see what I can find online.

Go Lismore-Derrinallum Demons!!! They beat Tatyoon by 5 goals to take the flag!!! Damian Cameron won the bnf but Demons won the one that counted. Highly paid players from Ararat wont always win you premierships it seems.

Im sure the football world will be mourning over Taty's another grand final loss, considering they have invested lots into their football department. It is great for the game, seeing a team win their first premiership in a comp they are part of. No-one back at the start of the year would of expected this. Congratulations to Lismore-Derrinallum!

Yes that is correct. As they are a bit further away physically from the majority of teams, the league tends to underrate them or basically doesn't know anything about them. They recruited well from Ballarat and this helped them get over the line. Hopefully these new equalisation measures on the horizon help to even up the competition a bit.

Today's Portland Observer had a story on the possibility of interleague returning for the South West league and playing against Mininera, are word on that from over your way fella's?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's happening up this way? Has anyone got any footy news? All I know is Hawkesdale/McCarth are recruiting quite a few fringe players from Koroit. Their new coach Simon O'Keefe is a former VCFL rep. Has won leagues Best/Fairest in the Hampden couple times and has played in lots of premierships at Koroit and Panmure. Has a great coaching record at Panmure as well. The league would be mad if they don't appoint him as the interleague coach of 2016. Wickliffe/Lake Bolac have recruited really well, esp with 3 Otto boys and couple Ballarat Swans players. Tatyoon has lost Damian Cameron to Minyip/Murtoa, and interesting to see where his Horsham mates at Taty will go too, or stay. Does anyone know how the Pumas are going with their recruiting and retaining players? What about Lismore/Derri 2?

Looking for a practise game in Ballarat area on 2nd April. We can host. Looking at senior and reserve games. Pm for details.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back