Opinion 2015 Starting 22 for Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance chappy doesn't play. And as a third tall he is ok.......for now.

Grimes Astbury chaplin
Houli Rance Batchelor
Ellis Martin Hunt
Deledio Griffiths Knights
Morris Reiwoldt Lloyd
Maric Miles Cotchin

Vlastuin Edwards Grigg Conca

If we want McKintosh to play then grimes might miss out and Vlas starts.

I've gone right off Conca (out) McIntosh (In)

Otherwise happy with your team. What will keep me awake at night would be injury to Ivan or Griffo. If I don't want to take that risk Vickery comes in for Knights (maybe not ready) or Lloyd.

We will smash them, i got no doubt about it, I am way more confident this year with the way the boys have been going.

BUT

Does anyone know where I can watch the game in New York?? I am leaving this Wednesday and I don't want to miss the game :)

You can buy a 1 week international pass on the afl website for around $15

We will smash them, i got no doubt about it, I am way more confident this year with the way the boys have been going.

BUT

Does anyone know where I can watch the game in New York?? I am leaving this Wednesday and I don't want to miss the game :)
It will be 4/5 am in New York when the game starts but it won't be too hard to not hear the result then go the the Australian bar and watch the full replay as live. It's at 20 W 38th street. Google australian bar nyc and it tells you all the sports and times... Afl, nrl, cricket etc

If your a member just email them and they can perhaps switch your membership to international for a period thus allowing you free AFL live streaming... I have been watching abroad this way for 2 years and as long as you have decent internet its perfect!

The RFC membership are fantastic also, very helpful and responsive so if your pro active and email early this week i am sure you will have it resolved!

Thanks mate, might look into that.

It will be 4/5 am in New York when the game starts but it won't be too hard to not hear the result then go the the Australian bar and watch the full replay as live. It's at 20 W 38th street. Google australian bar nyc and it tells you all the sports and times... Afl, nrl, cricket etc

Yeah i know it will be early but I'm so keen to watch it. Thanks heaps man, much appreciated.

B: Batchelor Astbury Chaplin
HB: Houli Rance McIntosh
C: Vlastuin Martin Ellis
HF: Deledio Griffiths Edwards
F: Morris Riewoldt Vickery
R: Maric Cotchin Miles
INT: Grigg Hunt Conca
SUB: Lloyd

Not going to be a popular side but this is how I see us lining up Thursday week.

Backs:
Houli Rance Astbury & Chaplin are locks for mine. Batchelor has been more impressive for me over the NAB games than Grimes has been and gets first crack at the medium sized defender. The surprise packet for me is McIntosh, in his 2 games he has looked impressive, offering up run and carry which is something we need in the back half. Overall a good mix for the back 6 with accountability hardness and rebounding.

Midfield:
No real shocks here. All the usual suspects are there either starting in the middle or rotating through.

Forwards:
No doubt the majority won't be happy with Vickery being picked but as I've said in the 2 or 3 talls thread, his inclusion is important. Not just from a possession point of view but also a structure point of view. Riewoldt Griffiths and Vickery in the line up spreads the oppositions defence thin. It also means that we can maintain 2 talls at all times when Vickery or Griffiths gives Maric a breather in the ruck. This means that the opposition can't simply sag off and double team Jack which often happens when we play the 2 talls line up when Maric rests.

Just off the sagging idea, that's why Maric has to be effective in the fwdline when he rests there.

Round 1 Vs Carlton

B: Grimes Astbury Chaplin
HB: Houli Rance Vlastuin
C: Grigg Martin Ellis
HF: Deledio Griffiths Edwards
F: Morris Riewoldt Lloyd
R: Maric Cotchin Miles
INT: Lennon Hunt Conca
SUB:Gordon

image.jpg1_3.jpg
Updated my 22:

Out: Conca, Foley, McDonough, Lambert
In: Grigg, Batchelor, Lennon, Macintosh

107a8d6ab6ca09599ced9218206dab6c.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-22-18-13-36_1[1].jpg

Although I can't stand Shaun Grigg, I know Dimma will never drop him, plus he has been okay this preseason. (Don't think you realise how hard that is for me to say). It was out of him and Conca for the subs vest for me, but Conca's terrible form as late has earnt him the green vest.

Steven Morris needs to be moved back, he hasn't been terrible up in the forward line, but we need to play our players to their strengths, we saw what happened when Dimma experimented at the start of last season. In order for Morris to move back, Dylan Grimes needed to drop out, who I preferred over Batchelor.

Vickery lets all just face it, he isn't up to it. I have defended him for years, but I've had enough of his lazy half assed efforts, so therefore Lloyd comes in, and when he is on the ground, we look very very dangerous. Griffiths has made that spot his own, and will undoubtedly rotate with Jack throughout the games.

Ben Lennon has impressed me enough in order to get a call up to our best 22. Has surprised me with his long goalkicking ability in the pre-season, plus he is a good decision maker.

Chris Knights (if fit) adds a certain class to this team. His elite disposal and penetrating kicking is important and when in full flight is in our best 10 players.

McIntosh and Hunt have done enough, I think McIntosh could be a bit of an X-Factor for us this season.

honestly don't think it matters what 22 we have rd1 blues will slice us open. We will be badly found out for lack of speed and class!
round 1 v blues
Batchelor Rance Astbury
Vlausten Chaplin Houli
Ellis Miles Grigg
Delideo Griffiths Knights
Lloyd Riewolt Edwards
Maric Cotchin Martin
INT
Hunt Macintosh Morris
Sub Gordon EMG Petterd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

honestly don't think it matters what 22 we have rd1 blues will slice us open. We will be badly found out for lack of speed and class!
We have more of both than them :drunk:

Just depends whether we're past shitting the bed vs them

rd1rich.png
I don't think Knights will be ready. Vickery will be picked. Batchelor > Grimes. I would assume Petterd isn't in the side. Lloyd must play. Lennon and McIntosh have earnt spots.

B: Simpson Jamison Rowe
HB: White Jaksch Yarran
C: Everitt Gibbs Curnow(tag Ellis)
HF: Menzel Henderson Bell
F: Casboult Jones Murphy
R: Wood Cripps Judd

I: Thomas Docherty Touhy
Sub: Carazzo

Their best 22 isn't bad... The rest is s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back