Opinion 2015 Starting 22 for Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's McDonna the kid can play
He versatile also, he needs game time and he will come on

I forgot about McDonna, I guess he could replace Lloyd in the emergencies.

He is showing good signs.

My impression is for him to take the next step he needs to get fitter and see what opportunities that opens up for him along with further development/performance.

The difference between say Lennon and McDonna for me is Lennon is more dangerous and effective with his kicking atm. Like his long accurate goals are invaluable apart from field kicking. So what McDonna needs to do is become more dangerous himself by getting fitter/enduro and adding to his game like competitiveness in the contest etc.. Not all players are alike but each can improve their own game in their own way to make them more effective and a better prospect to be selected over other candidates. What Knights has over McDonna atm assuming fit would be left foot option, experience, inside game and long kicking for goal. So McDonna can improve his game with experience and develop other aspects of his game to make him better IMO.

Last edited:
I forgot about McDonna, I guess he could replace Lloyd in the emergencies.

He is showing good signs.

My impression is for him to take the next step he needs to get fitter and see what opportunities that opens up for him along with further development/performance
I think he needs a string of games at afl level to prove he's got it or he doesn't. Either way he should be given the chance, is frustrating as gordon who is very average got gifted far to many games last year.

I think he needs a string of games at afl level to prove he's got it or he doesn't. Either way he should be given the chance, is frustrating as gordon who is very average got gifted far to many games last year.
I disagree with Gordon getting gift games, as last year we really didn't have any runners prepared to gut run to open the field(and provide a target) which is what Gordon did well. Plus he did kick quite a few goals as well. I don't think Madonna can do this, but he has other skill sets, which I hope he can prove is up to it.

I disagree with Gordon getting gift games, as last year we really didn't have any runners prepared to gut run to open the field(and provide a target) which is what Gordon did well. Plus he did kick quite a few goals as well. I don't think Madonna can do this, but he has other skill sets, which I hope he can prove is up to it.

Yeah, my impression is if he gets fitter and develops his game he will make it.

But you have to earn it in terms of impact on matches. No more gift games for anyone anymore and to be honest with Lennon rising, Knights fit again supposedly, McIntosh developing well with output and Hunts inclusion there is enough solid performers about that any slips from any one in the 22 could see time in reserves. Plenty of guys in the 22 could tail off and find themselves out of the team with trouble getting back in. Thats why it is so important for everybody to get the best out of themselves

There will be opportunities for others like McDonna and Gordon over time but gift spots are no longer available with added depth. It will be hard for the likes of Newman to get back in tbh.

Players will really need to perform at VFL level and get there overall game better to put themselves in the best position to get a shot at the big time

Shouldn't of said gifted.. But I don't think he deserved a game. But u are right in saying we really didn't have anyone else in the side. That being said he preseason for was terrible and will not be playing if that continues

Shouldn't of said gifted.. But I don't think he deserved a game. But u are right in saying we really didn't have anyone else in the side. That being said he preseason for was terrible and will not be playing if that continues
Yeah fair call. I think while Gordon does have flaws I do think he did well last year, but does have to impact games more. But you could also say that for all our players.

If Cotchin thinks both KMAC and Lambert debut round 1 I see PetteRd and Lennon missing out. We won't be playing Vickery either if that's the case unless we drop Lloyd or Conca

Seeing Vickery's name absent from lists is probably fair. I'm not sure why, could be the high draft pick, but I still see huge upside. Maybe I'm too hopeful.

If Cotchin thinks both KMAC and Lambert debut round 1 I see PetteRd and Lennon missing out. We won't be playing Vickery either if that's the case unless we drop Lloyd or Conca
i can't see kmac & lambert both playing....lennon did enough to get picked... but can't remember petterd's games tbh

I really really think Lambert should play, something about me just loves him already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will play and should play

How come? Do you really want a player who fumbles the ball under slight pressure and who holds the ball above his head when he kicks and hopes the ball will spin probably and be directed to where he wants it to go? You won't find that at haw, geel, port, freo etc

How come? Do you really want a player who fumbles the ball under slight pressure and who holds the ball above his head when he kicks and hopes the ball will spin probably and be directed to where he wants it to go? You won't find that at haw, geel, port, freo etc
You should go watch our games again last season, he played some pretty good footy. Deserves to be best 22 at this stage.

Our depth just keeps exciting me.

There about 4-6 fit players missing round 1 who have put their hand up + Astbury, Newman & Foley + another 4-6 players who could put their hands up later this year.

I can't wait to see the effect this has on the VFL team and player form. It already seems Grigg has gone up a gear knowing his role isn't secure.

Based on your last nab game i dont expect to see either Petterd or Lloyd. I think Lambert will either be sub or just miss and Mcintosh will play maybe as the sub if Lambert misses.

Gordon is arse imo

He was only getting a game because he was one of our fittest last year but he really struggles to find the football and I can't say I notice his defensive pressure. I'd say in just two NAB challenge games McIntosh has shown more and looks capable of finding the ball 15+ times a game with ease. While he is not a forward (yet) he is a very competent HB or winger that releases someone else forward. Gordon will probably have to show a bit in the VFL this year or it may be his last (we haven't resigned him, have we?)

Based on your last nab game i dont expect to see either Petterd or Lloyd. I think Lambert will either be sub or just miss and Mcintosh will play maybe as the sub if Lambert misses.
Lloyd's NAB form has been good. He only played a quarter in NAB 3. For me he is in the team ahead of Ty Vickery. I have Lambert as an emergency but could easily make the 22 as he played well in the NAB cup also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back