Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people doing with Alex Pearce?

I've got him at D8 and although he is getting a game it certainly ain't SC friendly.

I've read that Zac Dawson is close to resuming playing in the WAFL soon but will Dawson's return to the team see Pearce off (pardon the pun :p) or would he be relieved of the accountable defensive role and freed up a bit?

I'm keeping a very close eye on Mal this week, he looks like he is playing further up the ground.

Even if he tons up he'll only go up about 17k so it might not hurt to wait a week or two if your budget is not too tight.

Personally speaking, if I go GAJ/Maynard for Cripps/Oxley this week I'd be about $1500 short of going Lever > Mal.

However if Lever scores his average and Mal gets just under 100 I'll have enough for a straight swap next week. :rainbow:
I'm planning the exact same trade as you with regards to Lever to Mal and loopholing him and that turd Smith who'll be dumped to D7.

Happy to bring in Malceski but I cant decide who to trade out, Hibberd, Taylor or Ox.

Ox the logical choice given he is a rookie, but he is performing equal at least to the other 2, and other than injury affected games, has probably performed better.

Im think Hibberd might get the ass, at least Taylor could pull out a decent score at any time, Hibberd doesn't even look in any danger of topping 90.

During the season (and before) people mention that you should be trying to get top 10 or top 8 in each line for your team. Now in theory that's great but if you look at the defenders this season there is 2 only that are trust-able and the rest are a raffle. I defy anybody to say that you can find any real logic or pattern as in to who to should be in picked. Below is the top 10 defenders by average and below that by price. You will notice that in in the top one only 3 of them scored over 100 in the last round and in the bottom one its even worse with only 2. Now I know somebody will say its the average that counts or the average from here on in, but how the hell do you pick with the sort of deviation these guys put up.

top 10 avg defenders.PNG top 10 price defenders.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the season (and before) people mention that you should be trying to get top 10 or top 8 in each line for your team. Now in theory that's great but if you look at the defenders this season there is 2 only that are trust-able and the rest are a raffle. I defy anybody to say that you can find any real logic or pattern as in to who to should be in picked. Below is the top 10 defenders by average and below that by price. You will notice that in in the top one only 3 of them scored over 100 in the last round and in the bottom one its even worse with only 2. Now I know somebody will say its the average that counts or the average from here on in, but how the hell do you pick with the sort of deviation these guys put up.

View attachment 154743 View attachment 154744

Why even list them by "price"? It's a redundant stat.

Average & TOTAL POINTS scored are the only 2 stats that matter.

Also, minus Oxley's 4 red vested games he has averaged 98.2 from his 11 full games, which would make him 5th on average. If he wasn't red vested 4 times, he would most likely be a top 6 def right now. Yes, he's a risk of being subbed out, but I wouldn't be trading him out for anyone other than Hodge or Shaw.

Why even list them by "price"? It's a redundant stat.

Average & TOTAL POINTS scored are the only 2 stats that matter.
How is price a redundant stat? You still have to pay for these guys if you want to trade them in. If you already have them then fair enough. The point was that no mater the price or the average, you are still cant even reasonably predict scoring output of most of the backs this year. There is really only two that have been consistent. Its a crap shoot more than most years. This is why I didnt really bother upgrading most of my backs this year. Spending the extra dollars just didnt seem worth it.

It's true - it's why you're best to stick with the guys that you bought in at the start. Ride the highs and the lows.

Buy only cheap or safe options, and ride them.

Here's a player under everyone's radar. Marley Williams 0.9% POD $460k.

Avg 106(3) & 100(5).
Last 5 weeks: 91 94 73 107 137

He's been taunting me every time I look at my options for getting rid of BSmith. But with only one trade left, I've been leaning towards Kelly or Malceski. Williams could be worth an all or nothing trade though.

For what is worth I'd take Malceski out of that lot.

Marley is that mid priced prospect that is great if you get him at the start of his run, but could very well fall off the pack once you bring him in.

Think Thurlow, Pittard, McGovern, Hunt and Seedsman.

All at one stage had a burst of 3 or 4 games that had everyone licking there lips, only to drop off just as quickly.

Also, minus Oxley's 4 red vested games he has averaged 98.2 from his 11 full games, which would make him 5th on average. If he wasn't red vested 4 times, he would most likely be a top 6 def right now. Yes, he's a risk of being subbed out, but I wouldn't be trading him out for anyone other than Hodge or Shaw.
Most of the games he's been subbed out in though he has been playing poorly. If he wasn't subbed in those games would have been 4 of his lowest scores for the year anyway

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back