2015 SuperCoach Regrets/Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of things to regret this season. Most fall into one of two categories .... costly trades I made because I was obeying my rules .... costly trades I made because I was disobeying my rules.

I've been caught in the past holding onto premium players while they've been out injured supposedly for 1-2 weeks but have gone on to miss half the season, so I have a rule to quickly dump any injured players I suspect might be out for a fair while. That meant Deledio and Montagna were dumped after round 1 and Rocky was dumped when he was injured the second time, just a couple of weeks after I traded him in. Deledio and Rocky have since been traded back in. I would have lost a fair few points in the short term, but my team would have been stronger and I would have been 5 trades better off if I'd broken that rule and just ridden out their injuries.

I spent months in the off season going over stats and deciding on a short list of players who I would consider for both my initial squad and for later trade ins. No one who failed to make that list was ever supposed to get into my team. But I broke that rule several times and traded in the likes of Ebert, Wallis, Bontempelli, LTaylor and McDonald. Ebert may become Ablett this week ... the rest have already departed the scene for about another 5 trades wasted. That's a rule I should have stuck with.

Round 14

I needed to trade out Rory Sloane, to either Beams or Priddis. I chose Beams. Priddis scored better, Beams is injured and the extra 9k I used getting Beams prevented me from getting Ablett for his 189.

Round 17

Traded in Ablett, enjoyed 21 and a swift drop in the rankings.

I've gone from a full premium side with 6 trades to a full premium side (including super sub Tmitch) with 2 trades. And I've doubled my ranking in the meantime.

Benching Hibberd instead of Oxley to get Kelly's score purely because I dislike Hibberd and wanted to be able to watch Ess/PA without getting stressed about Hibberd not touching it.

Trading in GAJ with my last 2 trades.
Killed my good year right there.
Bring on 2016

You and everyone else.

Did anyone else do it at top dollar though? (after Rd 3)

He cost me $524,900 and scored the following for me:
60, 45, 75, 16, DNP, DNP, 67, BYE, 68, 64, 69, 50 at an average of 46.72 (if you count the 2 games he missed as a "scoring opportunity").

Pure awesome. Luke McPharlin would've been a better trade in, money AND points-wise.

Yep.

smith.JPG

Armitage in in round 15. Given me 89, 109 and 63

Expected 120s :(

Hopefully he gives me a couple big scores, asap

My plus 3 for Round 17 was to hard to split between the Hawks boys Lewis and Hodge. Pig players who regularly score well for me.

An honorable mention not just for last week but the season to Heath Shaw and Shaun Higgins.

Shaw can be a bit of an up and down player but the biggest tick in the box for me is his kick / handball ratio. Always high which is good and his kicks aren't rubbish either. Think he had a 28 possession game a few weeks backs with 24 K / 4 HB.

Higgins I've had since the get go so I got him cheap and he has been a solid performer for me (as a defender as well) averaging low 90s across the season. Scores can fluctuate but a 90 average is great from him.

The inevitable Negative 3's for Round 17. HANNEBERRY - Only 60 for a bloke that's averaging low 110's if I remember correctly. For a gut running mid a 60 on Domain isn't something you see regularly.

Rocky was poor but his a massive pig and without midfield mates Beams and Hanley so he doesn't feel the wrath so much. Gets a reprieve for playing through busted ribs as well.

Jackson Thurlow, wish I'd traded him earlier but almost stuck with him as a D 6 now. Stunk it up regularly over the last few games.

Brought in useless campaigner Heppell 2 weeks ago for Mitch Wallis.

Heppell was averaging 109 and putting up consistent scores, mostly tons.

Well since I brought Heppell in he has scored 72 and 98. Bloody crab! :thumbsdown:

Should have just kept Wallis and saved a trade, not much difference between them the last few weeks. :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not listening to the blokes on this site about conserving trades.

Made finals (top in three leagues), easily my best year...

But no trades, GAJ on the pine, Fyfe on the pine (for * knows how long), now Beams benched for the rest of the year by the sounds).
Pulled a solid score with Boston/McKenzie on the field, but even with both of them for the rest of the year, I'll probably need Dumont to find his way in.
My D6 (Howe) and F6 (Betts) aren't worth * all, and their cover is Holman (missed with suspension) and Steele (vested), so it's basically who left the campaigner farm open when looking at my side.

Not going with my gut this week and getting Selwood and went for Danger instead. Would have won me my cash league match, Supercoach Cup and had money in the bank to trade Wines and Buddy to whoever the hell I want. Shattered.

not starting with Fyfe really hurt me, didn't have his big early scores in rounds 1-5

Round Player Score
1 Pendles 113
2 Ablett 87
3 Gray 73
4 Danger 101
5 Goldy 92

huge difference when I look at the rest of my captain scores

Round Player Score
6 Fyfe 121
7 Fyfe 146
8 Blicavs 134
9 Franklin 149