Mega Thread 2015 Swans Board AFL Fantasy, Supercoach, Dream Team & Ultimate Footy Player Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Broar

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey guys, apologies for intruding but I'm wondering if ZaK Jones could be starter and get an extended run this season? Cheers.

Hey guys, apologies for intruding but I'm wondering if ZaK Jones could be starter and get an extended run this season? Cheers.
Jones will probably come in after I'm gonna say Round 5. Won't be in the team round 1

Hey guys and girls.

Whats the go with Tom Mitchell this season, likely to be in the best 22 from the start or not?

Ta
He was in the best 22 for the whole of last year, Longmire just didn't pick him. He is still in the best 22 now but should actually get picked.

Hi ladies and lads. I am hearing that Rampe may take Malceski's old role this year. 1, is that likely and 2, if he does is he likely to increase his scoring significantly? Not everyone will simply churn out regular 100s just by moving into a higher scoring position.

I have Mitchell locked in. 90+ average is a given if Horse comes to his senses and regularly plays him. The guy is a jet.

Do you think Heeney will play enough early to justify selecting him? As good as he is supposed to be, it will be a hard side to crack into.

Thanks in advance,
Boris

Hi ladies and lads. I am hearing that Rampe may take Malceski's old role this year. 1, is that likely and 2, if he does is he likely to increase his scoring significantly? Not everyone will simply churn out regular 100s just by moving into a higher scoring position.

I have Mitchell locked in. 90+ average is a given if Horse comes to his senses and regularly plays him. The guy is a jet.

Do you think Heeney will play enough early to justify selecting him? As good as he is supposed to be, it will be a hard side to crack into.

Thanks in advance,
Boris
1. Very possible, but there are a few contenders. The backline could conceivably see any of Laidler, Jones, Newman or Reid come in, plus there could be role changes for Rohan or Jetta
2. I think he can increase his scoring, he is an attacking player who has been made to play a backline role. He's a former midfielder and some time there isn't out of the question. He's priced highly enough that you would need to be confident of a role change to pick him.
3. Makes a lot of sense
4. He should play, however be wary as he has attributes - such as good disposal inside 50 and being able to play competently under heavy pressure - that really don't seem to fit with our gameplan

Thanks in advance,
Boris

Rampe may take that role if Reid goes back. If not then rampe will keep third tall role and McVeigh, Rohan or Jetta will take rebound defender role. Mitchell should get midfield minutes.

Heeney would have to be in phenomenal nick to get a round 1 call up. Unlikely but my feature later.

A smokey to look for is Robinson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys and girls,

Can't decide between Kennedy and Parker, currently have Parker because he's 50k cheaper and I think he will be just as good as Kennedy this year. Any advice?
SC or DT? Kennedy is a massively better clearance and contested player and he'd be my SC choice. DT I'd suggest Parker will score similarly, at a lower price, also gets forward and kicks goals.

SC or DT? Kennedy is a massively better clearance and contested player and he'd be my SC choice. DT I'd suggest Parker will score similarly, at a lower price, also gets forward and kicks goals.

Supercoach, Yeah Kennedy looks the goods. But to get him in my team over Parker I'll need to downgrade Ablett to Pendles and I'm a bit worried about how he'll go in the Collingwood midfield this year.

Supercoach, Yeah Kennedy looks the goods. But to get him in my team over Parker I'll need to downgrade Ablett to Pendles and I'm a bit worried about how he'll go in the Collingwood midfield this year.

Im in the always get gablett in super coach camp

What are your thoughts on Cunningham for RDT? Good value, DPP, will he get the game time in the mids?

What are your thoughts on Cunningham for RDT? Good value, DPP, will he get the game time in the mids?
He already got extensive game time in the middle last year. Unless you're betting on a role change, avoid

G'day guys. How is Kieren Jack travelling this pre-season? any concerns at all? he is undervalued in SC imo. I am a huge wrap for Parker too....i suspect he will go to 115-120 ave this year.

G'day guys. How is Kieren Jack travelling this pre-season? any concerns at all? he is undervalued in SC imo. I am a huge wrap for Parker too....i suspect he will go to 115-120 ave this year.
Parker will either be 115-120 or low 80s high 70s due to players wanting to tag the crap out of him.

If Pyke isn't playing in your 22 for some reason (e.g. injury), who becomes the No.1 Ruck?

What is the pecking order for other rucks? Very hard to read from the outside.
Is Derickx still the next in line?
On hitout ability

Pyke
Tippett
Daylight
Naismith
Nankervis
Derickx
McLaren

Naismith and McLaren are both rookie listed though right?

So do you really think Nankervis would be first to come in should Pyke be injured/suspended? Or are you just saying Nankervis is better skilled than Derickx (I would agree here). Because what I really want to know is who Swans supporters think is your ruck emergency.
Derickx played 5 games without Mike Pyke and was spanked in all of them

Round 8: 24 hitouts vs Hale (24) and McEvoy (30)
Round 9: 26 hitouts vs Ryder (17) and Bellchambers (29).
Round 11: 18 hitouts vs Simpson (21) and McIntosh (28)
Round 12: 26 hitouts vs Smith (39)
Round 13: 28 hitouts vs Lobbe (40)

He has been left out of the NAB Challenge game with both Nankervis and Naismith being picked. There is no suggestion of Derickx being injured or unavailable.

Naismith seems to be ahead of Nankervis as a ruck in the eyes of the coaches (which likely means Nankervis is better). He plays the majority of his minutes there while Nankervis played extensive time as a forward in the NEAFL. He was also picked for the Richmond game ahead of Nankervis.

Thanks for reply. No doubt Derickx is not the best ruck going around, but while you and I think he will again get pantsed in 2015 if asked to fill the No.1 ruck role, what do you think the match committee think?
Are you considering picking him in your dream team? He is $300k, far too expensive for the scoring ability he has shown. I would humbly suggest picking literally anybody else.

I have no idea what the match committee think, but they have picked every tall player we have for the NAB Challenge game, except him.

No, I play in a SC keeper league and already have Pyke. I'm considering my options should Pyke go down.

I wouldn't pick anyone from the Swans as a ruckman past Pyke. Period

Tippett would cost too much for the chances he'll be injured
Derickx won't score enough to cover the cost and the others would be lucky to get more than a game or two even with injuries factored in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back