2015 Taekwondo World Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Held in Russia. I'm unsure of any interest, but if you want to keep track of any Australians I'll try to find most of the results and put them in here. The website is complete crap but there is live streaming if you want to watch over the next 5 days.

Safwan Khalil fought yesterday and made it to the 5th round but unfortunately lost 10-1 there against a Chinese fighter. Deanna Kyriazopoulos lost in the first round as well.

I'm having trouble finding today's results but I do know that Jack Marton (younger brother of reigning world champion Carmen Marton) won his first fight against a Belarusian fighter 6-3 and Keshena Waterford won her first fight against someone from Cape Verde in Africa 10-6.

I'll get a link to the streams at some point tomorrow if anyone wants to watch. Our best chances at winning a division are Jack's two older sisters, Carmen and Caroline (although she might still be injured). I know Carmen's on the 18th, not sure on Caroline. Go team Australia!

Keshena lost her 2nd fight against Lucija Zaninovic from 12-0, and Jack lost to Egyptian Seif Eissa in the round of 32, almost guaranteed to move up the rankings from his current world #52.

Chynea Lang lost her first fight today 3:9 to a Polish fighter called Jagoda Ulfig in the under 67 division, but Thomas Afonczenko defeated Aurimas Klemas 10:7 and will fight in all likelihood Korean Dong-yun Shin in the round of 32 in the under 68 group.

The stream will get back online at 7 here (court 4) if you want to watch:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back