Player Sponsorship 2015 TAYLOR ADAMS - Copeland tickets sent

Remove this Banner Ad

I've met Darcy and he is a great young man. He asked me about myself and what I am doing. He was happy to chat.

I can see why he could be perceived as arrogant when compared to other first year players but I would urge people not to make judgements about players based on their glimpses in the media. Especially when it's one of our own!

His level of arrogance is more relevant to his ability to get the most out of himself IMO. There has been discussion on other threads about who is the next captain and going by what I saw Friday night I would be tipping Moore may be that man. The other none relevant discussion is just my personal take on the way he is, which is irrelevant to his ability to perform and succeed.

Last edited:
I have never met you either TD, but my tip is the two of you wouldn't get along outside of your love for the mighty pies.

Most Likely but why do you think that we would not get along?

Most Likely but why do you think that we would not get along?

Haha......now I don't quite know where to go with this....

TD as I said your combined love for the mighty pies would give you plenty to talk about and sure you would have long and in depth discussions. It was more referring to hanging with people on a personal level. Some people are just different is all. In saying all of this, I barely had a conversation with him AT ALL so it is based on what I observed and the short interactions I had. Lord knows what he is like outside of the public eye.

Haha......now I don't quite know where to go with this....

TD as I said your combined love for the mighty pies would give you plenty to talk about and sure you would have long and in depth discussions. It was more referring to hanging with people on a personal level. Some people are just different is all. In saying all of this, I barely had a conversation with him AT ALL so it is based on what I observed and the short interactions I had. Lord knows what he is like outside of the public eye.
Loved your review.
Re Darcy. Is it the arrogance of youth? Prodigal son, living the dream, world at his feet. He might tone down as he matures.

Caff....the Caff...we may have had a little beard measuring (as mentioned in an earlier post) I wanted to ask what he is doing to keep the hair on his head, but didn’t have the balls. He seemed super excited about the future for the club and looking forward to a massive pre-season. Said he would be happy to play anywhere so long as he can be out and playing with the boys (yeah stock standard) Didn’t ask much more than that. Seems really nice and a guy I’d love to share a few beers with.
On the couple of occasions I have met the Caff, that super excited and love for the club really came across. Happy to stay and have a chat (the first time he was injured) about how hard he was working to get his leg right.
Gave so much time to the kids around him wanting autographs where other players signed a couple and just walked off.
Immediately became one of my favourites and can see him around the club possibly working there for many years to come.

Thank you to all the great BigFooty people who got involved in sponsoring Taylor Adams this year (especially Magpie Girl for her efforts to organise it!). I had a great night at the Copeland last night (as one of your representatives along with Corey & Laurie Holden). I have shown a few pics of the night and you can tell my age (50) with some of the players I had pics with. The highlight (apart from meeting the BigFooty boys) was holding the 2 Premiership Cups that we have won in my lifetime (1990 & 2010). I got in trouble from the Security Guard for touching them! My excuse.....Bucket List item! I spoke to Taylor and he was very thankful for our sponsorship and wished you all well. 2016 will be big (his words). Enjoy. FreddoFrog65.
well played mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back