List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow you're not still seriously looking at that deal in isolation are you?

Perspective: The Melksham trade is just one piece of the puzzle and it's all about net gains over the trade period. We were always thinking two steps ahead with every move, trying to upgrade our list and improve our draft position. Yes only time will tell but in my view we've achieved both our trade period objectives with flying colours and it's not easy to do both of those things at the same time. Glass half full.

Read my post above it rather than, as you say, looking solely at one piece of the puzzle.

All im saying is calm down on the long awaited movie: "The :rainbow: Demon supporters strike back"

"The Demon Doomsayer" has been on repeat for years.

Pointing to today's events can hardly be claimed as an 'i told you so' yet.

Last edited:

Just quietly they way we are accumulating these picks has a bit of Hawthorn 04/05/06 about it.

They still had a first rounder the following year though. Settle petal.

I hope youre right but we aint no ******* Hawthorn, they just won 3 flags in a row didnt they?

Very good trading I'd say. Hope we get a mid and a tall at the draft. Sure we don't have a first rounder next year but we bring in picks 3 and 7 this year and means we can start developing the players now.

Read my post above it rather than, as you say, looking solely at one piece of the puzzle.

All im saying is calm down the on long awaited movie: "The :rainbow: Demon supporters strike back"

"The Demon Doomsayer" has been on repeat for years.

Pointing to today's events can hardly be claimed as an 'i told you so' yet.

True, but the same way people can look at a trade and say it's s**t or half way through the trade period say this club sucks, Mahoney should resign, I'm signing up to GWS etc etc before anyone has played a game you can equally say well done to the club for what appears to most independent people and many football experts to be a fantastic trade period. It's the same thing. You can't say it's fine to do one and not the other when they're just different perspectives at the same point in time. Capisce?

I hope youre right but we aint no ******* Hawthorn, they just won 3 flags in a row didnt they?

You can't say that getting a first rounder in a year earlier wouldn't be beneficial for the club - we'll still have the same number of first rounders and can develop a player.

True, but the same way people can look at a trade and say it's s**t or half way through the trade period say this club sucks, Mahoney should resign, I'm signing up to GWS etc etc before anyone has played a game you can equally say well done to the club for what appears to most independent people and many football experts to be a fantastic trade period. It's the same thing. You can't say it's fine to do one and not the other when they're just different perspectives at the same point in time. Capisce?

Yea, but you can hardly blame people saying such things after all the s**t we have had to put up with over the years could you?

I get that you and some others are passionate and positive about the club, im happy for you, but dont mistake anger and negativity for people not caring, most of them only get so mad and pissed off cause they really give a *. They are just as passionate, they want the club to succeed just as much as next person.

"i didnt want to have to do that s**t baby, but you brought that s**t upon yourself"

You can't say that getting a first rounder in a year earlier wouldn't be beneficial for the club - we'll still have the same number of first rounders and can develop a player.

?

I didnt say it wasnt, all i said is we had better get the picks spot on.

There will be no Presita's and like for us next year, makes it very hard to trade for young talent without a first rounder.

But if we get the pick correct, i dont care, happy days. :thumbsu:

If today showed us nothing else, it was how easy it is to get yourself a first round pick with the Academy bidding system. If we can pick up an extra pick somewhere along the line, we may even be able to grab our original pick back from the Suns.

Regardless of the individual trades we've made, as a whole, the period has been a rousing success ... Given it took a week and a half for it to get to that point, I'd back the club in to make next year the same with a year and a week to work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys have absolutely destroyed this period, you're setting yourself up for a dynasty. To top it off, can I interest you in Carlisle for pick 7?

Hehe, Carlisle will be a gun for the Saints, I wouldn't worry too much about this recent off field stuff. At worst he'll get a slap on the wrist and we'll all forget about it in 6 months time.

nickgrant69 can you answer for me?

The age of the player will be relevant to sum of how much you think he's worth minus how much opposition thinks his worth minus your level of sarcasm plus how old he will be in 2018 in February

Multiply It all by 0 and then add 23
That's the age

You're not going to do well around here complaining about what some of us post or telling us how to feel. The best thing about this board is we all rarely agree on anything and that's why it's a useful place to visit. Chill down, this board is not an echo chamber.

Don't stress about Prestia guys. The first round pick for 2017 will cover it. Prestia will be out of contract and has pretty much told the club he will be coming next year, he just wants to honour his word/contract this year. O'Meara you can pretty much kiss goodbye though I believe. Unless we can do some last minute heroics for him.

Don't stress about Prestia guys. The first round pick for 2017 will cover it. Prestia will be out of contract and has pretty much told the club he will be coming next year, he just wants to honour his word/contract this year. O'Meara you can pretty much kiss goodbye though I believe. Unless we can do some last minute heroics for him.

What happened to the can't trade two future first round picks in a row rule?

Or did i just imagine this or did someone do a seriously good purple monkey dishwasher on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back