2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys general question and not certain where to post...

We got any good father sons coming through in the next couple of seasons?
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/father-son-watch.788717/

Apparently Lachie Harris is quite good (Dermie gave him a big wrap from memory). Only 169cm so hopefully he grows.
I think Lachie is two years away from being drafted. Dermie called lachie the best junior he'd ever seen.

There's a Johnson in 2017 according to the father/son watch and I think a Bradshaw was roughly the same age (that's not to say theyre gun prospects)

Did lambert play enough to qualify? Think one of his boys is mad keen on the lions...

The oldest Voss couldn't be far away?

I think Lachie is two years away from being drafted. Dermie called lachie the best junior he'd ever seen.

There's a Johnson in 2017 according to the father/son watch and I think a Bradshaw was roughly the same age (that's not to say theyre gun prospects)

Did lambert play enough to qualify? Think one of his boys is mad keen on the lions...

The oldest Voss couldn't be far away?

Lambert played 96 games for Brisbane Lions/Bears, so unfortunately no father/son there. They won't qualify under our Academy system either unless they spend 5 years in our zone before they reach 18, which I don't think they will.

Lambert played 96 games for Brisbane Lions/Bears, so unfortunately no father/son there. They won't qualify under our Academy system either unless they spend 5 years in our zone before they reach 18, which I don't think they will.
So we'll have to pinch them after 2 years you are saying?

IIRC Scharenberg looked like walking out on Collingwood right until fairly late in the piece. That may have been part of this whole stage play - if he left the Pies, Aish saw no reason in heading there. When he re-signed Aish bought in.
I think it also coincided with Collingwood working out how they were getting Treloar. I reckon Aish announcing his decision was triggered by a green light from the Pies. Until he got the go ahead from Collingwood, it was better to not burn his bridges here.

I think it also coincided with Collingwood working out how they were getting Treloar. I reckon Aish announcing his decision was triggered by a green light from the Pies. Until he got the go ahead from Collingwood, it was better to not burn his bridges here.

This exactly. Duplicity has name and it starts with J.

Pretty much what I believe happened. I don't doubt that the pies were targeting Aish from the moment we got beams.

The really annoying thing is why he waited so long when a clear path had opened up to get there as part of the beams trade.

Pretty much what I believe happened. I don't doubt that the pies were targeting Aish from the moment we got beams.

The really annoying thing is why he waited so long when a clear path had opened up to get there as part of the beams trade.

It is annoying. Could have been a straight swap or him and Crisp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope the karma bus hits young James hard.
What a little xxxx.

I read that as young James Hird ... then I wondered if James had a son ... then I wondered why the Lion's father-son speak had branched off into Essendon ones ... then I re-read it and realised we were talking about the late and unlamented prince!

Even if Aish expressed his desire or interest to go to Collingwood, the club would of rejected his request.

Last edited:

Given Collingwood was talking pick 5 + Aish, would it really have been a win to keep 25 instead of getting 26 + the Saints' 2016 second rounder?

if you look at the elevated price of trades this year, we got away with daylight robbery for Beams and Christensen. especially Bundy, this year, or dealing with anyone but Geelong he would have cost 2, 1st rds.

It may not seem like it to everyone yet but i think the 'Schwab Years' will be looked back on with fondness.. our list is coming together really well and with an identity, we are Queenslanders first and we will soon have a team full of them, I for one am happy to lose a bit of perceived trade value this year, and in years to come, to set our identity and kulcha up in the long run.

The players in the team between the ages of 20-25 are of an elite standing, get the identity right and keep the skilled interstaters we have to through front ended contracts and the apparent miracles of the messiah Lamberts. 2018 is the year for me, Qld kids are 20-23 y.o. and contributing with (hopefully Schache roaming around) and then our elite mids will be 28-30 and hopefully the best in the comp.

may be over-valuing some of our players but I really see something special with what we are building, Redden is the only one going forward that I saw in this mythical 2018 premiership team, but hey so be it.

It wouldn't be a stupid move, Walker is a good pick up and gives us a bit of depth.. does anyone know what's going on with Paine? Carlton may yet pick up Schache.
It wouldn't be a great move..
Carlton will take Weitering and we will take Schache and then remember Close, Walker, Paine and Archie as backup tall fwds already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back