List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Although he is listed at 190 cm Grant doesn't really play tall, so has never been suited to playing as a 2nd or 3rd tall, something that is born out by his career thus far and the idea of having to watch him have 30-40 shots on goal will send your supporter base into states of apoplexy. His set shots like his defensive work, where he seems to switch off for extended periods is not his best attribute. If you are wise you will use him to your best advantage and play him exclusively where he has played his best football, on the wing where he can use his smarts, incredibly quick hands and pace to distribute the ball.

15-20 goals would be an outstanding return for him. To be perfectly honest, anything else is pretty unrealistic.
Appreciate the heads up, but the Suns website has already published that he won't be playing on the wing. He'll be playing in the high half-forward role.

Considering he cost nothing it's worth the risk imo.

Carlton board salivating over the gorringe signing. Wow are they in for dissapointment

He is still surprisingly rated by other clubs supporters on here. I guess it shows how little attention we get in Victoria, with people saying he is still showing potential :drunk: and would be a good pickup. He is going to want to lift his game a couple of rungs if he wants to even perform in the VFL next year. But in saying that, maybe a fresh start is all he needs. Good luck to him, and I still hope he can at least become a best 22 player for Carlton, as he was one of my favourites in season 1 (have no idea why, but he was).

Just had a look , its as though Gorringe is the 2nd coming , could'nt bring myself to ruin there excitment.
Yes my conclusions were that 99% of them have never seen him play. Perhaps play was too strong a word, more like "stand around on the field ballgazing while a game goes on around him".

Last edited:
Carlton board salivating over the gorringe signing. Wow are they in for dissapointment

Surely they realise he couldn't even get a game in our team when we only had 24 players to pick from?
That wasn't bloody mindedness on the selection committee's behalf, that was because he was the worst player in the senior squad
And lets not forget we were a pretty ordinary team this year

Surely they realise he couldn't even get a game in our team when we only had 24 players to pick from?
That wasn't bloody mindedness on the selection committee's behalf, that was because he was the worst player in the senior squad
And lets not forget we were a pretty ordinary team this year
Carlton were more ordinary and will likely remain so... especially if they are turning to likes of Gorringe !!

I haven't followed this thread too closely, but does anyone else think it's as funny as I find it that we ended up with Jarrad Grant?

Of course you can justify it to yourself if you like, but he's the most consistently inconsistent turd of a footballer in the AFL haha.
Obviously I hope he comes on with us but LOL. This time last year we were talking top 4 and sneaky flag chances. Now it's missing out on Howe and picking up Jarrad bloody Grant haha!
I have to admit... it's a bit underwhelming. lol

Mind you, Grant looks like a hard-worker, he just has terrible disposal by foot that lets him down.

I will see what he turns into.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appreciate the heads up, but the Suns website has already published that he won't be playing on the wing. He'll be playing in the high half-forward role.

Considering he cost nothing it's worth the risk imo.

Not surprisingly I don't really spend a lot of time on your clubs site, so wasn't really aware of your intentions for Grant and far be it for me to tell Rocket what to do, but from my experience playing him forward would be somewhat of a folly. I do however agree that at the price he is most certainly worth the small amount of risk that he brings.

Anyway, as somebody that was really disappointed when he was let go, I genuinely wish him the best and hope that he can cement his place in your squad regardless of his field position. Having met him briefly at a couple of club functions, the wacky bastard has always been a favourite of mine (hence my intrusion here) and I will continue to watch his career with interest.

Really not... We just needed another list clogger after finally getting rid of Warnock. He comes at over $300k cheaper as well.

Actually a pretty big fan of the Suns and do wish you guys a lot of success. Looking forward to seeing what Wright can bring in 2016!!!

All the best.

We are currently lacking in the 3rd tall forward role, and I guess Rocket rates Everitt from their time together at the Bulldogs? But it did come out of nowhere on the final day. Was exciting though!
So we get Spindleshanks instead - all's good ....and Rocket coached him as well !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back