International 2015 World Club Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Broncos and Rabbitohs join 2015 World Club Challenge

The best Rugby League players in the world will collide in 2015 in a newly expanded six-team World Club Series.

The annual clash between the First Utility Super Leaguechampions and the Telstra NRL Premiers will again take centre stage next February. But in 2015 the two grand final winners will be joined by two other clubs from each competition.

The World Club Series will be played in the United Kingdom over three days, from Friday February 20 to Sunday February 22, climaxing in the World Club Challenge to determine the world's best club Rugby League team.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs and Brisbane Broncos have already confirmed their involvement in the World Club Series, even if they do not win this year's NRL Grand Final.

Other NRL clubs have expressed interest in joining this year's Premiers in taking part in the challenge.

Super League will be represented by the 2014 Grand Finalists plus the third highest ranked team from the Northern Hemisphere competition.

I would have thought both comps would have the 2 Grand Finalists & then the highest placed after that, but alas that would be too logical for the NRL

So apparently the "biggest, richest, best rugby comp on the planet" (as we're always being told) requires the participating Superleague clubs (not the RFL) to fund the cost of their trip to England?

You'll forgive me if I'm a little underwhelmed by this. I do realise, of course, how good it is of NRL clubs to take time out from their crowded schedule to take part in our parochial little competition, but still... :mad:

And we wonder why the game doesn't have more of an international footprint? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back