Remove this Banner Ad

Stick it out and work hard to fix things up
What's boga, Nyah, balranald going to do roota, where are their juniors on the ladder, there's not enough kids and locals to compete with a side like kerang, they'd be better off in the golden rivers, the central murray is in for tough times to maintain a major league status, the amount of guys over 35 that are still easily in their sides best 22, and compare that to 10 years ago, there was hardly anyone playing ones that age

What's boga, Nyah, balranald going to do roota, where are their juniors on the ladder, there's not enough kids and locals to compete with a side like kerang, they'd be better off in the golden rivers, the central murray is in for tough times to maintain a major league status, the amount of guys over 35 that are still easily in their sides best 22, and compare that to 10 years ago, there was hardly anyone playing ones that age

I get that but my mob were no different and were even worse off only a few years ago. I agree a bit of a shake up of footy in the area is needed and the probability of a couple of mergers is high but just jumping ship and leaving the league isn't the answer in my opinion

I get that but my mob were no different and were even worse off only a few years ago. I agree a bit of a shake up of footy in the area is needed and the probability of a couple of mergers is high but just jumping ship and leaving the league isn't the answer in my opinion
Rootas right Cohuna went thru this a few years ago and looked at other leagues then decided to have a dip an made the GF just part of the cycle

Rootas right Cohuna went thru this a few years ago and looked at other leagues then decided to have a dip an made the GF just part of the cycle
let's look at the clubs:
T/M: no U16's, they turned up at Cohuna with 11 U18's, there other junior sides struggled. also hear they are looking to merge with anyone
Balranald: no U18's, very few people on the committee, have been uncompetitive for a few years now in most grades
Swan Hill: held a meeting to find out how to get more people to help, no U18's after making a grand final in 2014
Lake Boga: allegedly still paying players from last year, looking to merge with another club
Mallee: rumours going around they are looking to merge with another club (watch Roota jump up and down with this comment)
Tyntynder: have got their stuff together this year, but have struggled with juniors over the last few years
Nyah: seem to be ok but like others struggling with juniors
Woorinen, Kerang, KB and Cohuna: still filling all grades of football, but finding it more difficult every year to get kids to fill teams. for the first time in along time Cohuna had to forfeit an U16 game this year.
and don't get me started on the board, they can't get enough numbers (they need 7 and have 5) to make any decisions. the league is dying, give it a few years and will be merged with GRFL. and then they want to get Sea Lake, another 151kms Cohuna would need to travel to play footy.

let's look at the clubs:
T/M: no U16's, they turned up at Cohuna with 11 U18's, there other junior sides struggled. also hear they are looking to merge with anyone
Balranald: no U18's, very few people on the committee, have been uncompetitive for a few years now in most grades
Swan Hill: held a meeting to find out how to get more people to help, no U18's after making a grand final in 2014
Lake Boga: allegedly still paying players from last year, looking to merge with another club
Mallee: rumours going around they are looking to merge with another club (watch Roota jump up and down with this comment)
Tyntynder: have got their stuff together this year, but have struggled with juniors over the last few years
Woorinen, Kerang, KB and Cohuna: still filling all grades of football, but finding it more difficult every year to get kids to fill teams. for the first time in along time Cohuna had to forfeit an U16 game this year.
and don't get me started on the board, they can't get enough numbers (they need 7 and have 5) to make any decisions. the league is dying, give it a few years and will be merged with GRFL. and then they want to get Sea Lake, another 151kms Cohuna would need to travel to play footy.

No jumping up and down from me mate. We would be mad if we weren't having chats with clubs

let's look at the clubs:

The golden rivers footy league could really prosper in coming years, with kerang, Cohuna, swan hill, tyntynder, raiders and maybe woorineen the only clubs strong enough to play in a major league, maybe to merge with the sunrayisia football league for these clubs, with robin vale/Euston and sea lake to join Nyah, balranald, mallee eagles, tooley to join the golden rivers

I don't blame the kangas for exploring their options, i just don't like them looking at a district league. The CMFL has obviously dropped away and the HDFL has strengthened up with the arrival of Weeks/Barnes/Herdman ect but the HDFL is still a district league. I just find it incredibly sad that this is where the Kangas are at.

I don't blame the kangas for exploring their options, i just don't like them looking at a district league. The CMFL has obviously dropped away and the HDFL has strengthened up with the arrival of Weeks/Barnes/Herdman ect but the HDFL is still a district league. I just find it incredibly sad that this is where the Kangas are at.
Unfortunately the CMFNL is now only a district league and will become so more and more

let's look at the clubs:

We've got exactly the same problems with Juniors in the Ballarat Football League Sebastpol ballarat, North City all struggling for numbers some had to yes forfeit one game Sebas only had 12 players Melton South wouldnt even give em any other clubs are good with sebas giving them players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BELMONT LIONS IN THE GDFL ARE LOOKING FOR A PLAYING OR NON PLAYING COACH FOR 2016,WILL BE ADVERTISED IN THE GEELONG ADVERTISER 10/10

It appears that Lake Boga are on the bite for players nice and early.
Hopefully they can get a few more than reported and climb back up the Ladder.

In other news... a contract between a certain CMFL tricoloured club and a talented player has become frayed. Very interesting situation indeed.

It appears that Lake Boga are on the bite for players nice and early.
Hopefully they can get a few more than reported and climb back up the Ladder.

In other news... a contract between a certain CMFL tricoloured club and a talented player has become frayed. Very interesting situation indeed.

Boga certainly seem to be reaping the benefits of the Woomelang situation.

Tell us more on the contract situation

It is a messy situation. Not so much a contract dispute, more so Player/Club Insurance scenario.
But 'Player X' is feeling a little jaded about it all. Makes a contract renewal that little bit tougher.

Boga certainly seem to be reaping the benefits of the Woomelang situation.

Tell us more on the contract situation

Hamish Hoopell coming across to Rochy in 2016 Roota. Did he win his B&F as a ruckman or key forward? Have not seen him play since he was about 17 yo. What is he playing like these days mate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back