2016/17 LFFL Draft Discussion

Would like to hear from them first haha

See if thy can defend themselves
I accidentally said them instead of the*

I meant cutting the time limits as a whole to 12 hours, not just targeting them :p Though that would probably work too haha

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Pokemon is Life
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry I haven't been getting tags and have had a busy couple of days.

12 hours regardless of time is what is has always been and that's good for me. It's not hard to check at 10pm so if someone take a pick at 10:01, you'll know you're still good for 10 am. If it's almost your pick you should have a preference list anyway. WAG has offered to take pref lists so Im not sure why people don't do this. A few years ago pref lists were the rage and we smashed through the draft. I know the naysayers will say "It's just a good, got a life" blah, blah, blah, but drafting is the funnest part of the game, especially when there's momentum.

If I were running the show:
1) 12 hour limits.
2) If the 12 hour deadline is going to fall between midnight and 6am, the next person and person after that etc can take their picks from 10pm that night. The draft continues. That'll get people to use pref lists.
3) If you've been skipped two rounds in a row, you get the Coveted LFFL F$ck You and not waited for. The person picking after you can just go.

I'm having a ripping draft, getting guns every round so I want it to keep going while you guys keep spudding it up.

Drew23

Premiership Player
May 12, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
12 hours regardless of time is what is has always been and that's good for me. It's not hard to check at 10pm so if someone take a pick at 10:01, you'll know you're still good for 10 am. If it's almost your pick you should have a preference list anyway. WAG has offered to take pref lists so Im not sure why people don't do this. A few years ago pref lists were the rage and we smashed through the draft. I know the naysayers will say "It's just a good, got a life" blah, blah, blah, but drafting is the funnest part of the game, especially when there's momentum.

If I were running the show:
1) 12 hour limits.
2) If the 12 hour deadline is going to fall between midnight and 6am, the next person and person after that etc can take their picks from 10pm that night. The draft continues. That'll get people to use pref lists.
3) If you've been skipped two rounds in a row, you get the Coveted LFFL F$ck You and not waited for. The person picking after you can just go.

I'm having a ripping draft, getting guns every round so I want it to keep going while you guys keep spudding it up.
Not sure why some teams didnt name a team and went mia for several weeks last year either.....but wouldn't want to single out anyone:tonguewink:

Not sure why some teams didn't name a team and went mia for several weeks last year either.....but wouldn't want to single out anyone:tonguewink:
Select few of us are privy to this information. The 'several' weeks, thanks, Drew, you're very kind, did allow me and my entourage of support staff to gather valuable intel and LFFL perspective, making suggestions like the above come very naturally in our pursuit for the betterment of the game.

Deddy

Sheezel Lover
Mar 4, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Australian Boomers
I enjoy the game but don't care enough to check every couple of hours to see if it's my turn. I honestly don't see the rush in speeding up the draft it's the only LFFL related thing to do for months anyways.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
I enjoy the game but don't care enough to check every couple of hours to see if it's my turn. I honestly don't see the rush in speeding up the draft it's the only LFFL related thing to do for months anyways.
The champ has spoken noobs!

Okay, seeing it's school holidays I have a spare 5 minutes;

Liked the Crameri pick. Offers good value as a 3rd forward, Sam Gibson is also a pass, although not anywhere near my radar. Backs are probably the easiest position to pick in later rounds so not a huge fan on using too many early emergency picks on them. Still, he was there so decent. Like Cloke, my pick was out of Dixon, Cloke or the Big Rough. With forwards, it's a roll of the dice anyway so he's as good as any to go big when playing. After that, Elliot, Day, Stevens, hmmm, nah, but good luck. Griffen too, haven't looked at his numbers but has never struck me as an LFFL weapon. Like Petracca a lot. Everyone wants a few gun kids on their list in the hope that they become future Skooks Medalists (not sure if the medal was named after Skooks, but you know what I mean). Menagola, NFI, Boyd, where do you play him? I thought about him a while ago but guessed I'd waste 5 weeks deciding on his position. Rednecks went Lobbe and Gray. Two great picks. Picken, good pick. Hartlett, never considered, but that doesn't mean much as I wasn't chasing his type. Might improve now he's copped a reality check. After that, I like WAG's pick. Decent back up tackler. I think Wallis was a waste and shouldn't have been drafted at all. He'll come back very late in the season and broken legs are worse than knees to come back from. I'm tipping we won't see a return of decent LFFL numbers from him until a significant date.

Like the Touk Miller pick. Knew he wouldn't last to my next pick but convinced myself I'd be more shattered to miss Redden than Miller.

The last five rounds we'll go to eight hours. If anyone needs to send a preference list, feel free to shoot one through to myself or WAG and if you're looking for a less trustworthy person, I suggest amos ;) Let's try and get this done before Christmas.

Deddy

Sheezel Lover
Mar 4, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The last five rounds we'll go to eight hours. If anyone needs to send a preference list, feel free to shoot one through to myself or WAG and if you're looking for a less trustworthy person, I suggest amos ;) Let's try and get this done before Christmas.
Never before has the time limit been shortened. So so stupid.

WAG

The People's Captain
Mar 3, 2010
In the trenches.
AFL Club
Adelaide
o-KID-TANTRUM-facebook.jpg

Never before has the time between picks been so long... with a record amount of skipped picks... the only coaches who have a problem generally are those who are taking up all the time.

Deddy

Sheezel Lover
Mar 4, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shouldn't be punished for being 18 and having a job and social life that comes before checking big footy every 8 hours.

Never before has the time between picks been so long... with a record amount of skipped picks... the only coaches who have a problem generally are those who are taking up all the time.
I was taking my picks as quick as possible and I'll be punished for the change in time even though I haven't not picked or taken unneccassarily long.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Shouldn't be punished for being 18 and having a job and social life that comes before checking big footy every 8 hours.

I was taking my picks as quick as possible and I'll be punished for the change in time even though I haven't not picked or taken unneccassarily long.
1. What is a social life

2. Surely it can't be better than an LFFL

3. How can you not check bigfooty every 8 hours I set an alarm for 3am every morning

The other alternative is 24 hrs you start with and once you miss a pick (skipped) your time is halved. So if like Gentlemen you've been skipped twice you're down to six hours. We could make three the lowest.

Means it doesn't penalise guys that might have a bad one-off outside the 8 hrs but cracks down on offenders who have held up the draft.

Back