2016-17 Lower Leagues & Non-League thread

Remove this Banner Ad

2-0 loss to already relegated Southport. 2 games to go. Probably not the best time to start having shock losses!

Lewes lost on the weekend to mean we missed out on playoffs this season.

Got 1 match left in the season. Shame but we should be a bit better next season.

Are ya going to make any big decisions? Spend big during the summer? Big ambitions for promotion?

Maybe you can get an English league extension for FM and actually play as Lewes.

EU4 being Europa Universalis 4? If so, I didn't realise the Great Wall was included (I have EU4 but only dabbled in it for a few hours - mostly around the French Revolution times and nations). Maybe I need to revisit and suss out the other continents...

Don't worry, every club has it's share of idiots and horse punchers (that might actually just be us!). That is indeed a crazy stat for Coventry. I wonder what it must be like. They must just be used to their existence with bottom half finishes and not much in the way of exciting events to let the fans even dream.

P.S on actual topic, FGR booked their spot in the playoffs with a 2-0 win over Chester. Doubt we can pinch the league so looks like we need to do it the hard way...

The one and the same. It's there as a mission, but it gets a little more love with the new expansion, especially when you're defending your dynasty from the North. You should play from the 1444 start date. Tell you one thing, very educational! If FM helped develop my core knowledge of geography, than EU4 perfected that along with some bits of history (though I find it funny Belgrade wasn't considered important enough historically to be its own province in EU4). Though ironically, while I have developed my knowledge of many countries, thanks to my lack of time in the HRE... I still need a lot of work with my German geography, which is meant to be the part that gets the most attention.

Makes you wonder why would one be a fan in the first place. We just had a Coventry fan rant about how the club is going, and had just informed us that many are not renewing their season tickets. The club no longer represents them. In fact, they are basically going to get evicted b the re-branded Wasps rugby team. Such is the state of affairs down there. To think we once had a rivalry as equals, now look at them. Wouldn't surprise me if they were non-league next year, and possibly bankrupt altogether.

Are ya going to make any big decisions? Spend big during the summer? Big ambitions for promotion?

Maybe you can get an English league extension for FM and actually play as Lewes.
I actually tried playing Lewes on FM - gee it was hard! Have absolutely no money and don't know any of the players to try and target haha.

The one and the same. It's there as a mission, but it gets a little more love with the new expansion, especially when you're defending your dynasty from the North. You should play from the 1444 start date. Tell you one thing, very educational! If FM helped develop my core knowledge of geography, than EU4 perfected that along with some bits of history (though I find it funny Belgrade wasn't considered important enough historically to be its own province in EU4). Though ironically, while I have developed my knowledge of many countries, thanks to my lack of time in the HRE... I still need a lot of work with my German geography, which is meant to be the part that gets the most attention.

Makes you wonder why would one be a fan in the first place. We just had a Coventry fan rant about how the club is going, and had just informed us that many are not renewing their season tickets. The club no longer represents them. In fact, they are basically going to get evicted b the re-branded Wasps rugby team. Such is the state of affairs down there. To think we once had a rivalry as equals, now look at them. Wouldn't surprise me if they were non-league next year, and possibly bankrupt altogether.

I may very well need to try that! Funny you mention the HRE. I usually play as a tiny German nation during the Napoleonic wars (think last time I was Mecklenburg) and try to grow my tiny empire while avoid being absorbed by the comparatively huge neighbours in each direction. It never ceases to amaze me how much you can learn through mediums like games.

Very worrying signs for Coventry - especially if fans don't even identify with the club anymore. Without wanting to be cynical, unless some new cashed up owner comes in with lofty ambitions and statement signings to generate some buzz again, maybe the club needs to be 'reset' again and built up from scratch as a new entity. Although not the most storied club in terms of honours, would still be sad to see them go under though.

Come on your Tranmere Rovers. Lincoln way to good. Rovers 2nd and onto the playoffs. Hope we go up.

Come on your Tranmere Rovers. Lincoln way to good. Rovers 2nd and onto the playoffs. Hope we go up.

I think you want the wrong 'Rovers' to go up pal - the Forest Green variety all the way! :p

I may very well need to try that! Funny you mention the HRE. I usually play as a tiny German nation during the Napoleonic wars (think last time I was Mecklenburg) and try to grow my tiny empire while avoid being absorbed by the comparatively huge neighbours in each direction. It never ceases to amaze me how much you can learn through mediums like games.

Very worrying signs for Coventry - especially if fans don't even identify with the club anymore. Without wanting to be cynical, unless some new cashed up owner comes in with lofty ambitions and statement signings to generate some buzz again, maybe the club needs to be 'reset' again and built up from scratch as a new entity. Although not the most storied club in terms of honours, would still be sad to see them go under though.

It's weird, because when I do, it's Brabant, and thanks to my mod, I aim to create Belgium as well as a beautiful union between the Flemish and Walloons. I even did that to spread that even nature to the US, so you had Flemish New Brussels and Walloon Philly. I know what you mean, it has further enhanced my geography and history further (well, with the mod, certainly not just with the vanilla game!)

That's pretty much it. In fact, that's pretty much what they want, to reset and start fresh. They're in a very bad state and they want a new club to rise from the ashes. It's sad, but sometimes that's what is best. Getting kicked out by the former London Wasps is just a new low.

'wall with a late winner to scrape into playoffs.
Port Vale to join Swindon, Coventry and Chesterfield in League 2

Into the mire of Administation,best players all gone, two relegations, managers coming and going, transfer embargoes......
But through it all, Bolton are promoted back to Championship at the first attempt.
Really proud...took a lot of steel to weather those storms. Well done BWFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play offs for the Conference kick off this week.

Tranmere (2nd) v Aldershot (5th).
Forest Green (3rd) v Dag and Red (4th).

Hopefully we can go one step further this season haha.

Stuff those Green Vego Hippy Rovers (LOL)

Go Tranmere

Go eat a sweet potato burger pal. You're not you when you're hungry! :p

3392410.jpg

That extra point does help, because your GD is horrible.

Just win, and you'll be fine.

I think I saw they are playing away to 5th place Exeter which may be tricky...

Then again, they are guaranteed a spot in the playoffs so might want to 'rest/take it easy' before the playoff series kicks off.

I think I saw they are playing away to 5th place Exeter which may be tricky...

Then again, they are guaranteed a spot in the playoffs so might want to 'rest/take it easy' before the playoff series kicks off.

Away to Exeter... got to work for that playoff place then! Hopefully Exeter could rest up, because they'll be hosting Carlisle again next week then! (That would be extremely killer)

Aldershot 0- Tranmere 3

Big Advantage to Tranmere with the Home leg at Home

Come on Your Rovers

Aldershot 0- Tranmere 3

Come on Your Rovers

That's some ominous form....

:'(:'(:'(

Aldershot 0- Tranmere 3

Come on Your Rovers
Beautiful

Only one I'm not too fond of seeing promoted is aldershot

Like the other 3 clubs :) (dag and red was my FIFA team like 10 years ago in the coach mode, turning them from league 2 to premier league champs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back