2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

i welcome posts made concerning the use or oriental in an earlier post. I appreciate nobbys post also.

Having studied International Relations, and Race Relations in Australia, I myself feel at ease in discussing such matters. As City Boyz correctly asserted I am Bigfootys quintessential Asian, also tigs2010 raised it.

I use oriental, and used it recently with colleagues, to differentiate between the far east and asians of the sub continent.

Nick Ansell has scored a deal in Portugal's Primera Liga. I can't say that I've heard of Tondela, but Portugal has historically been a pretty decent league.

I've said in the past that I dislike Australian players leaving the A-League to play for non major leagues - but it's not like he's going to a shitty Balkan or a Scandinavian league. For a guy that we no longer wanted, I'm really happy for him that he's scored himself an opportunity that seems to be a really great one.

I hope he goes well, and that his body holds up. If he'd ever been able to get his body right, we would've re-signed him in a minute.

Nick Ansell has scored a deal in Portugal's Primera Liga. I can't say that I've heard of Tondela, but Portugal has historically been a pretty decent league.

I've said in the past that I dislike Australian players leaving the A-League to play for non major leagues - but it's not like he's going to a shitty Balkan or a Scandinavian league. For a guy that we no longer wanted, I'm really happy for him that he's scored himself an opportunity that seems to be a really great one.

I hope he goes well, and that his body holds up. If he'd ever been able to get his body right, we would've re-signed him in a minute.
Haha have you read the intro they gave him on the club website?
Something like: Welcome brave warrior, you will soon become one of our heroes.
Wouldn't it be great if A League intros were like that haha

Haha have you read the intro they gave him on the club website?
Something like: Welcome brave warrior, you will soon become one of our heroes.
Wouldn't it be great if A League intros were like that haha
Welcome foreign player that no one has ever heard of, we have watched your youtube highlights and now know your entire careers work. We hope you succeed.

Yeah I really like Nick, I'd love to see him succeed at a European club

Thoughts on your schedule lads?

Good :thumbsu:: Our Run home looks good six games out of the last eight at AAMI Park or be it one is an away derby.
Bad :thumbsdown:: We don't play at AAMI Park till December 23rd our first home game there not until the week later on the 29th

Thoughts on your schedule lads?

Being from Adelaide I always look forward to Adelaide away, disappointing the game is at AO. Was at the AO game the season we won the double and whilst I didn't mind it, it's nothing on Hindmarsh. Oh well least I'm guaranteed a ticket, not that that ever worried me, got plenty of family who are AU fans who always get me tickets when I make the trip.

Being from Adelaide I always look forward to Adelaide away, disappointing the game is at AO. Was at the AO game the season we won the double and whilst I didn't mind it, it's nothing on Hindmarsh. Oh well least I'm guaranteed a ticket, not that that ever worried me, got plenty of family who are AU fans who always get me tickets when I make the trip.
Out of all the clubs you go for Victory? Wow, your Adelaide mate so stay close to your roots and go local. Being a big South Melbourne and NSL man myself I hate it when people just jump on to the Victoey bandwagon and plastic club.

Out of all the clubs you go for Victory? Wow, your Adelaide mate so stay close to your roots and go local. Being a big South Melbourne and NSL man myself I hate it when people just jump on to the Victoey bandwagon and plastic club.

I love a good troll, unfortunately this is not one.

Anyone know when they start the seating allocation for members? Going to try and get better seats again this year.

I love a good troll, unfortunately this is not one.

Anyone know when they start the seating allocation for members? Going to try and get better seats again this year.

I'll be dialing it back to GA this year, I just don't feel like there's value in the A category given the outrageous price, nor is there value in the B category given the shitty seating.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I haven't read the email or opened the snail mail they sent me this week yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be dialing it back to GA this year, I just don't feel like there's value in the A category given the outrageous price, nor is there value in the B category given the shitty seating.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I haven't read the email or opened the snail mail they sent me this week yet.
Do they ever have general admin on the wings?

As said before I hate victory and their treatment towards fans is disgusting.

If there's people prepared to pay it - which there is - where's the problem?

The treatment of the active fans was pretty gross over the last couple of seasons, but the fact that I don't see value in the Cat A & B memberships doesn't mean that other people agree, and it isn't a reflection on their treatment of fans. They should absolutely charge as much as people are prepared to pay.

If there's people prepared to pay it - which there is - where's the problem?

The treatment of the active fans was pretty gross over the last couple of seasons, but the fact that I don't see value in the Cat A & B memberships doesn't mean that other people agree, and it isn't a reflection on their treatment of fans. They should absolutely charge as much as people are prepared to pay.
I was referring to the NT treatment and how the club started that bullshit active group for about 3 games. My cousins a memeber and he reckon it's fine.

So Milligans chances of playing in England are all but over, got to feel for the guy but on the flipside I find it hard to imagine that there wasn't interest before he went to the gulf for cash.

Anyone have any news/gossip about player movement? The victory forum is closed now so no idea were to look.

So Milligans chances of playing in England are all but over, got to feel for the guy but on the flipside I find it hard to imagine that there wasn't interest before he went to the gulf for cash.

Anyone have any news/gossip about player movement? The victory forum is closed now so no idea were to look.
Some guy on Twitter says you have made an offer for Dario Vidosic

Some guy on Twitter says you have made an offer for Dario Vidosic
Oh ffs, I really hope this isn't true. You can't tell me a club like ours shouldn't be aiming a little higher, may as well change the club/league logo to this
recycling-symbol_318-33231.jpg

Oh ffs, I really hope this isn't true. You can't tell me a club like ours shouldn't be aiming a little higher, may as well change the club/league logo to this
recycling-symbol_318-33231.jpg

I've said it multiple times but I really dislike the conservatism and lack of imagination this club shows when it comes to transfers.

I'd be staggered if we didn't end up re-signing Milligan at some point. Adrian Leijer will also inevitably come back once he finishes up in Korea. I wouldn't even be surprised if Bozanic played for the club again.

Thing is, the team will likely continue to be largely successful anyway and the majority of fans will be happy. But a bit more ambition would be nice.

I've said it multiple times but I really dislike the conservatism and lack of imagination this club shows when it comes to transfers.

I'd be staggered if we didn't end up re-signing Milligan at some point. Adrian Leijer will also inevitably come back once he finishes up in Korea. I wouldn't even be surprised if Bozanic played for the club again.

Thing is, the team will likely continue to be largely successful anyway and the majority of fans will be happy. But a bit more ambition would be nice.

It's a problem with the entire league not just us. There are to many recycled players and not enough risk and ambition in the up and coming youths as well as taking advantage of the Asian market by the clubs.
I guess with only 10 teams it makes it easy to just top up and rebound by papering over cracks instead of rebuilding with youths. After all it's a results based league and with no relegation.

If there where more teams in the league it will be harder to rebound with recycled players because the pool will be weaker and clubs will be forced to rebuild invest with youths and look outside the square a bit on recruiting. Ten teams is just to easy to go the old papering over the cracks model.

That's why it's essential that the A-league should make expansion a priority. Two teams within the next two seasons and a further two within the next five bringing it to fourteen teams. That should be the goal for the next five seasons. Fat chance with the current FFA through to conservative and not enough balls!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back