2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

If Troisi leaves, are there any ideas or rumours of who could be brought to the club?

If Troisi leaves, are there any ideas or rumours of who could be brought to the club?

Not really. Not credible ones anyway.

And you won't get any credible rumours - it's something that Victory have always done really well actually. We typically don't blab to media about who we might sign until the deal is done.

It's why we (Victory) were so pissed off last season when it was the ******* FFA who blabbed about the Essien negotiations.

Be good to have Milligan back, but as a "marquee"? I hate that term but if the point of that position was to have someone that brings people into to watch the games then the league has, as a whole, failed spectacularly. Should just get rid of it.

TWG is our version of The Sun.

"Rumours" it publishes are worth less than nothing.

I hope it's true, but I wouldn't read any more into this than I've read into rumours of his return that have existed for 18 months.

TWG is our version of The Sun.

"Rumours" it publishes are worth less than nothing.

I hope it's true, but I wouldn't read any more into this than I've read into rumours of his return that have existed for 18 months.
You're probably right, it's the only bit of information I could find regarding the story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm at the game, thought I'd give you a HT rundown.

Dull game TBH. Port been very defensive and are yet to have a chance. U could have scored a couple, Berisha missed a shocker, but all together not too impressive. Looking quite disjointed, defence have been pretty good, Donachie and Williams look like they are finding a decent understanding. Choi looking very suspect defensively, some nice touches and runs but certainly isn't looking tapped in with the rest of the defence and isn't impressing.
Star of the team has definitely been Mcglip. Bossing the midfield, been absolutely fantastic going forward and has been a rock defensively. Brox has been pretty poor TBH, and Hope looks a fair way off the pace.
Up forward, not looking great. Austin still looks fast but has no final product, Ingham looks like s**t, and Berisha isn't getting great service but is getting into some good positions. Overall, not great. You have been the better team but hasn't been a good game at all.

Random question - did it rain at all during the game?

I was going to come down, but it started hosing down at my joint at about 6.15 as I was about to leave for the game. I wasn't prepared to get drenched to watch a practice match!

Random question - did it rain at all during the game?

I was going to come down, but it started hosing down at my joint at about 6.15 as I was about to leave for the game. I wasn't prepared to get drenched to watch a practice match!
Yeah it poured in the second half, there was lightning and everything.

TBH it's a bit worrying that I had nothing better to do with my time than watch a team I don't even support play a practice match in the freezing cold whilst getting soaked. I need to find a hobby I think lol

I CBF writing a full report, but basically the players that impressed me were were: Williams, McGlip, Theoharous and Banderia, and the players I thought were crap were; Berisha, Austin, Ingham, Choi (makes some nice runs and touches but can't pass or defend for s**t), Hope and Brox

Last edited:
Yeah it poured in the second half, there was lightning and everything.

TBH it's a bit worrying that I had nothing better to do with my time than watch a team I don't even support play a practice match in the freezing cold whilst getting soaked. I need to find a hobby I think lol

I CBF writing a full report, but basically the players that impressed me were were: Williams, McGlip, Theoharous and Banderia, and the players I thought were crap were; Berisha, Austin, Ingham, Choi (makes some nice runs and touches but can't pass or defend for s**t), Hope and Brox
To be fair, I wish I had the spare time to do this kind of thing. I feel like a free spirit if I get the chance to watch an FFA Cup game between NPL teams on a weeknight :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back